Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latias and Status

Go down 
+3
saxman1324
Shnoogle
Sweetness
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sweetness

Sweetness

UT points : 5318

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Okay, so I trained this Latias today with these sets in mind:

Latias@Flame Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SpDef, 4 HP
Moveset:
-Dragon Pulse
-Recover
-Psycho Shift
-Thunderbolt/Reflect/Protect/HP (Ground)

So basically, this Latias is supposed to pass a Burn to any physical sweeper slower than itself. It has max Speed, so it can outrun the majority of sweepers barring Scarfed physical sweepers. Dragon Pulse is for STAB consistent damage and Recover is to heal off any burn damage. Psycho Shift is self-explanatory. The last move is where I have the most trouble.

Thunderbolt is there for any Steel-type that resist Dragon Pulse, excluding Steelix. Reflect is to take the first physical hit before the Burn is actually acquired. Protect is to protect myself for the Burn to activate if Reflect is up already. HP (Ground) is for said Steel-type and neutral type coverage.

Any ideas to improve on this?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sweetbitterdarkness
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7700

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Nice I like it alot Smile

Put the 252 Sp. Def EVs into HP so you can take both Sp. And physical attacks well. You already have monstrous Sp. Def so the extra gain isn't worth the bonus physical bulk to take powerful hits like CB Tyranitar's Crunch even when it is burned.

For the last slot, Surf is the best option as Dragon-Water provides the best coverage Latias can get with only two moves and the only pokemon you should have to watch out for are Empoleon and Shedinja (and the latter you can jut trick it your flame orb to kill it in one hit haha)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6076

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:37 pm

i say go for a rest talk set

Latias@Flame Orb
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 HP, 4 SpD
Moveset:
-Dragon Pulse
-Rest
-Psycho Shift
-Sleep Talk

can shift two statuses if you are lucky Wink

however shnoogle gives a good idea if you want to keep recover
Back to top Go down
Sweetness

Sweetness

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Okay, so shift over the EVs in SpDef to HP instead? And give it Surf?
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7700

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:52 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
i say go for a rest talk set

Latias@Flame Orb
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 HP, 4 SpD
Moveset:
-Dragon Pulse
-Rest
-Psycho Shift
-Sleep Talk

can shift two statuses if you are lucky Wink

however Shnoogle gives a good idea if you want to keep recover

Only use this on shoddy because if you put two pokemon to sleep by accident you lose the battle lol
This is a great set though!

And yeah, Sweetness, Give it surf and 252 HP EVs
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Sweetness

Sweetness

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:19 am

Hmm well seeing as I have no way of resetting the EVs (I don't have the berries for it in SS), I'll toy with it for a bit as it is.
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5685

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Nice I like it alot Smile

Put the 252 Sp. Def EVs into HP so you can take both Sp. And physical attacks well. You already have monstrous Sp. Def so the extra gain isn't worth the bonus physical bulk to take powerful hits like CB Tyranitar's Crunch even when it is burned.

For the last slot, Surf is the best option as Dragon-Water provides the best coverage Latias can get with only two moves and the only pokemon you should have to watch out for are Empoleon and Shedinja (and the latter you can jut trick it your flame orb to kill it in one hit haha)

I'm not really sure how well this would work but since Latias has average SpD (sarcasm) you can put the EVs like so; 252 Hp EVs, and if you're worried of special attacks just got 176 Physical Defense and 80 Special defense
In case you're worried or something. Shnoogle's set is good too I GUESS lol.
Back to top Go down
s16jstae

s16jstae

UT points : 5154

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm

i like it with the speed to beat almost anything. this pokemon will be hard to take out leaving you an advantage for the rest of your team.

id go with hp ground so youll be able to do a lot of damage while being a wall. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:34 pm

s16jstae wrote:
i like it with the speed to beat almost anything. this pokemon will be hard to take out leaving you an advantage for the rest of your team.

id go with hp ground so youll be able to do a lot of damage while being a wall. Like a Star @ heaven

i see no help coming from Hidden Power Ground. Neither Magnezone nor Heatran threaten this set
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

UT points : 5145

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:59 pm

This is a unique set and I like it a lot, I also see it working out quite well. I have one small suggestion however;

With the amazing rise in the usage of scarf tar, you will have to psycho shift on the switch in order to cripple it. I want to help you ease your prediction, so I would consider surf or grass knot for the fourth slot to at least hit tyranitar for some damage. Also, if Tyranitar sees that you are using grass knot early game, they will hesitate to switch in, which makes prediction harder for your opponent.

Other than that it looks pretty good and it doesn't seem like there could be much wrong with it, although it seems like it could force quite a few switches, so consider running skarmory with it for impeccable synergy and spikes stacking as well.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Juggernaut wrote:
This is a unique set and I like it a lot, I also see it working out quite well. I have one small suggestion however;

With the amazing rise in the usage of scarf tar, you will have to psycho shift on the switch in order to cripple it. I want to help you ease your prediction, so I would consider surf or grass knot for the fourth slot to at least hit tyranitar for some damage. Also, if Tyranitar sees that you are using grass knot early game, they will hesitate to switch in, which makes prediction harder for your opponent.

Other than that it looks pretty good and it doesn't seem like there could be much wrong with it, although it seems like it could force quite a few switches, so consider running skarmory with it for impeccable synergy and spikes stacking as well.

i agree with Skarm support
Back to top Go down
Sweetness

Sweetness

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:19 pm

So far, I did some field tests with Latias and this is what I came up with:

1. It can't take a physical hit without Reflect support.

That's about it. Luckily, that's what I have Bronzong for anyway.
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5870

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:36 pm

I used to have a Latias like this on one of my old Shoddy teams. They are totally Kick-ACE! I'm surprised Smogon hasn't tested the set.....?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
Sweetness

Sweetness

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm

That's because Smogon fails to realize the epic awesomeness that is Flame-Shift Latias. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Latias and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias and Status   Latias and Status Empty

Back to top Go down

Latias and Status
Page 1 of 1