Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokenalysis: Leafeon(UU)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5189

Pokenalysis: Leafeon(UU) Empty
PostSubject: Pokenalysis: Leafeon(UU)   Pokenalysis: Leafeon(UU) EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:43 pm

Okay, I don't know if this is going to cause any problems here at the forums. If it does, I'm sorry. If it doesn't okay. I know it sounds like some ripoff from somewhere, but seriously, most analyses are just opinions.

*NOTE* this is not a new moveset analysis

The first Pokemon I feel like analyzing is Leafeon. I feel Leafeon is mostly underrepresented because of the "Eeveelution" syndrome: All of the Eeveelutions have terrible and ineffective movepools, which proves to be the case for Leafeon. Leafeon's offense of Base 110 and access to Swords Dance makes it sound threatening, even more with Base 95 Speed and Base 130 Defense. While Grass is a terrible defending type, base 130 is nothing to scoff at. There's only one problem that inhibits its physical prowess: Eeveelution Syndrome. Here are its most viable attack options: Leaf Blade, Return, Quick Attack, and X-Scissor. On first glance, probably most will notice one common thing: Steel resistance.

Analysis
As mentioned before, Eeveelution Syndrome has made it extremely susceptible to Steel Walling. However, once the barriers are removed, Leafeon is a beast. With Grass/Normal/Bug combination almost unresisted except by Steel-types, it's scary.

Leafeon@Life Orb
Jolly/Leaf Guard
252 Att/252 Spe/4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Return
-Quick Attack/X-Scissor

This is its physical lategame sweeper form. Base 95 is rather fast, providing it with something to fight out the slower ones in the tier. With the walls and potential threats removed, it can clean out any last minute attempts to change the battle. Leaf Blade is a useful one. Many bulky waters in UU are more geared toward special attacks rather than physical attacks. Though Milotic can resist against a Leaf Blade, a 2+ boosted one is a warning sign for Milotics. Return provides neutral and raw damage, similar to Gyarados' Waterfall and Return combo. X-Scissor is a filler move, considering it's the only other useful physical move bar Quick Attack: another Normal-type attack that can come back at weakened Pokemon.

Though this set is rather useful on some occasions, players find using a Physical one is a bit risky, since many of the Pokemon that outspeed it also happens to be able to kill Leafeon too, such as Alakazam, Sceptile, Mismagius, SD-Boosted Scyther, Super Luck Sucker Punching Absol, etc., just to name a few. So, like with every other Eeveelution, it comes with one magical move: Baton Pass.

Yes, the most used and useful moveset is the Baton Pass set.

Leafeon@Leftovers
Jolly/Leaf Guard
132 HP/160 Att/216 Spe
-Baton Pass
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Roar/Grasswhistle/Synthesis

This set is directly off Smogon, and what I typed so far isn't.
Now, the EVs are meant for it to be zippy enough to outspeed Phazers, the damnation of this set, while being a bit Defensive to maximize its chances of passing. The first three moveslots are Standard: Baton Pass/Boosting move/STAB. The last set depends on your situation. Roar is used to blow away phazers who can ruin your setup and pass. Grasswhistle is a cheap imitation of Sleep Powder, inhibiting the opponent to inflict some problems onto you, though relying on 55% accuracy is a bit of a gamble. Synthesis recovers HP in tandem with its high defense.

Conclusion
All in all, Leafeon isn't a bad Pokemon. It's stats are amazing, if it wasn't for a terrible movepool that is and can be stalled to death by Steel Walls. If you use it as a support of an offensive measure, it sure will not dissapoint.

*NOTE* If anyone would also like to discuss about my analysis, feel free to discuss. Post comments, give tips, that's what this is all about. This is also good for inexperienced battlers to learn how to use and take advantage of some pokemon.

Back to top Go down

Pokenalysis: Leafeon(UU)
Page 1 of 1