Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread

Go down 
+5
Elfar
cdplayar
pikachu!
Phase1-Skeith
GaiaAero
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GaiaAero
Junior Moderator
Junior Moderator

UT points : 6388

Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:28 am

Lately I've noticed that only flamewars come out of that thread. Not only does it hurt our forum, but its a pain for us mods and admins to clean up.
So what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Phase1-Skeith

Phase1-Skeith

UT points : 5805

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:55 am

Well, I've never seen a "Goodbye forever" Thread in any other Forum and it certainly does start a lot of flame wars since most people deside to post in the permanent thread when they are in a bad mood or just argued with someone or are just sick of surving on forums.

In my opinion, we should keep the temporary thread since that one serves some purpose and close the official goodbye thread.
People who really want to leave a last message no matter what still have the option to open a new thread.
Back to top Go down
pikachu!

pikachu!

UT points : 7274

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:02 pm

i agree, it's a lot more bad than good, because everyone leaves out like a lion, never a lamb...
the temporary can stay, this way, it makes for less confusion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Elvisrodriguez1992
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7933

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:05 pm

pikachu! wrote:
i agree, it's a lot more bad than good, because everyone leaves out like a lion, never a lamb...
the temporary can stay, this way, it makes for less confusion.

Agreed.
I Like Gaia's Idea.
Also, People Recently Have Been:
Posting Temp. Goodbyes On it. >=S
And Posting Responses.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6559

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:07 pm

I agree. It only encourages people to leave the forum. Sometimes these are dedicated members sometimes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7646

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Phase1-Skeith wrote:
Well, I've never seen a "Goodbye forever" Thread in any other Forum and it certainly does start a lot of flame wars since most people deside to post in the permanent thread when they are in a bad mood or just argued with someone or are just sick of surving on forums.

In my opinion, we should keep the temporary thread since that one serves some purpose and close the official goodbye thread.
People who really want to leave a last message no matter what still have the option to open a new thread.

I love how people ignore your post.
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7933

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:59 pm

Evil wrote:
Phase1-Skeith wrote:

I love how people ignore your post.

I DIDN'T!
>:O
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7105

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:45 am

well it keeps the fourm unique but i agree
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14542
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Phase1-Skeith wrote:
The point of the permanent thread is if you have an actual reason or that your going to actually leave the forums, some people are just to dense to understand that fact. Or they will post there and instantly change their minds. Thats how most people are, its not gonna change, they will just move the flaming to a different area.

Phase1-Skeith wrote:
If every person who wanted to say something before they left did, do you know how many topics would have to be deleted due to spamming, insults, or the fact that they don't want to leave anymore? It would end up being a living nightmare.

Elfar wrote:
I agree. It only encourages people to leave the forum. Sometimes these are dedicated members sometimes.
How does "if your leaving, please tell us why" encourage people to leave?
And of course there are "dedicated" members that have posted there, and why? Because they were leaving and moving on, hence the purpose of the topic
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6559

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 1:52 pm

They may be in a state of anger, and without thinking see this. They decide that they should post right then. If it's there, they see it, perhaps it causing it to occur to them that they should leave. Without it,they may not even consider it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
oniongravy64
Owner
Owner
oniongravy64

UT points : 14122

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:53 pm

The reason the thread exists is because it should give us feedback on what needs improvement on the forums. Unfortunately, there will always be those people who feel they have to go out all guns blazing (yet ironically they're the ones running away). These people should be ignored. Other people however do not aid this cause as they too drop to the LCD by flaming the person who has flamed in the first place.

To sum up, leave the dumb shits alone and ignore their pathetic taunts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/oniongravy64
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread   Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion:Locking up the Official Goodbye Thread
Page 1 of 1