Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anti-lead Medicham

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5777

Anti-lead Medicham Empty
PostSubject: Anti-lead Medicham   Anti-lead Medicham EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Medicham w/Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 Atk, 126 HP, 130 speed
-Focus Punch
-Zen Headbutt
-Body Slam
-Trick
I'll admit I copied and tweaked this strategy from one I saw on wifi. So trick is to lock them into set-up move and force a switch-out so I can get a free Focus Punch. Zen headbutt is for a back-up STAB move and body slam is to try to cause paralysis for another F-punch or just to fight psychic types.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7723

Anti-lead Medicham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-lead Medicham   Anti-lead Medicham EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:40 pm

Can you explain what the Speed EVs are for outrunning?

And Body Slam seems like meh coverage to me... Considering Medicham's pretty average bulk at best for a sweeper, relying on a 30% chance to inflict a status and then a 25% chance for it to take place to pull off one move whilst not dying in the process seems pretty risky... Also, the only Psychic type dying to Body Slam in one hit is Alakazam, which you actually need SR to do 100% of the time (only 53% of the time without for a OHKO). I don't really know what else to suggest to go into that spot, though... Substitute could work, as could Ice/Thunderpunch. I personally would go with High Jump Kick or Brick Break just to have a more reliable STAB attack against things like Registeel and the like.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5777

Anti-lead Medicham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-lead Medicham   Anti-lead Medicham EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Can you explain what the Speed EVs are for outrunning?

And Body Slam seems like meh coverage to me... Considering Medicham's pretty average bulk at best for a sweeper, relying on a 30% chance to inflict a status and then a 25% chance for it to take place to pull off one move whilst not dying in the process seems pretty risky... Also, the only Psychic type dying to Body Slam in one hit is Alakazam, which you actually need SR to do 100% of the time (only 53% of the time without for a OHKO). I don't really know what else to suggest to go into that spot, though... Substitute could work, as could Ice/Thunderpunch. I personally would go with High Jump Kick or Brick Break just to have a more reliable STAB attack against things like Registeel and the like.
:/, I see your point, as for the speed EV's, well I just don't know what else to invest them in.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7723

Anti-lead Medicham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-lead Medicham   Anti-lead Medicham EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Invest 220 in Speed and keep the Adamant Nature. This will beat the most common variant of Choice Scarf lead Venusaur in UU (If this is for UU... If it's for NU, I can't help you much =/) who only runs 216 Speed EVs with a Modest Nature. You are both 80 Base Speed Pokémon, so you shouldn't have to invest any more than that unless you don't have a 31 Speed IV.

This way, you won't be OHKOed by Leaf Storm or be Sleep Powdered while you will have an early 6-5 lead as long as Zen Headbutt hits.

If this is for UU, Pokémon such as Nasty Plot Houndoom and Substitute Rhyperior make great partners for Medicham due to their ability to set up on Medicham's primary counter, Spiritomb, who commonly runs a WoW or Trick / Sucker Punch / Shadow Sneak / Pursuit with Leftovers or a Choice Band type of set, both of which Houndoom and Ryhperior rape. Just make sure to get Rhyperior in on anything not named Will-O-Wisp
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Sponsored content

Anti-lead Medicham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-lead Medicham   Anti-lead Medicham Empty

Back to top Go down

Anti-lead Medicham
Page 1 of 1