Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RMT: Crazy Craving

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
neutral777

neutral777

UT points : 5712

RMT: Crazy Craving Empty
PostSubject: RMT: Crazy Craving   RMT: Crazy Craving EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Team Overview:

I have a mad soft spot for Primeape and I decided that is high time I build a team around the little guy. Primeape has some great selling points. It has pretty good speed and great attack. It's movepool is awesome, too. Vital Spirit makes it great to throw into sleepers. I've decided on using a sweeping Primeape that will be supported by team synergy to accomplish it's goal of maximum damage to an opponent's pokemon, team, and ego.

I'll try to do up a threat list after further play-testing.

Team at a Glance:
RMT: Crazy Craving 473RMT: Crazy Craving 73RMT: Crazy Craving 205RMT: Crazy Craving 57RMT: Crazy Craving 350RMT: Crazy Craving 344

Team:

RMT: Crazy Craving Mamoswine__the_Mammoth_Boar_by_NiaWolf
Tucker (Mamoswine) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

My Lead. Good ol' Tucker can pack a serious punch. I abuse this guy for the Stealth Rock. Primeape, like all sweepers, loves entry hazards. With Sash, Endeavor, and Ice Shard, I can net a KO with proper prediction. If this guy survives the first few rounds of battle, I use it as additional Electric-resist.

RMT: Crazy Craving Shiny_Tentacruel_by_Zaikudo
Wiggles (Tentacruel) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Surf

Usually, there would be Toxic Spikes, however, that had the least benefit of the three in regards to this team. Instead, I use Wiggles for Knock Off. Leftovers, Choice Scarf, Life Orb, etc. are no long issues for Primeape's sweep. Also, Primeape hates Toxic Spikes and this guy eats those for dinner. This pokemon and Milotic give me my Fire and Ice Resist. Wiggles can take some Fighting-attacks, too.

RMT: Crazy Craving Forretress
Debris (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Payback

Debris is my physical wall, 2nd Rapid Spinner, and Spiker. This pokemon is slower than molasses on a winter night. Payback is for those Ghosts who think they can bounce in on my Spinning. I felt it absolutely necessary for two spinners because Primeape is rather frail so I want as much HP on the bugger when he is sent into the field. Debris handles the Flying-attacks.

RMT: Crazy Craving 442b5e790c266
Kravin (Primeape) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 36 HP/252 Atk/220 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Punishment
- U-turn

The star of the team. Punishment is beast against Psychic/Ghost-types who think they are just going to set up on you. It hits them slightly harder than a Stone Edge. U-turn is great for early game scouting. Ice Punch is obviously for flying-types. I went with Ice Punch > Stone Edge for accuracy as well as the fact that SR will be shredding flying-types such that Ice Punch will still net KOs.

RMT: Crazy Craving Milotic2_2
Erotic (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 148 HP/252 Def/108 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam / HP: Elec
- Hypnosis
- Recover
- Surf

Primeape hates Will-o-Wisp. Milotic is all about the defense boost. A Weezing's natural enemy is a Milotic. Hypnosis, though low on accuracy, can help me stall out a plan against some threats but Milotic is mainly here to suck up Wisp/T-Wave and strike back with Surf. HP: Elec would help me edge out some damage on the switch if someone tries to in a Bulky Water. Ice Beam is present for the Dragon-types that Milotic could handle.

RMT: Crazy Craving ShinyClaydol
Aztec (Claydol) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Claydol gives me Rock/Ground/Psychic/Elec resist. RestTalk for survivability. Ground/Ice has pretty decent coverage. I have two spinners so I don't need another, nor to I need any more entry hazards. This pokemon can also eat status as well.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6078

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Crazy Craving   RMT: Crazy Craving EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:39 pm

I like the team, and its the first team in awhile on this site that centers around one sweeper. its really quite refreshing Smile and i like how youve planned for everything. i do think that you may need some extra sweeping material or something, but as long as you dont go using Primeape recklessly you should be fine.

i do however think you should change the EV's of your forretress to be mainly a Physical Wall. Even with those SpD EV's he wont be surviving many special attacks, while with full Defense EV's he could take some crazy strong attacks easy. its up to you, but thats the biggest fault that i found.
Back to top Go down
neutral777

neutral777

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Crazy Craving   RMT: Crazy Craving EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 2:58 pm

thanks for the input, any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5875

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Crazy Craving   RMT: Crazy Craving EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 5:56 pm

The team seems a bit... akward

There are 4 walls and 2 sweepers (well mamoswine is not really a sweeper but meh).. both of which are physical. I could totally see something like cresselia setting up on you with CB/CM and substitute; it resists primeape and mamoswine's stab (ice shard is low power), and nothing on your team has toxic; nothing can hurt it for concrete damage after a few CM's or CB's, and you lack roar. Same goes for calm-cune. Admittedly neither will like punishment, but you're pretty much screwed if they attack and don't set up, or primeape is dead.

So I have two suggestions. Replace one of your walls (preferably claydol, who does little to help anything) with a special sweeper. You lack a fire type as well, which is nice in the OU tier with skarmory and bronzong (who more or less walls this team) running around, and you said you wanted will-o-wisp absorbtion, right? Lastly you want to use roar or whirlwind as a secondary defense against stat-uppers. Of the many pokemon I could think of, Houndoom is the first to come to mind. It can also use taunt as well. I've used this set on other teams and it's been pretty succesful.

Timid/Modest Houndoom @ Focus Sash
252 Sp / 252 SpA / 6 Def
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Taunt
-Roar

I suggest you replace claydol at least, it provides little coverage and looks like pure setup fodder to me. If you don't want to replace it with that, replace it with something that knows aromatherapy; it's a really useful utility. Plus if primeape is burned then you can still keep it useful.

One question I have is why do you talk about weezing when this is clearly OU? Never seen anybody use weezing in competitive OU.

Anyways the rest are fine and look ok. Hope this helped!
Back to top Go down
neutral777

neutral777

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Crazy Craving   RMT: Crazy Craving EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:03 pm

My only issue with your advice is Roar on Houndoom....He isn't going to like going 2nd and that Focus Sash gives me one chance to pseudo-haze...

Maybe Roar Heatran/Ninetales?
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5875

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Crazy Craving   RMT: Crazy Craving EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:26 pm

neutral777 wrote:
My only issue with your advice is Roar on Houndoom....He isn't going to like going 2nd and that Focus Sash gives me one chance to pseudo-haze...

Maybe Roar Heatran/Ninetales?

I was only giving examples; both of those work too. Smile
Back to top Go down
neutral777

neutral777

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Crazy Craving   RMT: Crazy Craving EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:35 pm

Your suggestion was spot on. I'll try Roar Heatran for a lil while.
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5753

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Crazy Craving   RMT: Crazy Craving EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 11:33 am

milotic Hp electric > ice beam just for covrage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Crazy Craving   RMT: Crazy Craving Empty

Back to top Go down

RMT: Crazy Craving
Page 1 of 1