Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!

Go down 
+16
frogoholic1
Gir
Skypirate
Elfar
SoulSilverHeartGold
FlareZen
TheOddSlinky
Momo
RadioactiveRaichu
MissTayylor
Darkhunter101
ninjatreecko12
Shnoogle
Daiko
satisuicune
dragonmxz
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
satisuicune

satisuicune

UT points : 5376

Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:15 pm

True, I guess it's a good thing then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/satisuicune
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 6003

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:16 pm

oh and i dropped shnoggle, i cant take any more expensive players, even if SSHG bids on Gir.

Besides that, i think that if we have a new season of this, we will do a draft, just to try it out.
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:21 pm

I'm much better at drafts, keeps me much more balanced, usually.
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

UT points : 6843

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:26 pm

I prefer this.. Funnier, and saves us from every one of the good players getting luckily drawn into the same group.
Back to top Go down
http://spearpillar.roflforum.net/forum.htm
satisuicune

satisuicune

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Wait, auction draft, or a snake draft (to hard to explain, hope you know what it is, it's where each manager picks, but without credits and such.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:34 pm

do you guys think i should allow scouting? you know, where when you guys battle and when either one wins you tell your team about the opoosing trainers team?

Ive also been thinking of having mid-season trades, so that you can trade players off if you dont like them or whatever.
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:49 pm

You can't stop scouting, its just a rule that you have to deal with, thus, try using different team every round, maybe switch on and off, or something?
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:53 pm

cool, but what about the mid season trades?
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Eh, decent, I'll say yes to that.

edit: Alright Daiko, I'm going to try to get you now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7723

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:03 pm

I think that scouting ruins some of the game, really... I mean, if someone has a better team compared to his opponent, but the opponent knows his team, he really isn't using much skill when he makes double switches all the time knowing what Pokémon is going to be sent out and using that time to set up... Basically, it gives an unfair advantage to players. Even if everyone knows everyone's team, prediction would be extremely difficult because mind games would be all over the place. If you don't understand this, then...

Say that myself and Gir for example are battling... We both know each others teams and the Pokémon's movesets -

I send out Toxicroak
Gir sends out a Weezing

Now, I know he has a Milotic waiting in the wings, Gir knows that I have a Houndoom. If I switch out, knowing Weezing counters me, he may just double switch to Milotic, expecting Houndoom to take the Will-O-Wisp or Flamethrower. He knows that he counters me, so he may stay in, but he knows that he risks Houndoom getting a free Nasty Plot and doing around 70% to Milotic with Dark Pulse if I switch (its true, Timid LO Dark Pulse does about that much to 248/0 Milotic). On the other hand, he knows that if he switches and I stay in his Milotic witll be having a hard time because Toxicroak counters Milotic, with Ice Beam only doing 33% with no Sp. Attack investment.

And so, the mind games begin and the game isn't as fun

You cannot in a sense completely eliminate scouting, but I think if someone is caught doing it, then they should have, say, an automatic loss their next battle or something. That punishment is variable, but you guys get what I mean
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:07 pm

yeah, i see what you mean. Of course, this problem can be outset by having multiple teams, or the manager could have the player preform in a diffrent tier,but... esides that, the teams will probably at the max face the same team maybe 3 times, so it wouldnt be too bad.

@satisuicune tsk,tsk. what a bad descion that was. because R-raichu can lose misstayylor, and easilly outbid you on daiko since Momo bidded on misstayylor.
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
I think that scouting ruins some of the game, really... I mean, if someone has a better team compared to his opponent, but the opponent knows his team, he really isn't using much skill when he makes double switches all the time knowing what Pokémon is going to be sent out and using that time to set up... Basically, it gives an unfair advantage to players. Even if everyone knows everyone's team, prediction would be extremely difficult because mind games would be all over the place. If you don't understand this, then...

Say that myself and Gir for example are battling... We both know each others teams and the Pokémon's movesets -

I send out Toxicroak
Gir sends out a Weezing

Now, I know he has a Milotic waiting in the wings, Gir knows that I have a Houndoom. If I switch out, knowing Weezing counters me, he may just double switch to Milotic, expecting Houndoom to take the Will-O-Wisp or Flamethrower. He knows that he counters me, so he may stay in, but he knows that he risks Houndoom getting a free Nasty Plot and doing around 70% to Milotic with Dark Pulse if I switch (its true, Timid LO Dark Pulse does about that much to 248/0 Milotic). On the other hand, he knows that if he switches and I stay in his Milotic witll be having a hard time because Toxicroak counters Milotic, with Ice Beam only doing 33% with no Sp. Attack investment.

And so, the mind games begin and the game isn't as fun

You cannot in a sense completely eliminate scouting, but I think if someone is caught doing it, then they should have, say, an automatic loss their next battle or something. That punishment is variable, but you guys get what I mean
That's why it's a good idea to switch up teams every battle or 2, and maybe go back and forth, or go randomly, so you can confuse your opponent on which team they'll use, I mean, how else can you stop scouting, it's allowed in SPL because there's no way to stop it...

@Dragon, I still have a plan if that does happen.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:16 pm

what? you can't re bid on the players you lost, you know. oh and youll officially have frogoholic on your team in less then an hour.

Last edited by dragonmxz on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:19 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
what? you can re bid on the players you lost, you know. oh and youll officially have frogoholic on your team in less then an hour.
No, you can't re-bid on players you lost, I thought you already made a rule on that. Yeah, and Frogoholic told me he can play in Ubers and UU, but he didn't sign up for it, could he edit that, so he could play in those tiers, or is he just not allowed.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:20 pm

sure oh and btw the can is a typo, i meant to write can't.
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:22 pm

OK good, I would be mad a little otherwise.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:26 pm

on the other hand, gir is a great player and boris and blumey are good too so my team is shaping up fairly well. axel is unknown but hopefully he will do well.
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:17 pm

So, Frog is secured into my team. Yes! And you said he can play UU & Ubers also correct even though he didn't sign up for it, he said he can as long as I Pokesav for him. So yeah.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6620

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:20 pm

hey when do i offical get my players
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:21 pm

24 hours since the last bid of one of your players, no one ever bid on Frogoholic1 besides me and I bid for him 8:07 PM yesterday, so it's been 24 hours, thus, I get Frog. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:02 pm

i own gir Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Lol, I thought that's a good thing, in some aspects.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6620

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:04 pm

are u gonna allow tradeing
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:07 pm

some, i guess. Momo, mid season their will be a trade, the money you have left over will be important for next season, if people feel that they want to keep this up.
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7115

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Can we earn more money?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!   Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat about the Uuttitan Premier League!
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next