Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Latest Sandstorm Team

Go down 
+4
SoulSilverHeartGold
Gir
multirider049
Temius
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5608

My Latest Sandstorm Team Empty
PostSubject: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 pm

I have tryed a lot of versions of this team, and I am having troubles. Could you give me some advice?
Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
A very traditional lead. I prefer this to Azelf just for the ridiculous speed.

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: [censored (illegal)]
EVs: 24 Def / 232 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Agility
- Surf
- Ice Beam
A SubPetaya empoleon. I sub when I get the chance and use agility to speed up. I'm thinking of switching out ice beam for something else. any suggestions?

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
My sandstormer. Choice scarfed so it can outspeed some gengar as well as Lucario's and OHKO them.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
Immune to ground, so pairs well with T-Tar. Energy ball used to take out ground and water-types, who can really hurt my team

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Illuminate
EVs: 136 HP / 216 Spd / 156 SDef
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
My rapid-spinner and part special wall. Can absorb water attacks like a beast and retaliate with absurd speed and T-Bolt

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Payback
- Protect
A makeshift special wall. Also immune to ground. Payback can really hurt certain pokes, but I think I'm gonna replace it with gyro ball
Back to top Go down
multirider049

multirider049

UT points : 6119

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Temius wrote:
I have tryed a lot of versions of this team, and I am having troubles. Could you give me some advice?
Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rock Head
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
A very traditional lead. I prefer this to Azelf just for the ridiculous speed.

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: [censored (illegal)]
EVs: 24 Def / 232 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Agility
- Surf
- Ice Beam
A SubPetaya empoleon. I sub when I get the chance and use agility to speed up. I'm thinking of switching out ice beam for something else. any suggestions?

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
My sandstormer. Choice scarfed so it can outspeed some gengar as well as Lucario's and OHKO them.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
Immune to ground, so pairs well with T-Tar. Energy ball used to take out ground and water-types, who can really hurt my team

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Illuminate
EVs: 136 HP / 216 Spd / 156 SDef
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
My rapid-spinner and part special wall. Can absorb water attacks like a beast and retaliate with absurd speed and T-Bolt

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Payback
- Protect
A makeshift special wall. Also immune to ground. Payback can really hurt certain pokes, but I think I'm gonna replace it with gyro ball

Why is starmie illuminate? thats just not logical at all. Zong with hp ice why? mence is banned to ubers and it beats ddnite already. Why payback? gyro ball and payback does about the same damage cept one is stabbed. Get on your game

Mix wall starmie isnt gonna work either. sadly. its just a stupid idea overall imo.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:01 pm

I already said I was switching out payback, I accidentally exported it before changing the natures, and HP Ice is for ground types and dragonite. Don't be a jerk
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6268

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Temius wrote:
I already said I was switching out payback, I accidentally exported it before changing the natures, and HP Ice is for ground types and dragonite. Don't be a jerk
He is not being a jerk, he is beong honest, your team suck bad time
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:13 pm

I welcome any suggestions
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7110

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:34 pm

This section is for constructive criticism so he is not a jerk. Listen to multi he is one of the best battlers around...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Saying: "get on your game" and "it's just a stupid idea" is not constructive. If anyone has any REAL suggestions, I would appreciate it
Back to top Go down
TDiamond

UT points : 5025

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:16 pm

You're probably going to hate me for saying this, but I would scrap this while team. Sandstorm teams are very gimmicky. However they can still be very good as well. In order for them to be good, though you generally have to be an experienced battler who knows how to work with what they are given. Judging by what I have seen you post on the site, I would say that you don't fit that criteria. This is reenfoced by the Pokemon you chose and how you chose to use them. I would suggest you familarize yourself more with Pokemon that can be used in a Sandstorm team and then figure out how they work out together in a Sandstorm team. All in all you just don't seem to have enough experience with the Pokemon you are using (or perhaps just Pokemon in general), based on what I have seen.
Sorry if you get angry at this.
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5772

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:30 pm

TDiamond wrote:
You're probably going to hate me for saying this, but I would scrap this while team. Sandstorm teams are very gimmicky. However they can still be very good as well. In order for them to be good, though you generally have to be an experienced battler who knows how to work with what they are given. Judging by what I have seen you post on the site, I would say that you don't fit that criteria. This is reenfoced by the Pokemon you chose and how you chose to use them. I would suggest you familarize yourself more with Pokemon that can be used in a Sandstorm team and then figure out how they work out together in a Sandstorm team. All in all you just don't seem to have enough experience with the Pokemon you are using (or perhaps just Pokemon in general), based on what I have seen.
Sorry if you get angry at this.
Sandstorm teams require lots of experience to pull off? I wouldn't say that, one of my first teams was sandstorm, like 2 years ago when i first got into competitive battling. If he's a beginner then there is no point for aggressive insults, seriously, I get my butt kicked when I start and learned to get better purely from experience, I never used smogon for good sets i simply made them on my own, don't get so flared up over game Razz .
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5772

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:59 pm

As for advice: Starmie is not special wall material for a sandstorm-try gastrodon. It's storm drain ability will usefull for doubles and moves like stockpile counter/mirror coat will assist it for deflecting, or quagsire with water adsorb may be a better option, or cradily with sandstorm boosting it's sp.def. Instead of gengar, I'd say skarmory or gliscor to set up rocks and maybe tailwind once they're lured into taunt to sweep, maybe replace bronzong, but if you don't, give him explosion. Don't let Gir get to you, i don't think he's said one nice thing for the time I've been on here Razz , hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:05 am

I'm scrapping this team everyone. I made it in like 5 minutes, and I realize that I didn't really think it through. Thank you to all who gave me CONSTRUCTIVE advice
Back to top Go down
multirider049

multirider049

UT points : 6119

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Temius wrote:
Saying: "get on your game" and "it's just a stupid idea" is not constructive. If anyone has any REAL suggestions, I would appreciate it

It is constructive it means open your eyes and look at your faults learn from what im telling you and realize what sshg said is true. You have minimum experience. Get some exp before you make a ss team. Its even harder to make in doubles. :/
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:47 pm

it's not constructive at all. you were wrong about 2/3 of what you said and you were rude on top of that. I am perfectly capable of making a sandstorm team, this one was made in like 3 minutes. If you had read my latest post you would've seen that I am scrapping this team. So just move on and calm down
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6567

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Temius wrote:
it's not constructive at all. you were wrong about 2/3 of what you said and you were rude on top of that. I am perfectly capable of making a sandstorm team, this one was made in like 3 minutes. If you had read my latest post you would've seen that I am scrapping this team. So just move on and calm down
he was not wrong
dude
u think ur perfect
multi's right
u make me remember one of the reasons i quit this place
Random noobs WHO CANT listen to other people's advice without complaining and calling them a jerk. Deal with it and move on. Geez.
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5703

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
Temius wrote:
he was not wrong
dude
u think ur perfect
multi's right
u make me remember one of the reasons i quit this place
Random noobs WHO CANT listen to other people's advice without complaining and calling them a jerk. Deal with it and move on. Geez.
Raven chill man that was uncalled for. I don't usually call out respected members but ATLEAST show a LITTLE respect for others even if you aren't too fond of them. I can see how he thought multi wasn't being constructive and while I don't particularly agree with him thinking multi was being that way, multi did come off a little arrogant. Right now we need to stick together as a community and not drive away members because we've already driven away enough members in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Sandstorm Team   My Latest Sandstorm Team Empty

Back to top Go down

My Latest Sandstorm Team
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Strategy-
Jump to: