Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deoxys Sets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6863

Deoxys Sets Empty
PostSubject: Deoxys Sets   Deoxys Sets EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:33 pm

I was pretty bored for the past few days, and decided to make a set for my favorite pokemon of all. Yes, it's an uber. But, who cares? I like every Deoxys I have.

Pokemon: Deoxys-A (D.N.Angel)
Nature: Mild
Ability: Pressure
Item: Focus Sash
EVs: 252Sp.A/200Spe/58Att
Set:
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Brick Break
Purpose:
-A modification of its common set. I gave it more attack EVs so it can have enough power for Brick Break. I have Brick Break on there so my physical power can stay high in the long run, instead of lowering it with Superpower. Psychic is for STAB. Shadow Ball is to fight off other ghost and psychic types. Ice Beam is to fight off all the dragons in ubers. I don't need an electric attack because I can take of flying types with Ice Beam and get water types with STAB Psychic.

Pokemon: Deoxys-D (Gem Soul)
Nature: Calm
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252HP/252Sp.D/6Sp.A
Set:
-Ice Beam
-Calm Mind
-Thunder Wave
-Recover
Purpose:
-Strictly, a special wall. It can set up with Calm Mind, go for Thunder Wave, then Recover in that order. It may be different, depending on what occers. Then, you can stall with Ice Beam. Thunder Wave is for lowering the speed of most of the pokemon in ubers. I can then take off the damage with Recover. And since a lot of pokemon in ubers are dragons or neutral to ice, I chose Ice Beam to stall.

I hope you guys enjoy! ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5987

Deoxys Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deoxys Sets   Deoxys Sets EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Awesome sets, Nagi! There isn't anything I see that should be changed.
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5646

Deoxys Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deoxys Sets   Deoxys Sets EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Nagi-Nagi wrote:
I was pretty bored for the past few days, and decided to make a set for my favorite pokemon of all. Yes, it's an uber. But, who cares? I like every Deoxys I have.

Pokemon: Deoxys-A (D.N.Angel)
Nature: Naive / Hasty
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 4 ATK / 252 SpA / 252 SPE
Set:
-Thunder / Hidden Power [Fire]
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Superpower
Purpose:
Deoxys-A relies on speed. That is why the EVs and nature are changed. The only purpose of Superpower is to take out Blissey, and nothing else. Four ATK EVs will easily work out for you, and the drops from Superpower are irrelevant after the fat blob is down, as Superpower is your only physical attack. Focus Sash may seem nice, but Life Orb will give you the extra power boost you lose from changing your nature, and more. While any Pokemon without STAB may seem stupid, Psychic-type moves are terrible in Ubers due to the abundance of Mew, Mewtwo, Deoxys-S/A/D, Darkrai, Dialga, Scizor, Forretress, Metagross... just to name a 'few'. Clearly, Psychic is resisted a lot in the Ubers tier. Thunder will destroy Kyogre, but Hidden Power [Fire] will decimate Forretress and annihilate Scizor (should you predict the switch).

Pokemon: Deoxys-D (Gem Soul)
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SpA
Set:
-Ice Beam
-Calm Mind
-Thunder Wave
-Recover
Purpose:
I know you want it to be a special wall, but without and DEF EVs, Groudon, Rayquaza, Garchomp, Scizor and friends will love to come in on you. Although the first three take heavy damage from Ice Beam, don't be betting on a KO because Deoxys-D's SpA isn't amazing. The moveset itself looks good.

I hope you guys enjoy! ^_^

Comments/recommendations in bold.
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5885

Deoxys Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deoxys Sets   Deoxys Sets EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:41 pm

I agree with ARandomBoy on this; he seems to be more well versed in ubers than I am (I'm a noob at it Sad). However you should probably take thunder over HP fire; I think it'll be good enough for scizor anyways (unless it's one of those bulky ones)

For the second one I have to (again) agree; you need defense ev's over sp. defense since you're running CM. Also note that this is pretty easily walled by anything with toxic or metagross/scizor; taunt is also terrible for this set, so you might wanna consider running it yourself... o and blissey says hi

Also Groudon will like setting up if you don't have any defense and will have a good deal of fun sweeping with RP; ice beam won't do all that much with Deoxys-D's weak (for Ubers) attack, even if it is super effective (however after enough CM's it is a force to be reckoned with; I just question whether it can get that far).

LASTLY... Shedinja likes these sets and will gladly set up SD's on the second one; will likely w-o-w or xcissor+Shadow sneak (KO?) on the first one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deoxys Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deoxys Sets   Deoxys Sets Empty

Back to top Go down

Deoxys Sets
Page 1 of 1