Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windows 7 was my idea!

Go down 
+7
boris5000
ninjatreecko12
frynaut
Administrator
SoulSilverHeartGold
SloSerge
Beastof2000
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5881

Windows 7 was my idea! Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Anyhow I just got Windows 7! YAY! It's a little late but w.e. Windows Vista just lets things download in the background lol. Anyhow I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
SloSerge

SloSerge

UT points : 5367

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:02 pm

Come again? Didn't quite understand that Razz
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7103

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Well the commercial says Windows 7 was my idea kapish?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Administrator
Owner
Owner

UT points : 7420

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:10 pm

I love Windows 7.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Uutton
frynaut

frynaut

UT points : 5510

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:15 pm

I don't have a Windows laptop. Not anymore at least.. I gotta use this crumby school macintosh laptop to upload, and do other stuff...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/frynaut
ninjatreecko12

ninjatreecko12

UT points : 5592

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:17 pm

I have a Windows 7 desktop and a Vista laptop. I honestly like the Windows 7 MUCH better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tromboneandpokemon12
boris5000

boris5000

UT points : 6210

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:41 am

I'm still on XP... So, in your face.
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

ExSolstice

UT points : 5212

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:55 am

I still have Windows XP on my Dell Dimension 2350. 7 Years and this thing still manages to run. It's nothing short of amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7103

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:12 pm

ExSolstice wrote:
I still have Windows XP on my Dell Dimension 2350. 7 Years and this thing still manages to run. It's nothing short of amazing.

You can update it you know google it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Administrator
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:22 pm

Windows 7 is seriously my favorite operating system to date. I absolutely love it. I've only had ONE glitch where I could not turn the volume down, and after a simple restart, it was gone. That's back months ago anyway.

It is by far the most stable + compatible Windows OS yet. Tops Apple completely.
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6261

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:49 pm

Uutton wrote:
Windows 7 is seriously my favorite operating system to date. I absolutely love it. I've only had ONE glitch where I could not turn the volume down, and after a simple restart, it was gone. That's back months ago anyway.

It is by far the most stable + compatible Windows OS yet. Tops Apple completely.
Thats a bit of an overstatement. For media creation, Apple beats Microsoft by a long shot. For more...formal stuff, like office jobs and other, the yes, Windows beats Apple. The gaming point is not that much in favor of Microsoft anymore, due to Steam being in Macs now too
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:05 pm

L wrote:
Thats a bit of an overstatement. For media creation, Apple beats Microsoft by a long shot. For more...formal stuff, like office jobs and other, the yes, Windows beats Apple. The gaming point is not that much in favor of Microsoft anymore, due to Steam being in Macs now too

First off, saying that media creation is in Apple's favor is a complete matter of preference. The same software is offered to both platforms, and neither has an exclusive editor that is way on top. As an example, have you seen some of the CSS fragmovies out there? They were all edited on PCs.

Second, you are correct about office jobs. Windows has always and will always be on top. Even if the PCs themselves are not, the company will most likely be using Microsoft software (Office).

Third, that is not true at all. PCs are still completely on top when it comes to gaming. Have you seen how many games are actually for the Mac? Its somewhere around 1/10 games on Steam, if not a higher denominator. Macs are nowhere near gaming PCs. That's completely unbiased, check out Steam for yourself.

Not only the actual game aspect, but their specs. Newer Macs can probably handle some hardcore games, but not nearly the majority. Building your own gaming machine is cheaper and way better than buying a "gaming" Mac.
Back to top Go down
GaiaAero
Junior Moderator
Junior Moderator

UT points : 6386

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Uutton wrote:
L wrote:

First off, saying that media creation is in Apple's favor is a complete matter of preference. The same software is offered to both platforms, and neither has an exclusive editor that is way on top. As an example, have you seen some of the CSS fragmovies out there? They were all edited on PCs.

Second, you are correct about office jobs. Windows has always and will always be on top. Even if the PCs themselves are not, the company will most likely be using Microsoft software (Office).

Third, that is not true at all. PCs are still completely on top when it comes to gaming. Have you seen how many games are actually for the Mac? Its somewhere around 1/10 games on Steam, if not a higher denominator. Macs are nowhere near gaming PCs. That's completely unbiased, check out Steam for yourself.

Not only the actual game aspect, but their specs. Newer Macs can probably handle some hardcore games, but not nearly the majority. Building your own gaming machine is cheaper and way better than buying a "gaming" Mac.

you do realize that Steam was JUST ported over for the Mac?
they're not going to be able to port over all the Steam games in the blink of an eye
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:27 pm

Yeah, but I think that it's safe to say that many developers aren't going to port their games over to Mac.

To L: You can't say that gaming is not in Microsoft's favor because they have some Steam games available on Macs. You also need to consider what I said about Mac's specs. They are not currently up to par when it comes to some really hardcore games like MW2 (which isn't even available on Mac) and even games like CSS. Turn that up to a high resolution and there's no doubt it would drop frames.

And I didn't just make this up. I've seen Mac users do demonstrations with Steam games. Many of them complained that they were dropping frames while either recording or just playing.
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6261

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:35 pm

Uutton wrote:
Yeah, but I think that it's safe to say that many developers aren't going to port their games over to Mac.

To L: You can't say that gaming is not in Microsoft's favor because they have some Steam games available on Macs. You also need to consider what I said about Mac's specs. They are not currently up to par when it comes to some really hardcore games like MW2 (which isn't even available on Mac) and even games like CSS. Turn that up to a high resolution and there's no doubt it would drop frames.

And I didn't just make this up. I've seen Mac users do demonstrations with Steam games. Many of them complained that they were dropping frames while either recording or just playing.
First of all, I said its not THAT much, eventually Mac will pick up. And you cant really consider a game in which literally noobs are given every tool to kick *** hardcore(marathon/lightweight/commando and One Man Army/Danger Close/any +noobtubes ftw
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:38 pm

I'm assuming the MW2 thing was a joke, as I completely understand and I know what you mean. While that's true, the game is graphically intensive.

I know what you mean, but by the time Mac picks up the slack, PCs will be at a whole new level. Only time will tell though...
Back to top Go down
GaiaAero
Junior Moderator
Junior Moderator

UT points : 6386

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:39 pm

Uutton wrote:

did you really call mw2 a hardcore game? there's a reason many competitive players have gone back to CoD4
again, you bring up gaming as a main winning factor for Windows. Not everybody is a hardcore gamer like you are.
and let's but it this way, in the right hands, it's virtually impossible for a mac to get a virus and it's the same for a windows too.
however, its likely that an idiot or happy time addict will find himself with a virus on his computer.
none of them is better than the other. let's just end it like that
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:44 pm

When I said hardcore, I meant that in terms of graphics and stress on the computer itself. I know the flaws of MW2, so use CoD4 as an example. Hell, Just Cause 2 is probably more intense (stress-wise) than MW2 and CoD4 put together.

The fact is Gaia, gaming is a winning factor of Windows. That is what I'm trying to get across. You know what I'm talking about dude, you have a gaming PC yourself. I appreciate you trying to settle the tension here, but PCs win over Macs when it comes to gaming (and many other things which I've already explained, and others I don't feel like explaining).

However, I completely agree with you on the virus thing. I have never had a virus on this PC. I did on my laptop because I was an idiot... yeeeeah...
Back to top Go down
ExSolstice

ExSolstice

UT points : 5212

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:45 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
ExSolstice wrote:

You can update it you know google it.

I know how I have years of computer repair experience but there's a problem. My mother board doesn't have an AGP port, and it can only handle 1gig of ram. What's the point of upgrading it? Im taking my friends old computer that I can upgrade and using it, since she's getting a new one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ExSolstice
Glorious Illusion

Glorious Illusion

UT points : 5162

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:44 pm

I'm not really amused by Windows 7.
But that's just my opinion.

Have fun with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 was my idea!   Windows 7 was my idea! Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 was my idea!
Page 1 of 1