Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)

Go down 
+5
SoulSilverHeartGold
RadioactiveRaichu
akaFilanachi
Momo
dragonmxz
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5993

Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) Empty
PostSubject: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) Logo11
Ok, after seeing the Smogon Premier League but being too late to join it ( and for that matter, not skilled enough either) we decided to host our own, but not with all the incredible powerful players but with all the ones from youtube and clans and forums. This may turn into a annual thing if their is enough support. Please note that if you wish to join you MUST make a account here. However, that is very easy and shouldn't deter you from joining. We hope you join this tourney!

Note: certain details are subject to change

Disclaimer: Most of this was written up by Shiv of the smogon forums. I do not claim credit for anyting that is not my idea.

In the UPL, 10 teams consisting of the best players we have today participate in a league type tournament which lasts for a duration of 9 weeks. After that, the top 4 teams enter a knockout stage, with the winners becoming the champion of that season.

Each team has to consist of a minimum of 10 players, going up to any number they wish (there are some limitations here, which I'll talk about later).

Over the course of the tournament, teams face each other in head to head matches with 8 players per side who 'play' in the matches. Each pairing will have the following matches:

DPP OU 1:
DPP OU 2:
DPP OU 3:
DPP OU 4:
DPP UU 1:
DPP UU 2:
DPP Ubers 1:
DPP Ubers 2:

Each week, the team manager will mail the hosts (in this case, akafilanchi and myself) the team they are playing that week. If you know someone will be busy and/or unable to finish their battle that week, you have substitutions you can make. There are no caps on subs so players can move around in various roles as the manager sees fit.

Before I explain how the points system works or how a team goes about qualifying for the semi's, I'll take you through how exactly these teams are going to be formed.

Managers

Managers are one of the most important parts of a team. We'll be posting a manager signup thread in a few days, if you want to be a manager, apply then, not in this thread. Managers however, will be handpicked by us as we're only willing to let people who we know will put in the time and the effort into this manage the game.

Managers can now play for teams at a cost to their credits!

Managers are the people who in essence run the teams. They decide who plays on it, who plays what position and even handles the team finances (yes, finances, keep reading!).

Managers also makes sure the team keeps running on a day to day basis. If a team fails to complete their matches by the end of the allotted time, the onus is on the manager to inform as to why this happened.

The most important thing they do is actually signing the players which is done using the following system:

The Auction

Once we've picked the 10 managers for this season, we shall open up a signup thread where people can sign up for playing in the league. A signup post should look like this:

Quote:
Name: dragonmxz
Roles: DPP OU, DPP UU
Timezone: PDT

It must contain all three of those fields. Once the signup thread has been running for about a week or so, we'll close new entries and create a list of freelance players.

At this point, each manager will receive 100,000 credits as initial capital for their team. Using these credits, managers can bid on players in order to "sign" them for the current season. There is a minimum bid of 3,000 on a player. However, there is no maximum cap, so make sure you don't overbid on a player. There is also a minimum raise of 500 credits per bid to prevent people from wasting time increasing bids by 1 credit.

Players go to the highest bidder, personal preferences aren't taken into account here. That is, if Player A wants to play for Manager B but Manager C bids 10,000 credits, Manager B will have to put up the money to sign Player A. This is to make sure that the process is as fair as possible and players don't sign with friends for very cheap.

In addition, mid-season transfers will be allowed. There will be a week in between where managers could trade players however they wish. However, players will be paid the "amount" that was bid on them in the initial auction itself. In addition, new players could join at this stage as well, following a similar bidding system to decide who gets them.

Do remember though, you only get 100,000 at the start of the season. You don't get more for the mid-season window so a manager could decide to go all out at the start or instead decide to save some for the mid-season period.

Any credits left over will be carried over to the next season of the UPL(Assuming their is one). At the beginning of each season, each team as the option of retaining their players at the cost of 25% of their salary. That is, if I signed Jackal for 10,000 in season 1, I'll be paying 12,500 for him in season 2 otherwise he'll become a free agent. The rest of the players (and new signups of course) will become free agents and another auction round will occur.

Bidding shall last as long as it takes for all the managers to spend all their credits, which should be in about a week.

An example of bidding would be as follows:

At first there is just a list of players. Mangers will post their bid's on what players they want for various amounts.

FREELANCE OU

1. Ou player
2. hey, more OU
3. I likez Ou
4. Lady OU
5. Free OU
6. Ouness
7. Ou rocks
8. SlyOU
9. yankeesOU
10. hankOU

So let's say that there has been a single day's worth of bidding, the thread will be updated as often as possible so that manager's know exactly how much the current high bid is. (the original poster should be someone who is active fairly regularly throughout the day) The list may look something like this:

FREELANCE OU

1. OU player - Current High Bid: BLUE TEAM - 8000 CREDITS
2. hey, more OU - Current High Bid: GREEN TEAM - 7000 CREDITS
3. I likez OU - Current High Bid: PURPLE TEAM - 4000 CREDITS
4. Lady OU - Current High Bid: BLUE TEAM - 22,500 CREDITS
5. Free OU
6. Ouness - Current High Bid: PURPLE TEAM - 20,000 CREDITS
7. Ou rocks - Current High Bid: RED TEAM - 10,000 CREDITS
8. SlyOU
9. yankeesOU - Current High Bid: GREEN TEAM - 12,500 CREDITS
10. hankOU - Current High Bid: RED TEAM - 5500 CREDITS

Now let's say that Purple team PMs me with "bid 6000 on hankOU", I would update the list like so.

FREELANCE OU

1. OU player - Current High Bid: BLUE TEAM - 8000 CREDITS
2. hey, more OU - Current High Bid: GREEN TEAM - 7000 CREDITS
3. I likez OU- Current High Bid: PURPLE TEAM - 4000 CREDITS
4. Lady OU - Current High Bid: BLUE TEAM - 22,500 CREDITS
5. Free OU
6. Ouness - Current High Bid: PURPLE TEAM - 20,000 CREDITS
7. OU rocks - Current High Bid: RED TEAM - 10,000 CREDITS
8. SlyOU
9. yankeesOU - Current High Bid: GREEN TEAM - 12,500 CREDITS
10. hankOU - Current High Bid: PURPLE TEAM - 6000 CREDITS

And thus if bidding were to end right there, purple team would own hanke.

Format

As mentioned before, teams will take on each other in head to head matches. Each team will face all the others once in the league stages. In each matchup, 8 players play in a variety of styles, these are:

DPP OU 1:
DPP OU 2:
DPP OU 3:
DPP OU 4:
DPP UU 1:
DPP UU 2:
DPP Ubers 1:
DPP Ubers 2:

In the league stages, beating another team gives you 3 points, drawing the match (4 wins vs 4 wins) gives you 1 point and losing it gives you nothing. In addition, the manner in which you win will also be stored, that is, how many you won vs how many you lost. This difference will be used in case of a tie at the end of the league stage.

In case of a 4-4 tie in the semi finals or finals, teams will compete in a series of 3 tiebreakers: one in DP OU, one in DP UU, and one in DP Ubers.

A sample league standings table would look like this:

Schedule

Week 1: Manager Signups - Manager Selection
Week 2: Player Signups
Week 3: Auction
Week 4: Break (Extra time for Auction, time for managers to get everything in order)
Week 5 - 14: League Stages
Week 15: Semi Finals
Week 16: Finals

Rewards

Right now, the satisfaction of knowing that your team is number 1 out of them all!

A few things to note...

Do remember that this is not a signup thread though if you've read so far and not understood that yet, I doubt this will help. However, you can feel free to comment and tell us how amazing the idea is or alternatively, how this is the dumbest thing you've ever heard off and I should go jump off a cliff for doing this.

Here is the link to sign up as a player. Please play!
https://uuttitan.forumotion.com/pokemon-wi-fi-leagues-f50/uuttitan-premier-league-player-sign-ups-t7008.htm

In addition, feel free to contact either akafilanchi or myself about any questions you may have about the UPL.

Please comment on what you all think of this.

That said, I'm really excited for this and hopefully its a blast!

Last edited by dragonmxz on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:56 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : This cannot be official as no administrator agreed to it. Name piggybacking is only allowed when the "unofficial" emblem is also used. (Oniongravy64))
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6610

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:56 pm

can we use shoddy
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:41 pm

yes, though its preferred to have as many ways to play as possible. if you want, i can pokesav for you if you have a DS game.
Back to top Go down
akaFilanachi

akaFilanachi

UT points : 5350

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 7:24 am

I think DS would be the best way, but shoddy can be used as a back up encase some players can't use wi-fi.
Back to top Go down
RadioactiveRaichu

RadioactiveRaichu

UT points : 5577

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:07 am

Sounds very fun. Wish I could join tho but i dont know if i can considering I dont have wifi for my ds. Just PBR. Would i still be able to play?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioactiveRaichu
akaFilanachi

akaFilanachi

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 am

If your opponent has PBR. What about Shoddy or Pokemon Online?
Back to top Go down
RadioactiveRaichu

RadioactiveRaichu

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:27 am

akaFilanachi wrote:
If your opponent has PBR. What about Shoddy or Pokemon Online?

I can try and download shoddy. My parents might not let me but ill try. But if I do thatll be the only way I could battle then. Im thinking about just becoming a manager. That could be fun too.
Back to top Go down
akaFilanachi

akaFilanachi

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 4:38 pm

My topic about this got closed on another forum because of advertising >.>
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7105

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:35 pm

I don't get it and I read it (so gir don't say that I didn't).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:42 pm

ok, ok, i see that their are some problems.... SO now we are going for 4 teams, with as many players for each team as we can get, and then ocassionally the teams will have battles and such. we already have 2 possivle managers, so as soon as we get four we will stary player sign ups, and then after that this whole league can just grow over time, you know? what do you think?
Back to top Go down
akaFilanachi

akaFilanachi

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:00 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
ok, ok, i see that their are some problems.... SO now we are going for 4 teams, with as many players for each team as we can get, and then ocassionally the teams will have battles and such. we already have 2 possivle managers, so as soon as we get four we will stary player sign ups, and then after that this whole league can just grow over time, you know? what do you think?

This would be better since we can't really hope to make it a huge thing right of the bat. Only thing is, four teams seems kind of small.
Back to top Go down
RadioactiveRaichu

RadioactiveRaichu

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 6:58 am

True four teams does seem pretty small. And I say you shouldnt extend the teams but instead hold off and see if the extra people will be enough for another team. If not then extend the teams.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 4:27 pm

thanks for the input. we might not expand straight away but if any new mangers want to join they can.

Oh yes, and aka made a banner. Here it is. I like it but if anyone else wants to take a shot at making one they can. For now however we will stick with this.
Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) Logo11" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:51 pm

MANAGERS: Please PM me your team name so that we can start player sign ups!
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6610

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:58 am

dragonmxz wrote:
yes, though its preferred to have as many ways to play as possible. if you want, i can pokesav for you if you have a DS game.
i kinda lost ss facepalm
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

UT points : 5366

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Just a question, as I didn't see anything about this, how long will you have to wait for you to get a player. For example, if I place 5,000 credits on Elfar, and no one else bids, how long until Elfar is drafted onto my team?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/satisuicune
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5988

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:39 pm

Do you have to use one Pokemon team for each tier you've signed up for, or can you use multiple teams?
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:50 pm

multiple is fine as you can't be using the same team every time.
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Uhh.... how much points do we get?
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:54 pm

considering we will have less players...maybe 75000
Back to top Go down
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6097

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:07 am

I was wondeing if i could get one more player than the rest of the teams? Because the whole reason i signed up as manager is because i didn't want to battle...
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Oh because we have 6 teams and 5 people for ubers should we take out a team for ubers?
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

UT points : 5366

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:17 pm

I was thinking 1 ubers match, 2 UU matches, and 4 OU matches...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/satisuicune
Skypirate

Skypirate

UT points : 5104

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Maybe teams should be allowed a certain number of people who can battle twice? That solves the problem of there not being enough people, and then Darkhunter101 won't have to battle either. Also I'm guessing teams will have to draft one of their players in as an Uber player if they don't have any specialist ubers players.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:53 pm

Actually Skypirate, I have done calcs earlier and figure we can have EXACTLY 6 teams of 4. So, figuring that i think we will have 5 matches, 2 OU, 2 UU, and 1 uber so that the person who plays twice can switch off every wekk with another teamate. I still have to confirm with aka but thats what im going for, and if 6 more people sign up, then so much the better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)   Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial) Empty

Back to top Go down

Uuttitan Premier League! Rules and Introuduction (unofficial)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Wi-Fi Leagues-
Jump to: