The Uuttitan Community Forums
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 My (bad) signatures!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Elfar wrote:
It's better. Still a bit plain. Try using new tools.
Hmm... I'm using new brushes. BTW I got photoshop to work. But I have a question, right now I am using the default brushes which had the leaves and grass. How do I get new brushes?
Back to top Go down
SloSerge

avatar

Posts : 224
UT points : 3004
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 21
Location : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 1:42 pm

brushzee.com or something like that
Back to top Go down
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 1:44 pm

SloSerge wrote:
brushzee.com or something like that
Well I KNOW where to get brushes but how do I make it so they appear in Photoshop?
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1094
UT points : 4193
Join date : 2009-10-26
Age : 21
Location : It's a small world. Who knows?

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Go to program files, find photoshop, find brushes folder, and install them there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Elfar wrote:
Go to program files, find photoshop, find brushes folder, and install them there.
I can't find the brushes folder. :S WHere is it?
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

avatar

Posts : 86
UT points : 2849
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 28
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Okay so here's the example I made. It was done really quick so it's not that good.



The picture you want has to take up the most space. This should be the focal point, or what your eye looks at first. Second the background has to flow with the render(Arcanine). The easiest way this is done is to use the lightest color and the darkest color of the render. I know I didn't quite do it here but you should get the idea. Also, look how the text isn't too big or too small; and it's out of the way. You might want to put some gfx on it, like how I put a feint wind around Arcanine, or the "fire" around him.
Back to top Go down
http://Youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 2:05 pm

ExSolstice wrote:
Okay so here's the example I made. It was done really quick so it's not that good.



The picture you want has to take up the most space. This should be the focal point, or what your eye looks at first. Second the background has to flow with the render(Arcanine). The easiest way this is done is to use the lightest color and the darkest color of the render. I know I didn't quite do it here but you should get the idea. Also, look how the text isn't too big or too small; and it's out of the way. You might want to put some gfx on it, like how I put a feint wind around Arcanine, or the "fire" around him.
Cool, BUT WHERE IS THE BRUSHES FOLDER. I've looked everywhere and I carn't find it.
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

avatar

Posts : 86
UT points : 2849
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 28
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 2:20 pm

Rover wrote:
ExSolstice wrote:
Okay so here's the example I made. It was done really quick so it's not that good.



The picture you want has to take up the most space. This should be the focal point, or what your eye looks at first. Second the background has to flow with the render(Arcanine). The easiest way this is done is to use the lightest color and the darkest color of the render. I know I didn't quite do it here but you should get the idea. Also, look how the text isn't too big or too small; and it's out of the way. You might want to put some gfx on it, like how I put a feint wind around Arcanine, or the "fire" around him.
Cool, BUT WHERE IS THE BRUSHES FOLDER. I've looked everywhere and I carn't find it.



C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Brushes. Put the brushes in that folder. When you go into Photoshop click on the brushes tool. Then go up to the taskbar and click on the drop down arrow of the brush. You should see a little ">" somewhere on the drop down menu. It should bring a list of all the different brushes you have loaded. When you click on one press "Aphend" and it should appear at the bottom of the brushes.


Last edited by ExSolstice on Sat May 15, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://Youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Have no clue about "GFX" if you could please explain to me. But before you do that... I MADE ANOTHER SIGNATURE! Okay so here it is...


Ugh... leave comments on it.
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

avatar

Posts : 86
UT points : 2849
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 28
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Rover wrote:
Have no clue about "GFX" if you could please explain to me. But before you do that... I MADE ANOTHER SIGNATURE! Okay so here it is...


Ugh... leave comments on it.

Okay it's MUCH MUCH better than your previous ones. Im glad to see your improving.
Back to top Go down
http://Youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 2:42 pm

ExSolstice wrote:
Rover wrote:
Have no clue about "GFX" if you could please explain to me. But before you do that... I MADE ANOTHER SIGNATURE! Okay so here it is...


Ugh... leave comments on it.

Okay it's MUCH MUCH better than your previous ones. Im glad to see your improving.
Care to explain what GFX is and how to use it?
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1094
UT points : 4193
Join date : 2009-10-26
Age : 21
Location : It's a small world. Who knows?

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Yeah, this is a lot better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
SloSerge

avatar

Posts : 224
UT points : 3004
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 21
Location : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 2:43 pm

http://www.brusheezy.com/Brushes/ - Download em, open the downloaded file and click install...no need to god **** make rocket science out of it and start searching for non-useful files
Back to top Go down
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 2:45 pm

SloSerge wrote:
http://www.brusheezy.com/Brushes/ - Download em, open the downloaded file and click install...no need to god **** make rocket science out of it and start searching for non-useful files
www.deviantart.com is a much better place to download brushes IMO. :S Also I found out how to do the brush thing and no need to cuss with *'s. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 2:51 pm

(needs explantion for GFX. Someone help me. I'll be waiting Wink)
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

avatar

Posts : 86
UT points : 2849
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 28
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Rover wrote:
(needs explantion for GFX. Someone help me. I'll be waiting Wink)


GFX in what Photoshop? If so where is it located?
Back to top Go down
http://Youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 3:01 pm

ExSolstice wrote:
Rover wrote:
(needs explantion for GFX. Someone help me. I'll be waiting Wink)


GFX in what Photoshop? If so where is it located?
You said: "You might want to put some gfx on it, like how I put a feint wind around Arcanine, or the "fire" around him."


How do I do that effect and what is GFX and how do i get it in Photoshop.
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

avatar

Posts : 86
UT points : 2849
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 28
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 3:06 pm

Rover wrote:
ExSolstice wrote:
Rover wrote:
(needs explantion for GFX. Someone help me. I'll be waiting Wink)


GFX in what Photoshop? If so where is it located?
You said: "You might want to put some gfx on it, like how I put a feint wind around Arcanine, or the "fire" around him."


How do I do that effect and what is GFX and how do i get it in Photoshop.

Ah okay. Those are under the Filter taskbar. Just practice around with them for a bit. Before you do, ALWAYS duplicate the layer and use the duplicated layer. This is just in case you make a mistake.
Back to top Go down
http://Youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 3:08 pm

ExSolstice wrote:
Rover wrote:
ExSolstice wrote:
Rover wrote:
(needs explantion for GFX. Someone help me. I'll be waiting Wink)


GFX in what Photoshop? If so where is it located?
You said: "You might want to put some gfx on it, like how I put a feint wind around Arcanine, or the "fire" around him."


How do I do that effect and what is GFX and how do i get it in Photoshop.

Ah okay. Those are under the Filter taskbar. Just practice around with them for a bit. Before you do, ALWAYS duplicate the layer and use the duplicated layer. This is just in case you make a mistake.
Where is the feint effect? Also which think under filter?
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

avatar

Posts : 86
UT points : 2849
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 28
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Rover wrote:
ExSolstice wrote:
Rover wrote:
ExSolstice wrote:
Rover wrote:
(needs explantion for GFX. Someone help me. I'll be waiting Wink)


GFX in what Photoshop? If so where is it located?
You said: "You might want to put some gfx on it, like how I put a feint wind around Arcanine, or the "fire" around him."


How do I do that effect and what is GFX and how do i get it in Photoshop.

Ah okay. Those are under the Filter taskbar. Just practice around with them for a bit. Before you do, ALWAYS duplicate the layer and use the duplicated layer. This is just in case you make a mistake.
Where is the feint effect? Also which think under filter?

Should be Filter>Blur>Motion Blur. The angle should be 0 Degrees. Don't remember the range. After that I played with the opacity a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://Youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Okay made a second signature just to make sure I got the hang of things. I can do the motion blur but I'm in a rush cuz I have to go. I'll go the motion blur later. But here is another signature:



^^
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

avatar

Posts : 86
UT points : 2849
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 28
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Rover wrote:
Okay made a second signature just to make sure I got the hang of things. I can do the motion blur but I'm in a rush cuz I have to go. I'll go the motion blur later. But here is another signature:



^^


It's decent, it could use more effects though.
Back to top Go down
http://Youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Okay, so here are my 3 signatures I've made, are they good? Tell me what you think!







Should have an articuno one soon!
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1094
UT points : 4193
Join date : 2009-10-26
Age : 21
Location : It's a small world. Who knows?

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Better, much better. It'll take practice to get really good though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
Rover

avatar

Posts : 177
UT points : 2965
Join date : 2010-05-09
Location : Over there!

PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   Sat May 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Elfar wrote:
Better, much better. It'll take practice to get really good though.
Yes I know, I'll make like a lot more before I'll try to make a REALLY REALLY REALLY good one, which will have Arceus in it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My (bad) signatures!   

Back to top Go down
 
My (bad) signatures!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Some of my Latest signatures
» Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum
» Xtreme FusionFall Ranks, Avatars and Signatures.
» Cool character signatures?
» New Size Requirement for Forum Signatures and Avatars

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Art :: Drawings and Photography-
Jump to: