Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)

Go down 
+3
RadioactiveRaichu
Darkhunter101
dragonmxz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5995

Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) Logo11

NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE PLAYER SIGN UP THREAD.

ONLY POST SIGNING UP IF YOU WISH TO MANAGE.

Also, Sign ups are temorairliy closed until next season. If you still want to manage then ask one of the managers if you can co manage.

Disclaimer: Once again, this was written up by LonelyNess of the Smogon forums. I do not take credit for any ideas that arent mine.

Managerial Information

Managers are one of the most important parts of a team. If you want to be a manager, apply in this thread. Managers however, will be handpicked by myself and akafilanchi as we're only willing to let people who we know will put in the time and the effort into this manage the game.

This is a very time intensive position and should not be taken lightly.

Another thing to note is that managers cannot actually play for a team, so if you want to actually play in the tournament, you can't be a manager.

Managers are the people who in essence run the teams. They decide who plays on it, who plays what position and even handles the team finances.

Managers also makes sure the team keeps running on a day to day basis. This means arranging battles, prodding players, and anything else you can think of. If a team fails to complete their matches by the end of the allotted time, the onus is on the manager to inform as to why this happened.

The most important thing they do is actually signing the players, which means having a good working knowledge of who the best players are in certain areas.

If you're looking for a way to participate in UPL without having to do a lot of work, then sadly, this isn't the position for you.

Lastly, managers will be allowed to hire upto 3 people as part of their managerial "team". Now, this serves multiple purposes:

1. Most importantly, it makes sure that there is never inactivity from a manager. If a manager goes inactive, one of his team will step up and fulfill his responsibilities.
2. It also gives a manager a few people to discuss strategies with, which makes it all the more interesting.
3. It involves more people into the tournament!

Now, if you are applying for a manager spot and have a friend who is applying for one as well, you may consider working together like this instead. Its just an optional thing, but I recommend people applying in a group of 2-3 so that more groups of people get an opportunity to manage.

Do note that nobody on the "managerial team" can participate in the tournament as a player.

Last edited by dragonmxz on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6099

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:26 am

I would like to sign up as a manager. But honestly i don't think enough people will sign up to this even to have three teams =/ I also don't think anyone else will sign up as a manager if they don't get to battle.
I'll also make the banner for whichever team i run ^.^
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:36 am

eh well your 1 and i will try to get as many people to sign on to this tournament as possible. Already sent requests to gigatitan, Thekillernacho,Xenon,and Lueroi to advertise for it. Soon i will be posting on my other forums as well. thanks for volunteering.
Back to top Go down
RadioactiveRaichu

RadioactiveRaichu

UT points : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:11 am

If im not able to play because of not have wifi for my ds ill happily become a manager. Sounds like fun to have a chance to manage the best team of UPL. Very Happy

EDIT: Actually. Just go ahead and consider me for a manager. I think that might be more fun than actually battling.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioactiveRaichu
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:59 pm

I'll sign up for this as well, so now we only need one more person since i changed it to a" league that grows over time" thing.

Edit: made my lame looking banner. YAY.
Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) LiXG9
Comon, just one more person!

Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7107

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 2:10 pm

I guess I will sign up for manager... but I don't understand this short of.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 2:17 pm

well, basically, you make a team and recruit people for your team via bidding. then your team using there respective roles, fight aginst other members of other teams. Get it? by the way managers, PM me your team names and banners if you have them.
Back to top Go down
RadioactiveRaichu

RadioactiveRaichu

UT points : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:13 am

I Sent you my team name and banner. Im looking forward to this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioactiveRaichu
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6612

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:48 pm

ill make a deal with ill be a manager if i can play for my team
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:53 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
well, basically, you make a team and recruit people for your team via bidding. then your team using there respective roles, fight aginst other members of other teams. Get it? by the way managers, PM me your team names and banners if you have them.

I don't have a banner... and what do you bid?
Back to top Go down
akaFilanachi

akaFilanachi

UT points : 5352

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:33 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
dragonmxz wrote:

I don't have a banner... and what do you bid?

Each manager is given a certain amount of money and you bid on players with that.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:46 pm

well for banners there are two easy peasy free ways to make one.
Here are the links to the site.
http://mybannermaker.com/
http://puresilvabannermaker.com/
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6612

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) Team_n10
heres my banner
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

UT points : 5368

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:47 am

Few things I'd like to suggest, giving less credits, since I don't think people will bid enough to use up all 100,000 credits, lower it down to 50,000 at most, and also make there only be 1 Ubers player in a matchup per team since there aren't to many Ubers players out there, and if possibly, make only 3 OU players, otherwise there wouldn't be enough spots for managers to make a team.

Also,I'd be glad to sign-up as a manager only if I can play for my team, otherwise I don't want to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/satisuicune
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:03 pm

Here's my banner Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) Untitled
Back to top Go down
akaFilanachi

akaFilanachi

UT points : 5352

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:05 pm

We've decided that managers will get to play for their teams. With that in mind, our manager count is up to 6. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

UT points : 5368

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:45 pm

akaFilanachi wrote:
We've decided that managers will get to play for their teams. With that in mind, our manager count is up to 6. Very Happy
Cool, I'll definitely try out as a manager, I guess. I should make a banner and make the name right now correct?

Anyone want to become a management partner with me for UPL? PM me for offers. Very Happy

Last edited by satisuicune on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/satisuicune
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:50 pm

satisuicune wrote:
akaFilanachi wrote:
Cool, I'll definitely try out as a manager, I guess. I should make a banner and make the name right now correct?

Correct.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Manger sign ups are closed. However, as satisuicune suggested, we may lower the amount of credits a good deal and im thinking that we should change the amount of matches per tier, so that we require less people to enter. Thanks for the suggestion!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)   Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Uuttitan Premier League - Manager Sign Ups (Closed)
Page 1 of 1