Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate my Physical Blastoise

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5893

Rate my Physical Blastoise Empty
PostSubject: Rate my Physical Blastoise   Rate my Physical Blastoise EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:46 am

So I was working on a UU team for shoddy and I needed one last physical guy (to even out the balance between special and physical) and I needed a spinner. So I looked up blastoise, checked its stats and saw that its base attack was only 2 points lower than its base special attack.

So I said, eh what the heck. For some reason I wanted to abide by item clause. Since I couldn't find anything, I had to settle for this.

Adamant Blastoise@Liechi Berry
252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 Def
-Rapid Spin
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Return

Turns out this set works really well. I mean really well. It's really easy to get it into liechi range (blastoise is pretty sturdy too; I've seen it take a SD boosted superpower from absol and get into liechi), and after that I just start launching off stab
tor rent aqua jets that usually do a lot of damage to anything that doesn't resist them. If you think about it... that's the equivalent of a CB scizor but with lower attack and a much better priority type. Once milotic is dead this thing can actually sweep a good part of my opponent's team, crazy as that sounds.

Anyways, any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Mistighost

Mistighost

UT points : 5306

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Physical Blastoise   Rate my Physical Blastoise EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:31 pm

I like it, but I would consider removing Aqua Tail or Waterfall for another move, sure the replacement move wouldn't get STAB or [censored (illegal)], but it would provide more type coverage, which isn't a bad thing. Blastoise can use things like Earthquake, Brick Break, etc, which might help it.

Though its your call, since I can see the argument not to use em.
Back to top Go down
relloz6

relloz6

UT points : 5459

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Physical Blastoise   Rate my Physical Blastoise EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:44 pm

I agree with the EQ but why not get rid of return? just a sugestion hope I helped Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7488

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Physical Blastoise   Rate my Physical Blastoise EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 5:31 pm

relloz6 wrote:
I agree with the EQ but why not get rid of return? just a sugestion hope I helped Very Happy

Because Water + Normal is only resisted by Empoleon. And since this dude is being used in UU only then Toxic to make this dude a staller, which he is really good at.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5654

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Physical Blastoise   Rate my Physical Blastoise EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 pm

Greene wrote:
relloz6 wrote:

Because Water + Normal is only resisted by Empoleon.

CORRECTION! Water + Normal is resisted by Empoleon, Shedinja, Giratina, and Dialga.

I absolutely had to point that out. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5893

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Physical Blastoise   Rate my Physical Blastoise EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 9:14 pm

ARandomBoy wrote:
Greene wrote:
relloz6 wrote:

CORRECTION! Water + Normal is resisted by Empoleon, Shedinja, Giratina, and Dialga.

Don't you mean "OBJECTION!"? lol

Anyways greene where would you suggest I slot in toxic?
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5654

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Physical Blastoise   Rate my Physical Blastoise EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Gastrotress wrote:
ARandomBoy wrote:
Greene wrote:
relloz6 wrote:

Don't you mean "OBJECTION!"? lol

Anyways greene where would you suggest I slot in toxic?

No, I mean 'correction'. I was not disagreeing with him; I was simply correcting him. Razz

But I shouldn't drift too far off topic. Wink
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7488

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Physical Blastoise   Rate my Physical Blastoise EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Shedinja resists too much so I just don't bother including him in my head, and I assume no one else does, after all, the majority of Pokemon are going to get walled up by Shedinja. But your point strengthens my argument as Toxic will deal with him.

And Gas, as the discussion was, ditch one of the water moves, preferably Waterfall for Toxic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate my Physical Blastoise   Rate my Physical Blastoise Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate my Physical Blastoise
Page 1 of 1