Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?

Go down 
+3
Chiz-it5
The Average Battler
ARandomBoy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5634

Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? Empty
PostSubject: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Absol gets Megahorn through HG/SS. This is a great move, but I am not sure how much use it has on Absol. So... will it work?

Absol@Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
Adamant
Super Luck

-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Superpower
-Megahorn

Megahorn hits the types Grass-, Psychic-, and Dark- super effectively. The Psychic coverage is redundant, as a STAB Night Slash will take care of that. As for Dark, it is not quite as useful, as Absol has access to Superpower. However, Megahorn does not have the disgusting drawback that Superpower does. And for Grass, it can actually prove useful. In UU, there are a good amount of bulky Grass-types (Tangrowth, Meganium, etc), so this may help greatly against them.

But, once again, will it work? Does it prove useful?
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5849

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:13 pm

I think you should just go with life orb, timid nature, and maybe swords dance to give it that much needed power. Come is on a weak pokemon, scare it away, set up SD, and the sweep!. You might also want to take Sucker Punch if you are going to go with my Idea as some priority users could end you fun.
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:21 pm

The Average Battler wrote:
I think you should just go with life orb, timid nature, and maybe swords dance to give it that much needed power. Come is on a weak pokemon, scare it away, set up SD, and the sweep!. You might also want to take Sucker Punch if you are going to go with my Idea as some priority users could end you fun.

No.

1)Absol doesn't have the speed to use Life Orb.
2)Timid lowers ATK.
3)Does it look like I'm using an SDer?
4)You didn't even answer what I was asking.

bounce Also, check out what I bolded. Did you care to look that Absol has a whopping 130 base ATK stat?
Back to top Go down
Chiz-it5

Chiz-it5

UT points : 5641

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Umm.. I checked marriland's website and it says absol can't learn megahorn so you may want to change that to x scissor. Also I think pursuit may be a good idea for your absol
Back to top Go down
Old Gir

Old Gir

UT points : 6147

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Chiz-it5 wrote:
Umm.. I checked marriland's website and it says absol can't learn megahorn so you may want to change that to x scissor. Also I think pursuit may be a good idea for your absol
Got it as an egg move on HG/SS
Back to top Go down
Chiz-it5

Chiz-it5

UT points : 5641

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:01 pm

oh sorry I didn't know
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5849

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:32 pm

ARandomBoy wrote:
The Average Battler wrote:

No.

1)Absol doesn't have the speed to use Life Orb.
2)Timid lowers ATK.
3)Does it look like I'm using an SDer?
4)You didn't even answer what I was asking.

bounce Also, check out what I bolded. Did you care to look that Absol has a whopping 130 base ATK stat?

What are you talking about, absol's speed is decent enough to use life orb.
I meant jolly nature
No it doesn't look like you are using an SDer, it's something that is called an opinion hence the I think.
You can take out anything you outspeed after an SD + life orb, and maybe KO what you don't outspeed with a stab, life orbed, swords dace sucker punch from 130 attack. The life orb and SD can turn a 2hitKO's into 1hitKO's, thats what I meant by much needed power.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Coaster

UT points : 6545

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:57 pm

All this need is proof of it to work.
Here are some damage calculations done with Megahorn against some of the grass types in UU:

Absol's Megahorn vs. Standard Venusaur
305 - 359 HP | 83.8% - 98.6% | 252 HP / 0 Def Venusaur

Absol's Psycho Cut vs. Standard Venusaur
356 - 420 HP | 97.8% - 115.4% | 252 HP / 0 Def Venusaur

Megahorn loses this battle as Psycho Cut does more damage than it to a Venusaur. Of course, the main factor to that is the super effective hit against Venusaur's poison side.

Absol's Megahorn vs. "Knock It Off" Tangrowth
360 - 424 HP | 89.1% - 105% | 252 HP / 228 Def Tangrowth

Absol's Night Slash vs. "Knock It Off" Tangrowth
157 - 186 HP | 38.9% - 46% | 252 HP / 228 Def Tangrowth

So yeah, Megahorn becomes a 2HKO, possible OHKO while STABB Night Slash gets a 3HKO. Megahorn shows more effectiveness here than against Venusaur.

Absol's Megahorn vs. "Wish Support" Leafeon
408 - 482 HP | 122.2% - 144.3% | 252 HP / 20 Def Leafeon

Absol's Night Slash vs. "Wish Support" Leafeon
178 - 211 HP | 53.3% - 63.2% | 252 HP / 20 Def Leafeon

Another win for Megahorn. Night Slash 2HKOs while Megahorn completely destroys Leafeon. Megahorn also OHKOs 252 HP / 252 Def Leafeon.

So all in all, if the pure grass types give you trouble in UU, Absol's Megahorn will work on revenge killing or getting the unexpected kill.
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:28 am

Coaster wrote:
All this need is proof of it to work.
Here are some damage calculations done with Megahorn against some of the grass types in UU:

Absol's Megahorn vs. Standard Venusaur
305 - 359 HP | 83.8% - 98.6% | 252 HP / 0 Def Venusaur

Absol's Psycho Cut vs. Standard Venusaur
356 - 420 HP | 97.8% - 115.4% | 252 HP / 0 Def Venusaur

Megahorn loses this battle as Psycho Cut does more damage than it to a Venusaur. Of course, the main factor to that is the super effective hit against Venusaur's poison side.

Absol's Megahorn vs. "Knock It Off" Tangrowth
360 - 424 HP | 89.1% - 105% | 252 HP / 228 Def Tangrowth

Absol's Night Slash vs. "Knock It Off" Tangrowth
157 - 186 HP | 38.9% - 46% | 252 HP / 228 Def Tangrowth

So yeah, Megahorn becomes a 2HKO, possible OHKO while STABB Night Slash gets a 3HKO. Megahorn shows more effectiveness here than against Venusaur.

Absol's Megahorn vs. "Wish Support" Leafeon
408 - 482 HP | 122.2% - 144.3% | 252 HP / 20 Def Leafeon

Absol's Night Slash vs. "Wish Support" Leafeon
178 - 211 HP | 53.3% - 63.2% | 252 HP / 20 Def Leafeon

Another win for Megahorn. Night Slash 2HKOs while Megahorn completely destroys Leafeon. Megahorn also OHKOs 252 HP / 252 Def Leafeon.

So all in all, if the pure grass types give you trouble in UU, Absol's Megahorn will work on revenge killing or getting the unexpected kill.
Thanks! Tangrowth may be a bit of a problem, so I think I may use it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7468

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:38 am

ARandomBoy wrote:
Absol gets Megahorn through HG/SS. This is a great move, but I am not sure how much use it has on Absol. So... will it work?

Absol@Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
Adamant
Super Luck

-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Superpower
-Megahorn

Megahorn hits the types Grass-, Psychic-, and Dark- super effectively. The Psychic coverage is redundant, as a STAB Night Slash will take care of that. As for Dark, it is not quite as useful, as Absol has access to Superpower. However, Megahorn does not have the disgusting drawback that Superpower does. And for Grass, it can actually prove useful. In UU, there are a good amount of bulky Grass-types (Tangrowth, Meganium, etc), so this may help greatly against them.

This is already in wide use since the Japanese release of HG/SS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:05 am

Greene wrote:
ARandomBoy wrote:

Absol@Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
Adamant
Super Luck

-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Superpower
-Megahorn

I was unaware of this. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7468

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:47 am

ARandomBoy wrote:
Greene wrote:
ARandomBoy wrote:

Absol@Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
Adamant
Super Luck

-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Superpower
-Megahorn

Yup, thugh I should have been clearly on what I meant, this is already in wide use, and has been kicking some major ***.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Greene wrote:
ARandomBoy wrote:
Greene wrote:
ARandomBoy wrote:

Absol@Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
Adamant
Super Luck

-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Superpower
-Megahorn

Yup, thugh I should have been clearly on what I meant, this is already in wide use, and has been kicking some major ***.
Fantastic. Smile
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6076

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Greene wrote:
ARandomBoy wrote:

Absol@Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
Adamant
Super Luck

-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Superpower
-Megahorn

Saw it coming when they added the move... you give a pokemon with a high Attack stat and decent Speed stat a strong move, its gonna start changing things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?   Megahorn Absol.. Will it work? Empty

Back to top Go down

Megahorn Absol.. Will it work?
Page 1 of 1