Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pichu Power

Go down 
+6
TheOSC
Nagi-Nagi
ARandomBoy
Neku
Herpdidderp
77pudding
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
77pudding

77pudding

UT points : 5702

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:40 pm

I was think of a way to use one of my favorite pokemon Pichu! So i looked it up and saw a way I can put it to use.

Ninjask@focus sash
Jolly
Speed boost
252speed, 252 attack, 4 speed
Swords Dance
Substitute
Baton Pass
X-scissor

Normal Ninjask. Swords dance, Baton pass and Speed boost to pass on to Pichu to have a chance at sweeping. X-scissor so it isnt dead from taunt.

Pichu@Liechi/Salac berry?
Jolly/Adament
static
252 speed, 252 attack, 4 speed
Endure
Flail
Reversal
Thunderpunch

Pichu is now able to use the Flail and endure moveset but also Reversal too. Flail and Reversal both are 200 base when at 1hp. Endure is to get down to 1hp. Thunder punch is for Coverage so that ghosts dont wall me. I am not sure what berry to use Liechi or Salac? Speed or attack? After one swords dance Pichu's attack is at 392 (adament) or 359 (Jolly). And its speed after Ninjask passing 3 speed boosts is 547.5 (Adament) or 600 ( jolly) I am thinking Liechi for the attack.

Let me here your thoughts

Last edited by 77pudding on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Advice)
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

UT points : 5272

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:29 pm

It may be your favorite but it's ineffective in this combo. If you want to do a Flail/Reversal set Heracross does it best (and I mean best, it gets a Swarm boosted Megahorn too). Pichu is basically completely outclassed by it's higher evolutions, namely Pikachu thanks to Light Ball.

The only set that Pichu could possibly run in any tier other than LC is the lvl 1 Endeaver/Quick Attack lead.
Back to top Go down
77pudding

77pudding

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:31 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
It may be your favorite but it's ineffective in this combo. If you want to do a Flail/Reversal set Heracross does it best (and I mean best, it gets a Swarm boosted Megahorn too). Pichu is basically completely outclassed by it's higher evolutions, namely Pikachu thanks to Light Ball.

The only set that Pichu could possibly run in any tier other than LC is the lvl 1 Endeaver/Quick Attack lead.
I am using Pichu because it has a possiblity to use this set.
And Pichi cant learn quick attack therefore he cant do the endeaver/quick attack lead.
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:35 pm

77pudding wrote:
And Pichi cant learn quick attack therefore he cant do the endeaver/quick attack lead.
With your logic running Magikarp in Pichu's spot is viable because it has the move Flail. Just because a Pokemon has something doesn't make it a viable competitive set to use. You don't see anyone in Ubers using Deoxys-Attack with Cosmic Power.

I'm 99% sure if you breed a male Pikachu with Quick Attack the Pichu will also have it. That's how LC pokes have moves they can only learn at a level higher than 5. I'm checking.
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5686

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Okay, I love the Pikachu family just as much as the next guy but I don't know...pichu is just a pitiful pokemon, he's cute but I mostly agree with herp- him. However although Heracross does it best that doesn't mean it is invalid to use a flail/reversal set just because it's outclassed, that's why there are so many pokemon. However I'll give my 2 cents:

Ninjask set is pretty standard so I'm going to leave that alone.

For the Pichu set:

Pichu @ Liechi Berry, although you'll get the SD from Ninjask you want to make sure you do as much as possible to try and KO.
Nature:JollyI want to say Jolly because if you're getting a SD and a Liechi Berry that's fairly high attack as well as Attack EVs and it at least helps Pichu with it's rather slow speed.
EVs: 252 Spe/ 252 Atk/ 6 HP
Static

-Endure
-Flail
-Reversal
-Thunder Punch

I don't really use the calculator to see how much the pokemon needs to outspeed this and KO this, I just go with what I think I need.You'll really have to test this and see if it works. Hope I helped. Very Happy
P.S. Your EVs are messed up, you did 252 Speed/ 252 Attack/ 4 Speed lol.
Back to top Go down
77pudding

77pudding

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Neku wrote:
Okay, I love the Pikachu family just as much as the next guy but I don't know...pichu is just a pitiful pokemon, he's cute but I mostly agree with herp- him. However although Heracross does it best that doesn't mean it is invalid to use a flail/reversal set just because it's outclassed, that's why there are so many pokemon. However I'll give my 2 cents:

Ninjask set is pretty standard so I'm going to leave that alone.

For the Pichu set:

Pichu @ Liechi Berry, although you'll get the SD from Ninjask you want to make sure you do as much as possible to try and KO.
Nature:JollyI want to say Jolly because if you're getting a SD and a Liechi Berry that's fairly high attack as well as Attack EVs and it at least helps Pichu with it's rather slow speed.
EVs: 252 Spe/ 252 Atk/ 6 HP
Static

-Endure
-Flail
-Reversal
-Thunder Punch

I don't really use the calculator to see how much the pokemon needs to outspeed this and KO this, I just go with what I think I need.You'll really have to test this and see if it works. Hope I helped. Very Happy
P.S. Your EVs are messed up, you did 252 Speed/ 252 Attack/ 4 Speed lol.

Thanks for the advice i havent tested it yet but i have some hope for this little guy.

Herpdidderp wrote:
I'm 99% sure if you breed a male Pikachu with Quick Attack the Pichu will also have it. That's how LC pokes have moves they can only learn at a level higher than 5. I'm checking..
Nope only pikachu can learn it. Can't learn it through Breeding or leveling up.
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
77pudding wrote:
With your logic running Magikarp in Pichu's spot is viable because it has the move Flail. Just because a Pokemon has something doesn't make it a viable competitive set to use. You don't see anyone in Ubers using Deoxys-Attack with Cosmic Power.

I'm 99% sure if you breed a male Pikachu with Quick Attack the Pichu will also have it. That's how LC pokes have moves they can only learn at a level higher than 5. I'm checking.
Herpdidderp, wow I got your name right without looking ooh yah afro but stop using that logic that people assume that just because the pokemon has the move doesn't mean it'll work. People just want to making something work and sarcasm isn't how you team dude. I'm not mad or anything I'm just trying to explain to you that not everybody thinks like that.
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Neku wrote:
However although Heracross does it best that doesn't mean it is invalid to use a flail/reversal set just because it's outclassed, that's why there are so many pokemon.
I disagree. If this is competitive battling, you shouldn't be focused on making your favorites win in a tier they don't work efficiently in. This set can work in LC I suppose, not too well but just the same. In OU there is no point in using this combo other than 'coz it's mah fav's' which doesn't make it viable.

Heracross vs. Pichu
~Offense~
Heracross - Has STAB Reversal. -125 Attack / 85 Speed-
Pichu - No STAB. -40 Attack / 60 Speed-
~Defense~
Heracross - Resists Dark/Fighting/Grass/Ground/Bug. -80 HP / 75 Defense / 95 Special Defense-
Pichu - Resists Steel/Electric/Flying. -20 HP / 15 Defense / 35 Special Defense-
~Ability~
Heracross - Swarm boosts Bug attacks when at 1/3rd HP or less.
Pichu - Static paralyzes at a 30% on moves that make physical contact.
~Moveset~
Heracross - Endure/Megahorn/Reversal/Flail. Dual STAB, Swarm boost. Total base power = 770
Pichu - Endure/Thunderpunch/Reversal/Flail. Single STAB. Total base power = 512

So there is no reason to use Pichu > Heracross in OU.

Quote :
Herpdidderp, wow I got your name right without looking ooh yah but stop using that logic that people assume that just because the pokemon has the move doesn't mean it'll work.
Of course this set can work, but why use it when there is something doing it so much better? Heracross can literally have a - Attack nature with 0 Attack Iv's and still have a considerable amount more than Pichu.
Quote :
People just want to making something work and sarcasm isn't how you team dude.
I don't understand that last part about the team as it is improperly written. If OP wants this to work, use Heracross. If OP wants to use Pichu, use it in the right tier. That's how you make things work. The Magikarp example was actually sound, the only Pokemon who use Flail worse than Pichu are Magikarp and Feebas and the only Pokemon who can possibly unleash a less effective Reversal than Pichu is Sentret (who actually has higher base Attack so it's arguable). Oddish, Chinchou, and even Luvdisc use a Flail set better than Pichu and EVERYTHING that learns Reversal can basically do a better Reversal set. Even if it has both moves that it is a terrible user of doesn't make this Pichu set viable in any OU situation.
Quote :
I'm not mad or anything I'm just trying to explain to you that not everybody thinks like that.
Is it wrong that I'm trying to get more people into a competitive mindset in competitive battling instead of encouraging sets, behavoir, and thought processes that will only stunt their growth? The more time OP spends trying to make this work the more he's holding himself back.

After breeding a Pichu myself I have discovered that, no, it cannot learn Quick Attack. My mistake. However I was right about Pichu being able to learn any move it would normally recieve from leveling up or any move it could recieve from a TM via breeding. I wanted to check multiple things so I did a mass test. The bred Pichu came out with Thunder Wave, which it can learn from leveling up, and Double Team, which it can only recieve from a TM. Once again, my mistake.
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:07 pm

I don't mean to for this to be an argument, what I'm saying is, I acknowledge that you're trying to help and trying to get people in to a competitive mindset however I feel you're missing the point. Pokemon is about fun correct? Competitive battling you do for fun, correct? Far as I know, nobody on this forum is a world champion and for some it may be about using an unlikely pokemon and trying to make a favorite work. That's why pokemon look different and have different stats. Would you want every Pokemon to have the same stat and look the same for the sake of using the best option? I do agree, use this set in a correct tier because pichu in OU...I don't see working. You win some and you lose some but that's fine.
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Competitive battling will ruin your love for what the game really is. I can completely agree with this statement. If you want to enjoy the game, stop now and try to go back to it. Otherwise start getting in the right mindset. I am aware that some people do it for fun, but if it is a for fun idea why post it here? If it's obviously ineffective and easily outclassed in literally every way, then keep it to yourself, share with friends in chats, etc. Otherwise it becomes a type of spam: sets that really won't work but people feel the need to post them. A mod could make a sticky thread for 'just for fun' sets that people could rate there, but if this section is to be taken seriously as I know it should be, sets like this will not benefit it.

I do back originality and using fun combos. Hell I beat my tutor with Belly Drum Slowbro in an epic 1-6 turnaround sweep, so I'm not doubting that this can work. Honestly the idea of a 'just for fun' thread seems to be what some of these sets should be going for.
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5635

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
Heracross vs. Pichu
~Offense~
Heracross - Has STAB Reversal. -125 Attack / 85 Speed-
Pichu - No STAB. -40 Attack / 60 Speed-
~Defense~
Heracross - Resists Dark/Fighting/Grass/Ground/Bug. -80 HP / 75 Defense / 95 Special Defense-
Pichu - Resists Steel/Electric/Flying. -20 HP / 15 Defense / 35 Special Defense-
~Ability~
Heracross - Swarm boosts Bug attacks when at 1/3rd HP or less.
Pichu - Static paralyzes at a 30% on moves that make physical contact.
~Moveset~
Heracross - Endure/Megahorn/Reversal/Flail. Dual STAB, Swarm boost. Total base power = 770
Pichu - Endure/Thunderpunch/Reversal/Flail. Single STAB. Total base power = 512

So there is no reason to use Pichu > Heracross in OU.

Well put. Wink

~~

If Pudding refuses to use an OU such as Heracross for a set like this, there are options for the lower tiers, as well.

Vigoroth has a respectable base 80 Atk and base 90 Spe to run this set better than Pichu (albeit worse than Heracross, but ^). The standard FlailReversal set looks something like this:

Pichu Power 288

Vigoroth@Salac Berry
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant
Vital Spirit

-Endure
-Flail
-Reversal
-Night Slash

Not only does it have better all-around stats, it also receives STAB on Flail and has Night Slash for a reliable way to deal with Ghosts.

Truthfully, the reasons to use Pichu over Heracross/Vigoroth (depending on the tier) are the fact that it's cuter, it has the nasty surprise factor, and I can imagine it being fun to wreck havoc with a tiny yellow mouse. If you prefer those, go ahead and use the lil' fella'. You never know, it may actually win you a few matches. Wink

P.S.: As you can see from my avatar, I, personally, love Pichu. Really. I say this set is worth a try. I mean, hey, what could go wrong? ;D If you do test it, post your results and we can get back to you with some feedback. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6852

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:37 pm

ARandomBoy...Why do you have to resort to a Smogon set?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
77pudding

77pudding

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:38 pm

ARandomBoy wrote:
P.S.: As you can see from my avatar, I, personally, love Pichu. Really. I say this set is worth a try. I mean, hey, what could go wrong? ;D If you do test it, post your results and we can get back to you with some feedback. Like a Star @ heaven
I will but i am not sure how to test it. Its either EV training or shoddy battle which I have never tried
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Nagi-Nagi wrote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a Smogon set.
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

UT points : 5490

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:42 pm

yea the smogon sets are there because they are tested and work. (not saying original sets are wrong in fact there are tons of them that rock but there's nothing WRONG with a smogon set.)
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

UT points : 6821

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
Nagi-Nagi wrote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a Smogon set.

There is when the person is trying for originality in Pokemon Choice.
Back to top Go down
http://spearpillar.roflforum.net/forum.htm
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 pm

You call out the gimmicky Vigoroth set and yet you ignore the Ninjask set that is Smogon's that's on OP. Irony.

The strategy is pretty original as most try to pass to sturdy Pokemon like Metagross or Scizor. As long as the strategy itself is original or used very very little (like Flail or Reversal, let alone both) it shouldn't matter what set anyone uses. If it's because someone else did it that something loses it's originality, then nothing is original anymore.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6077

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:33 pm

i dont see why there is arguing now. once again this is a gimmick set that we usually find here, and obviously it has its flaws and can be outclassed by other pokemon but the poster has picked the pokemon they want. obviously its going to be tough for him to sweep, but if he wants to try then he should go for it. i never noticed that another pokemon received the flail+reversal combo so obviously its not going to be expected most of the time

but am i the only one kind of wondering how he's keeping this pichu alive on the switch? ninjask doesnt have substitute, so obviously its baton passing freely and it will bring pichu into an attack
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5981

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:45 pm

insted of a berry, put a focus sash on pichu. if you are staying in for 3 speed boosts, then you can triple swords dance. nobody will be able to stop it. (aside from another pokemon with focus sash)
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:49 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
insted of a berry, put a focus sash on pichu. if you are staying in for 3 speed boosts, then you can triple swords dance. nobody will be able to stop it. (aside from another pokemon with focus sash)
Endure makes Focus Sash useless.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:53 pm

yes but if hes switching in to pichu and the opponets attacking then pichus gonna get smushed/vaporized/Bloody mark on the ground. thats why he should get rid of endure and switch the move to something else.
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:05 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
yes but if hes switching in to pichu and the opponets attacking then pichus gonna get smushed/vaporized/Bloody mark on the ground. thats why he should get rid of endure and switch the move to something else.
This is why I have suggested, providing my points very thoroughly, that this combo will not work effectively. It's fun and that's nice, but Pichu will never really get a chance to switch in unless thoroughly planned.

In short, I agreed.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:12 pm

it can work if the pichu has a focus sash and ninjask baton passes sword dance with speed boost and there is no stealth rock set up. if ninjask can learn taunt then use it.
Back to top Go down
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6085

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:39 am

If you really want to use this go for Substitute>X-Scissor, although ninjask won't be able to attack Pichu needs a free baton pass in, otherwise it'll get completely mauled.
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

UT points : 6821

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:52 am

Herpdidderp wrote:
You call out the gimmicky Vigoroth set and yet you ignore the Ninjask set that is Smogon's that's on OP. Irony.

I don't call that out bacause we weren't talking about it and all seem to agree that there isn't many options outside Ninjask for that kind of setting up.
Back to top Go down
http://spearpillar.roflforum.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

Pichu Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Power   Pichu Power Empty

Back to top Go down

Pichu Power
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next