Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An overall crazy rampardos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6078

An overall crazy rampardos Empty
PostSubject: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Rampardos - Adamant
Custap Berry
252 HP, 252 SpD/Def, 6 Atk
Curse
Pain Split
Rock Slide
Earthquake

This came to me after seeing another certain battlers Toxic using Medicham. Both pokes have terrible defenses but decent movepools. So pretty much, start cursing up (Sandstorm would be nice), and if they knock your HP down into Custap range, use pain split to gain a good bit back. This will more than likely be sandstorm only, so im a bit confused on where to but the defensive EV's. any help wanted

I made this set a few weeks ago and didnt get comments on it, so since ive been away for awhile i thought id show you all this. dont try to dissect it down to counters, just the idea that every egg move has its place
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7702

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:05 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
Rampardos - Adamant
Custap Berry
Curse
Pain Split
Rock Slide
Earthquake

This came to me after seeing another certain battlers Toxic using Medicham. Both pokes have terrible defenses but decent movepools. So pretty much, start cursing up (Sandstorm would be nice), and if they knock your HP down into Custap range, use pain split to gain a good bit back. This will more than likely be sandstorm only, so im a bit confused on where to but the defensive EV's. any help wanted

I made this set a few weeks ago and didnt get comments on it, so since ive been away for awhile i thought id show you all this. dont try to dissect it down to counters, just the idea that every egg move has its place

lol was it xenon?

You should give him 252 HP, 176 Sp. Def, 80 Def with a careful nature and pair it with sandstorm. This will allow his defnsive stats to be relatively = after sandstorm and a curse. The moves look fine to me, and whatdoes cutsap berry do?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6252

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:07 pm

IIRC, it reduces the damage output from SE Fighting attakcs
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:08 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:
Rampardos - Adamant
Custap Berry
Curse
Pain Split
Rock Slide
Earthquake

lol was it xenon?

You should give him 252 HP, 176 Sp. Def, 80 Def with a careful nature and pair it with sandstorm. This will allow his defnsive stats to be relatively = after sandstorm and a curse. The moves look fine to me, and whatdoes cutsap berry do?

yup xenon Razz ill try those EV's, but im still thinking that the curses should give him enough that 252 SpD EV's can be invested. and custap berry gives pretty much a one time quick claw effect when HP is low, but is not banned.

L that is the chople berry you are thinking of
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Oh, right. Well, if thats the case, I have a bad new for you: priority moves always outspeed Custap Berry, not that it matters much with a curser, but always take it in mind against common users of them, such as Hitmontop or Feraligatr
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:13 pm

L wrote:
Oh, right. Well, if thats the case, I have a bad new for you: priority moves always outspeed Custap Berry, not that it matters much with a curser, but always take it in mind against common users of them, such as Hitmontop or Feraligatr

yeah i learned that recently, but other than mach punch and bullet punch it shouldnt be too bad

edit: o yeah, and aqua jet like you suggested
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:20 pm

Lol chalk one up for Shnoogle Very Happy

Yeah, if you aren't sure you can just experiment with dif. EV spreads tll you find a good one. I'm pretty sure you have 'sav so it shouldn't be that much of a hassle
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Lol chalk one up for Shnoogle Very Happy

Yeah, if you aren't sure you can just experiment with dif. EV spreads tll you find a good one. I'm pretty sure you have 'sav so it shouldn't be that much of a hassle

haha i see someone else watches xenon once in awhile too. but yeah EV's are something i sometimes struggle with, so your right experimentation will be needed
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5872

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Not bad of a set. Though Scizor wrecks through it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6853

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:45 pm

Beastof2000 wrote:

A little shameful that SCIZOR is the first pokemon you refer to. -_-
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
Gir

Gir

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Nagi-Nagi wrote:
Beastof2000 wrote:

Well, after all, Scizor WILL be the main hidrance to this set, I know you dread OU, but facing the facts, if this is meant for OU, Scizor WILL wreck the fun
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:02 pm

L wrote:
Nagi-Nagi wrote:
Beastof2000 wrote:

Well, after all, Scizor WILL be the main hidrance to this set, I know you dread OU, but facing the facts, if this is meant for OU, Scizor WILL wreck the fun

to tell you the truth, even though this is for UU/NU, Scizor was the first thing that came to my mind as well. haha its just that bad
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:14 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
L wrote:
Nagi-Nagi wrote:
Beastof2000 wrote:

to tell you the truth, even though this is for UU/NU, Scizor was the first thing that came to my mind as well. haha its just that bad

then you need to pair this with a hippopotas lead... it's the only UU pokemon who can set up sandstorm.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:45 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:
L wrote:
Nagi-Nagi wrote:
Beastof2000 wrote:

then you need to pair this with a hippopotas lead... it's the only UU pokemon who can set up sandstorm.

already beat ya to there Razz sets already done, similar EV problems but when its done ill see how it goes
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5872

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:24 am

Post your whole team when your done. We want to rate it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Beastof2000 wrote:
Post your whole team when your done. We want to rate it. Very Happy

yeah sure, all ive got right now is 3-4 of the pokemon so ill post it when its complete, and an odd idea that ill be posting in the discussion area soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An overall crazy rampardos   An overall crazy rampardos Empty

Back to top Go down

An overall crazy rampardos
Page 1 of 1