Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anti-Lead. Ambipom's Destruction.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5655

Anti-Lead. Ambipom's Destruction. Empty
PostSubject: Anti-Lead. Ambipom's Destruction.   Anti-Lead. Ambipom's Destruction. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Ambipom is always seen as a lead. Will this set be a lead? ABSOLUTELY.

Ambipom@Silk Scarf / Focus Sash / Life Orb
4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPE
Adamant / Jolly
Technician

-Fake Out
-Magic Coat
-Knock Off / Pursuit
-Low Kick / Pursuit

Ambipom is an anti-lead. This set puts that to an extreme level. Item choice varies - Silk Scarf provides no harmful recoil and powers up Fake Out. Focus Sash lets me take a hit without worry. Life Orb adds an extra punch to my two or three attacking moves. EVs maximize power and speed. Adamant gives me power, Jolly gives me speed. Technician is obvious. Fake Out is Ambipom's best pal. Its STAB Technician boosted power deals quite a chunk of damage while breaking possible Focus Sashes. Magic Coat (taught by HG/SS move tutor) fires back status moves that opponents just love to throw around, which are particularly common on lead Pokemon. Knock Off rids the foe of their item, but if it is something that would regularly carry a Focus Sash, Knock Off is a tad redundant. Pursuit nails those leads (Azelf!) that like to run from Fake Out and is boosted by Technician. Low Kick (also HG/SS move tutor) is there to hit the Rock- and Steel-types that like to switch into Ambipom. I am not sure if Low Kick is boosted by Technician. Anyone know?

Constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
neutral777

neutral777

UT points : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Lead. Ambipom's Destruction.   Anti-Lead. Ambipom's Destruction. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:52 am

For Technician to kick in on Low Kick, the opposing pokemon must be less than 50kg.

I'd recommend a Jolly Nature. I like Pursuit > Knock Off. That last slot should be something for Steel/Rock Leads. Low Kick would do great against Aggron but what about something like Registeel?

It'll do ~200-236 damage with Life Orb. That could be a 2HKO but this gives Registeel a chance to Stealth Rock and then strike with an Attack.

I don't know how effective Low Kick will ultimately be with a Focus Sash or some other item.
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5772

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Lead. Ambipom's Destruction.   Anti-Lead. Ambipom's Destruction. EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:31 pm

i would go for the knock off and low kick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Lead. Ambipom's Destruction.   Anti-Lead. Ambipom's Destruction. Empty

Back to top Go down

Anti-Lead. Ambipom's Destruction.
Page 1 of 1