Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM Absol :D

Go down 
+2
Old Gir
leafshadow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
leafshadow

leafshadow

UT points : 6455

RM Absol :D Empty
PostSubject: RM Absol :D   RM Absol :D EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:45 am

Thanks to all for reading now absol

Absol
Trait Pressure
Nature Timid
Item LO EB
EVS 252SpA 252Spe 4Hp
Moveset
Charge Beam/CM
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam/Hp Ground/T Bolt
Flamethrower/Hp Ground/T Bolt

So heres absol CM to set up on the switch or I could use charge beam for coverage and a boost of SpA DP for STAB HP ground for the Steels and Poisons Roaming in UU Flamethrower to char bugs and grasses and melt Ice types HP Ice beam for those hard to hit flying types and ground types as well as Altaria and T Bolt if I decide to go for CM Instead LO for a little more Omph in attack EB for he has the EVs are self explanitory as is the nature. Rate Comment Bye Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Old Gir

Old Gir

UT points : 6160

PostSubject: Re: RM Absol :D   RM Absol :D EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:42 am

Ok guys, I know you like originalikty and novelty, but there are some Pokemons who are just not gonna work. You have a base 130 Attack, yet you choose to use a base 75 SpA exclusively? Absol can be quite an efficent mixed sweeper, learning Fire Blast to roast Steelix and Skarmory, but dont think that just because it has CM it can be an efficent special sweeper. Use that awesome base 130 Attak in combination with the decent Sa, thats the only way Absol will succeed using special attacks Rant over
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7713

PostSubject: Re: RM Absol :D   RM Absol :D EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeah what gir said

If you still want a set like this, flamethrower for the last slot and t-bolt for slot 3. You already have flamethrower for grassers and their is only 1 dragon in UU so no ice beam. Hp ground would be useful only if he didnt learn flamethrower cause that hits steels for much more power. Therefore thunderbolt for slot 3

Id say calm mind no charge beam. 50 power is like meh and you only get the boost every 62% of the time. Unlike calm mind where you also get a special defense boost

I have had an absol that has had fire blast and it works great, and it is a physical sweeper besides that one move
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5862

PostSubject: Re: RM Absol :D   RM Absol :D EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Too many people are trying to come up with sets that do the opposite of what a pokemon is good for. Maybe next I will make a set for a choice scarfed special attacking Snorlax. lol!
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7481

PostSubject: Re: RM Absol :D   RM Absol :D EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:49 pm

The Average Battler wrote:
Too many people are trying to come up with sets that do the opposite of what a pokemon is good for. Maybe next I will make a set for a choice scarfed special attacking Snorlax. lol!

Yea this is true, and whereas sometimes they can work, the one's being posted usually suck and the "novelty approach" is now being over done and becoming quite annoying.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
leafshadow

leafshadow

UT points : 6455

PostSubject: Re: RM Absol :D   RM Absol :D EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:37 pm

leafshadow wrote:

Absol
Trait Pressure
Nature Timid
Item LO EB
EVS 252SpA 252Spe 4Hp
Moveset
Charge Beam/CM
Dark Pulse

So heres absol CM to set up on the switch or I could use charge beam for coverage and a boost of SpA DP for STAB HP ground for the Steels and Poisons Roaming in UU Flamethrower to char bugs and grasses and melt Ice types HP Ice beam for those hard to hit flying types and ground types as well as Altaria and T Bolt if I decide to go for CM Instead LO for a little more Omph in attack EB for he has the EVs are self explanitory as is the nature. Rate Comment Bye Very Happy
You know now that I think about it your right I must not have been thinking strait (I wonder how ARandomboy does it.
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5862

PostSubject: Re: RM Absol :D   RM Absol :D EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:48 pm

leafshadow wrote:
leafshadow wrote:

Absol
Trait Pressure
Nature Timid
Item LO EB
EVS 252SpA 252Spe 4Hp
Moveset
Charge Beam/CM
Dark Pulse

You know now that I think about it your right I must not have been thinking strait (I wonder how ARandomboy does it.

Most of ARandomboy's sets are defensive and revolve around stat boosts.
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5647

PostSubject: Re: RM Absol :D   RM Absol :D EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:21 pm

The Average Battler wrote:
leafshadow wrote:
leafshadow wrote:

Absol
Trait Pressure
Nature Timid
Item LO EB
EVS 252SpA 252Spe 4Hp
Moveset
Charge Beam/CM
Dark Pulse

Most of ARandomboy's sets are defensive and revolve around stat boosts.
I am honored to be mentioned. Razz

Pokemon that are used against their natural use is for not only novelty and originality, but for sheer suprise factor. When they bring in their physical wall (-cough- Skarmory?) against this set, only to be hit in the face with a Flamethrower, it's the surprise factor that got you that KO.

To be honest with you, I think this set may actually work. You come in on anything that fears Absol (Specs/Scarf-ers locked into Psychic, in particular) CM on their switch to a physical wall. CM AGAIN on their switch out to a special wall. That special wall isn't so mighty once you're at double special attack.

As for the moveset itself, I can see each move having its merits. It really comes down to what you need for your team.
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7481

PostSubject: Re: RM Absol :D   RM Absol :D EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:35 pm

The surprise factor isn't enough for this set. Absol normally works as a sweeper because it's attack is high, and it can rely on STAB Sucker Punch or Scarf to deal with the speed, but with a low Sp.A and Speed it can only account for one or the other, which is why a mixed set is the closest thing to this that will work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5647

PostSubject: Re: RM Absol :D   RM Absol :D EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Greene wrote:
The surprise factor isn't enough for this set. Absol normally works as a sweeper because it's attack is high, and it can rely on STAB Sucker Punch or Scarf to deal with the speed, but with a low Sp.A and Speed it can only account for one or the other, which is why a mixed set is the closest thing to this that will work.

Absol's lack of speed completely slipped my mind... Neutral That's definitely a downfall.

But, eh. It's worth a try, I say. If it works out, you have a new Absol to work with. If it doesn't, you can build off that experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RM Absol :D   RM Absol :D Empty

Back to top Go down

RM Absol :D
Page 1 of 1