Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please rate this team.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
elite918

UT points : 5145

Please rate this team. Empty
PostSubject: Please rate this team.   Please rate this team. EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:11 am

Ok i did some improvements on this team and I would like to have some of your opinions on them. Please give me harsh and/or constructive criticism but none of that "this team sucks" crap. So far this team did well for me and hoping to win a few rounds in an upcoming tournament my school is holding. This was done with pokemon that I could get in soul silver (expect rampardos) so I didn't really had much to work with. After the tournament I'll take advantage of your suggestion after the tournament (this thursday).

Gengar (MAGIKARP) lol! @ Zoom Lens
Nature: Modest
EV: 252 SP A/ 6 SP. De./ 252 Speed
Will-o-wisp
Hypnosis
ThunderBolt
Shadow Ball

The idea I had with gengar being my lead was to put their lead to sleep then predicting the change use a wisp to burn the next pokemon hopefully a physical pokemon and then sweep for as long as I can.

Crobat (Ozzy) @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ev 172 A/ 86 SPD/ 252 Speed
U-Turn
Cross Poison
Toxic/Zen Headbutt
Pluck

This is my physical sweeper. It can OHkO an Infernape with pluck also if they so happen to have a berrt my Crobat can have some noms. Also if my opponent sends out a psychic pokemon I'll just U-turn out of there and sent out...

Houndoom (Cerberus) @ Focus Sash
Nature: Hardy
Flash Fire
Ev: 164 A/ 138 SPA/ 208 Speed
Crunch
Overheat
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot

My Houndoom will be immune to the psychic attack and will be force to switch out which will allow me to do two nasty plots unless they stay in just one. This is my mixed sweeper if I see a metagross or any other pokemon that would seem like a threat I can overheat once or twice safely without worrying about the Sp. Atk. loss.

Togekiss (Earl[couldn't think of any]) @ Leftover
Nature: Timid
Ev: 204 SPA/ 200 SPD/ 106 Speed
Wish
Thunder Wave
Tailwind
Aura Sphere

My special tank. Since most of my team is slow I was thinking to use a combination of T-Wave then use tailwind to boost the speed of my team for at least a little while. Which leads to...

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive
EV: 6 hp/ 252 A/ 252 Speed
Zen Headbutt
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Brick Break

With the combination of Tailwind and CS I was hoping to be fast enough to go first and seeing his Attack is soooo high he can take out anyone...kind of,

Forretress (I GO BOOM!) @ Occa Berry
Nature: Relaxed
Study
EV: 132 HP/ 126 A/ 252 D
Rapid Spin
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball

Just a standard physical wall. Occa berry for fire attacks

Last edited by elite918 on Sun May 02, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psyneko

UT points : 5650

PostSubject: Re: Please rate this team.   Please rate this team. EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:11 am

Good team but I'd have Brave Bird instead of Pluck on Crobat
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyneku
elite918

PostSubject: Re: Please rate this team.   Please rate this team. EmptySun May 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Rampargon wrote:
Good team but I'd have Brave Bird instead of Pluck on Crobat

Seriously I thought my team had more work to do than that. Thank you. The only reason Crobat doesn't have brave bird because I didn't feel like getting a Staraptor and breading them but I will change that eventually.
Back to top Go down
boris5000

boris5000

UT points : 6219

PostSubject: Re: Please rate this team.   Please rate this team. EmptySun May 02, 2010 2:35 pm

elite918 wrote:
Ok i did some improvements on this team and I would like to have some of your opinions on them. Please give me harsh and/or constructive criticism but none of that "this team sucks" crap. So far this team did well for me and hoping to win a few rounds in an upcoming tournament my school is holding. This was done with pokemon that I could get in soul silver (expect rampardos) so I didn't really had much to work with. After the tournament I'll take advantage of your suggestion after the tournament (this thursday).

Gengar (MAGIKARP) lol! @ Zoom Lens
Nature: Modest
EV: 252 SP A/4 HP / 252 Speed
Will-o-wisp
Hypnosis
ThunderBolt/HP Fighting
Shadow Ball

The idea I had with gengar being my lead was to put their lead to sleep then predicting the change use a wisp to burn the next pokemon hopefully a physical pokemon and then sweep for as long as I can.

Crobat (Ozzy) @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ev 172 A/ 86 SPD/ 252 Speed
U-Turn
Brave Bird
Toxic/Zen Headbutt
Roost

This is my physical sweeper. It can OHkO an Infernape with pluck also if they so happen to have a berrt my Crobat can have some noms. Also if my opponent sends out a psychic pokemon I'll just U-turn out of there and sent out...

Houndoom (Cerberus) @ Focus Sash
Nature: Hardy
Flash Fire
Ev: 164 A/ 138 SPA/ 208 Speed
Crunch
Overheat
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot

My Houndoom will be immune to the psychic attack and will be force to switch out which will allow me to do two nasty plots unless they stay in just one. This is my mixed sweeper if I see a metagross or any other pokemon that would seem like a threat I can overheat once or twice safely without worrying about the Sp. Atk. loss.

Togekiss (Earl[couldn't think of any]) @ Leftover
Nature: Timid
Ev: 204 SPA/ 200 SPD/ 106 Speed
Wish
Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Aura Sphere

My special tank. Since most of my team is slow I was thinking to use a combination of T-Wave then use tailwind to boost the speed of my team for at least a little while. Which leads to...

Rampardos (I GO BOOM!) @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
EV: 6 hp/ 252 A/ 252 Speed
Rock Polish
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Brick Break

With the combination of Tailwind and CS I was hoping to be fast enough to go first and seeing his Attack is soooo high he can take out anyone...kind of,

Forretress @ Occa Berry
Nature: Relaxed
Study
EV: 132 HP/ 126 A/ 252 D
Rapid Spin
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball

Just a standard physical wall. Occa berry for fire attacks

Changes in Bold

Changes in moves and natures are fairly logical, To keep rampardos with a speed boost and not being locked into it. Things being weak to psychic generally have a weakness to another type, bar a few pokemon that can truely wall it. With sash you are garunteed a 2x boost on your speed.
Back to top Go down
elite918

PostSubject: Re: Please rate this team.   Please rate this team. EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:42 pm

What if theirs an items clause any suggestion a mixed sweeper that can replace houndoom that's a lot more beefier
Back to top Go down
owned

UT points : 5213

PostSubject: Re: Please rate this team.   Please rate this team. EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:13 pm

elite918 wrote:
What if theirs an items clause any suggestion a mixed sweeper that can replace houndoom that's a lot more beefier
i would just make houndoom full special instead of mix since u have nasty plot, and change its nature
also, most people dont play by item clause so u should be fine
if u want a mix sweeper that''s more bulky try mix salamence
Back to top Go down
elite918

PostSubject: Re: Please rate this team.   Please rate this team. EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:24 pm

owned wrote:
elite918 wrote:
i would just make houndoom full special instead of mix since u have nasty plot, and change its nature

Thank you and everyone else thank you too I would've found a better nature for houndoom but it took so long to find a houndour plus the one I found so happen to have 31 iv in both attack and special attack. Is it true that if I use one of those ev training bracket that the iv would transfer over to the egg
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5726

PostSubject: Re: Please rate this team.   Please rate this team. EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:26 am

elite918 wrote:
owned wrote:
elite918 wrote:

Thank you and everyone else thank you too I would've found a better nature for houndoom but it took so long to find a houndour plus the one I found so happen to have 31 iv in both attack and special attack. Is it true that if I use one of those ev training bracket that the iv would transfer over to the egg

Iv transfer from bolth of the parents (you still have to be lucky to get iv you want Razz ) this think about holding power items making it more possible to get right IV... it works only in HG/SS you dont really need it for breeding but it is really helpfull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please rate this team.   Please rate this team. Empty

Back to top Go down

Please rate this team.
Page 1 of 1