Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM Taunt Absol.

Go down 
+2
Elfar
dragonmxz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5981

RM Taunt Absol. Empty
PostSubject: RM Taunt Absol.   RM Taunt Absol. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:58 am

so i've finally been able to come up with an potent origanal set to get ready for the UPl,( not that its guranteed i will use it) but anyway i think its powerful and can defeat many things that stop it cold normally.

Absol@Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
Nature:Jolly/Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk,252 Spe, 4 SpDef
Moves
~Swords Dance
~Sucker Punch
~SuperPower
~Taunt

It is only changed from the normal SD Absol in one move, but that is the most important part. Many people who know the UU metagame well will, on the instant of seeing Absol, most likley send in a weezing or spirttomb to will-o-wisp so they can kill me. However, taunt actually stops what move they would use to stall out the Sucker Punch,, and will then force them to use an attacking move, therefore Sucker Punch will have to hit, the only real weakness of this strategy is if they switch, but even then as long as you predict well you will come out on top over many strong teams.

So what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6547

RM Taunt Absol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Taunt Absol.   RM Taunt Absol. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:14 am

This is a nice set. If you send the Absol in on something that can't do much, you instantly get the Taunt on their switch, then the setup. It works perfectly. Nice job on it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
satisuicune

satisuicune

UT points : 5354

RM Taunt Absol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Taunt Absol.   RM Taunt Absol. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Well, you kinda have to play on prediction, and you're kinda suggesting that every team only has one check or counter to Absol, but some teams may as well have more than one check, so you're kinda in a dilemna right there, and especially if a Weezing or something switches out, how exactly would you know what they're switching in, and playing by prediction is never a good thing, but besides that, I like the set.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/satisuicune
mike182a.c.

mike182a.c.

UT points : 7065

RM Taunt Absol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Taunt Absol.   RM Taunt Absol. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:52 pm

i would switch superpower with pursuit
chances are after seeing a taunt your opponent will expect sucker punch and go straight for the switch

also after a superpower you will need a SD for sucker punch to do any real damage and that will put you in a very tight spot considering the only thing absol has going for itself is a high attack and a stab priority move
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

UT points : 5089

RM Taunt Absol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Taunt Absol.   RM Taunt Absol. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:03 pm

I think the set is fine as is, it turns a lot of Absol's typical counters into set up fodder. I'd definitely go with Jolly basically all of the time though, to allow taunt to hit more opponents.
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5755

RM Taunt Absol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Taunt Absol.   RM Taunt Absol. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:10 pm

i'd go for a sash instead, but Me First can be much more useful than you think because you get STAB with the move you copy, so maybe that instead of Superpower.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

UT points : 5089

RM Taunt Absol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Taunt Absol.   RM Taunt Absol. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 pm

if it's a lead then yeah sash, if not, there's basically no reason to, since chances are some entry hazzard will be up by the time absol comes in. And superpower is definitely superior to me first. Having a great way to deal with steels is pretty much why you use it. and a 120 base power move coming off of that mammoth attack is always nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RM Taunt Absol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Taunt Absol.   RM Taunt Absol. Empty

Back to top Go down

RM Taunt Absol.
Page 1 of 1