Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Electivire Team

Go down 
+3
Momo
Evil
Temius
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5612

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:29 pm

This is just me playing around and wanting to use Electivire. See what you think

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
My lead Gliscor. Can set up rocks on slower leads, and taunt pokes like bronzong and uxie. Counters Lucario and prevents recovery with Taunt.

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Stone Edge
My primary water sweeper. Can take out most Heatran, unless they are choice scarf and running HP Electric. Also lures in electric moves for electivire to switch in on, as well as being immune to ground type moves, a big problem for some of my other pokes.

Electivire (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SAtk / 216 Spe
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Cross Chop
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt
Switches in on predicted electric move, and proceeds to deal heavy damage. Hits 13 out of the 17 pokemon types with super-effective damage, hence the expert belt.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 4 Spd / 36 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
The undisputed best special wall in the game. Partners well with Gliscor and can take really nice hits. I have T-Wave to severly hurt the physical attackers trying to switch in on Blissey, primarily T-Tar, who is usually running choice scarf and will be rendered nearly useless by t-wave.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Ice Beam
Immune to water-type attacks, a major weakness of my team. Also takes ice-type attacks and can stop pokes like flygon and gliscor from severly harming my heatran and electivire.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Dragon Pulse
My revenge-ish killer. Can take out Lucarios with ease. Partners well with Gliscor and Gyarados. I kinda want to switch him out for someone else, but scizor could do some good damage to my team otherwise
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:25 pm

I'd really like some suggestions
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7655

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:34 pm

It needs more originality, so people here will whine less about how these are copy and pasted of smogon, and replace them with movesets, that are completely situational.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:42 pm

I have made very clear on my opinion of smogon sets. I'd like suggestions aboutwhich sets/ pkemon to use
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6619

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Electivire id the worst electric type in OU dont use it
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5776

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Momo wrote:
D:< what?
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Pialga93 wrote:
Momo wrote:
Its not good
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Momo wrote:
Pialga93 wrote:
Momo wrote:
Its not good
he has one of the best abilities and one awesome movepool.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Pialga93 wrote:
Momo wrote:
Pialga93 wrote:
Momo wrote:
Its not good
he has one of the best abilities and one awesome movepool.
Im sorry did you just say awesome movepool
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:27 pm

can u explain, momo?
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Awful movepool can easily be killed etc.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7722

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Personally, I think Electivire has had a bandwagon effect. A few people did not have success with him, then other people hopped on and considered people who use him to be n00bs... Considering all of this, people are very unprepared for him and to be honest he can be very effective in the right hands. His move pool is actually quite good, too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Pialga93

Pialga93

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:33 pm

Momo wrote:
Most electric are easily killed. Electivire has the elemental punches, a variety of fighting moves, EQ and Psychic, etc.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Pialga93 wrote:
Momo wrote:
Most electric are easily killed. Electivire has the elemental punches, a variety of fighting moves, EQ and Psychic, etc.
And is gonna did from any thing with eq
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Momo wrote:
Pialga93 wrote:
Momo wrote:
so will other electric types.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Pialga93 wrote:
Momo wrote:
Pialga93 wrote:
Momo wrote:
so will other electric types.
Switching out
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:39 pm

actually, it won't. All you are saying is that it is electric type. Electivire has a beast movepool, and even pokemon like Jolteon, which is supposedly "really godd" can't take EQ's. That's not the point of electivire. You shouldn't be taking hits if you are using him
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6571

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Temius wrote:
actually, it won't. All you are saying is that it is electric type. Electivire has a beast movepool, and even pokemon like Jolteon, which is supposedly "really godd" can't take EQ's. That's not the point of electivire. You shouldn't be taking hits if you are using him
e-vire sux b/c it's slow as dirt. Sure a motor drive can fix it, but u actually have to predict correctly. Not to mention with e-vire's sucky defense, it'll get owned by most of the physical attacks in ou. Scarf pokes still outspeed e-vire after motor drive, so it's easy to beat. Especially flygon, which outspeeds with scarf and ohkoes with eq, and can come in safely on an electric move.
And evil, who cares what the people on here think about your originality. Smogon sets work, they're there for ur use, if people dont like them, well too bad for them. They can make their own sets if they want to, I for one make my own sets and use smogon sets in the same team.
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:19 pm

impressive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:57 pm

do ou think it would be possible to get some actual helpful input?
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Temius wrote:
do ou think it would be possible to get some actual helpful input?

yep, get rid of evire
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5210

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:28 pm

The reason why Electivire still exists is that it complements Gyarados as in that it can switch into Jolteons or anything that proves to be of a threat to Gyarados, neutralize it, and come back with Earthquake or Ice Punch. Even so, it sucks. Jolteon really provides better team support with its own Immunity as well as natural Speed and good Sp. Att.
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
Temius wrote:
e-vire sux b/c it's slow as dirt. Sure a motor drive can fix it, but u actually have to predict correctly. Not to mention with e-vire's sucky defense, it'll get owned by most of the physical attacks in ou. Scarf pokes still outspeed e-vire after motor drive, so it's easy to beat. Especially flygon, which outspeeds with scarf and ohkoes with eq, and can come in safely on an electric move.
And evil, who cares what the people on here think about your originality. Smogon sets work, they're there for ur use, if people dont like them, well too bad for them. They can make their own sets if they want to, I for one make my own sets and use smogon sets in the same team.
95 speed is not slow, plus scarf pokemon outrun other electric types too except like one, and you most electric pokemon have bad defense too, as such they are normally sashed, so electivire can at guarantee a strong retaliation.

eaglehawks wrote:
The reason why Electivire still exists is that it complements Gyarados as in that it can switch into Jolteons or anything that proves to be of a threat to Gyarados, neutralize it, and come back with Earthquake or Ice Punch. Even so, it sucks. Jolteon really provides better team support with its own Immunity as well as natural Speed and good Sp. Att.
because Jolteon has such an amazing move pool.
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6571

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:48 pm

in ou when u cant take a hit, 95 speed is slow
and u cant even scarf it b/c being locked into 1 move with e-vire completely defeats the purpose of using it
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5210

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Pialga93 wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
Temius wrote:
95 speed is not slow, plus scarf pokemon outrun other electric types too except like one, and you most electric pokemon have bad defense too, as such they are normally sashed, so electivire can at guarantee a strong retaliation.

eaglehawks wrote:
because Jolteon has such an amazing move pool.
@Darkravenn: Notice how Schnoogle said Bandwagon effect. You are correct that Electivire alone cannot hold its own, but in saying that Motor Drive is hard to predict isn't correct, or at least when you pair it with something weak to Electric. A good example is Gyarados. It takes x4 the damage from Thunderbolt. Now Electivire is the switch, absorbing the intended Thunderbolt and getting a free boost. Common physical sweeper sets can KO Jolteon with Earthquake and Zapdos with Ice Punch.

@Pialga: That's where YOU'RE wrong, good sir. Yes, Base 95 is a fast speed...in UU. Base 95 is slow, but due to the bandwagon combo, Electivire gets a 1.5x boost from a possible switch with Gyarados.

twDarkravenn12 wrote:
in ou when u cant take a hit, 95 speed is slow
and u cant even scarf it b/c being locked into 1 move with e-vire completely defeats the purpose of using it

The general point is that you guys are rather tunneled-visioned. Electivire switches on a T-Bolt. It gets a 1.5x boost in speed. Standard Physical Electivire has 289 Base Speed. After a Motor Drive boost, it hits 433.5.

Not so slow now eh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Electivire Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Electivire Team   An Electivire Team Empty

Back to top Go down

An Electivire Team
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next