Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Choice Aggron

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5190

Choice Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Choice Aggron   Choice Aggron EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 pm

I decided to experiment with a new type of Aggron a couple of months ago. I was thinking how Aggron seems to only fit in on a Trick Room team, but then something ingenious came to my head.

Aggron@Choice Scarf
Jolly/Rock Head
252 Att/252 Spe/4 HP
-Head Smash
-Earthquake/Low Kick
-Aqua Tail
-Ice Punch

Aggron with a Choice Scarf reachs a Speed of Base 90-ish, which in UU, that's pretty much a lot of things. The big thing to watch out for here is its unboosted Attack. While Choice Band is known for wrecking everything with its huge attack, Choice Scarf is about zipping on fast speeds to KO opponents. And with Head Smash coming off of a unboosted, no + nature Attack, some bulky pokemon will resist it. This is where thinking comes in. You can't just run in and smash everything like CB, you have to speculate what it can and can't KO. STAB Head Smash on Milotic will sometimes 2HKO it under all circumstances, because of Milotic's defensive spread. Aqua Tail on Rhyperior will sometimes 2HKO under all circumstances. Without SR, there's a 2% chance of 2HKOing it, while with SR its a half chance of KO.

Yeah, due to time constraints, I'll post the rest of the stuff later in response to comments.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5982

Choice Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choice Aggron   Choice Aggron EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Lol, ive used this set too. if your using jolly you get base 95, but personally i use Adamant to get the extra power and still be able to outspeed. all base 86s and below with speed postive nature.
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

UT points : 5355

Choice Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choice Aggron   Choice Aggron EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Only outspeeding base 95's at most is mostly uttlerly useless, I only like using Aggron in HO teams...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/satisuicune
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5190

Choice Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choice Aggron   Choice Aggron EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:03 pm

satisuicune wrote:
Only outspeeding base 95's at most is mostly uttlerly useless, I only like using Aggron in HO teams...
Well, considering the fact that I didn't put it out there that it's for UU, I can't blame you for that comment.
Unlike OU, which has numerous pokemon that hit high speeds, UU is a rather slow tier. In UU, many of the metagames standard sweepers lie in the Base 80s, such as Nidoking, Venusaur, and Kabutops. Outspeeding base 80s basically means you outsped most of the tier.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Choice Aggron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choice Aggron   Choice Aggron Empty

Back to top Go down

Choice Aggron
Page 1 of 1