Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM Smeargle Idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mistighost

Mistighost

UT points : 5286

RM Smeargle Idea Empty
PostSubject: RM Smeargle Idea   RM Smeargle Idea EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Alright, so I've seen many Smeargles who excel in setting up different strategies (such as BPassing Belly drums and other stats) because they have horrible defenses and attacks. Though I thought 'Why can't a smeargle sweep?' and I realized, the only way to make a good sweeping Smeargle, was to not use smeargle at all!

I call this set Ditto Mach 2

RM Smeargle Idea Smeargle

Smeargle @ Leftovers
Any Nature that is +Speed
252 Hp/ 252 Speed Evs
-Spore
-Flatter
-Swagger
-Transform

The tactic here is simple. Max out speed to get in spore first, then use Flatter on special attackers, or swagger on physical attackers, then transform into the powered up version without getting the confusion or sweep Hax, then go ahead and sweep the opponent with his own pokemon! Switching out can make this usable again and again. Hp is not copied, so maxing it out and equipping leftovers is for longevity.

Note: I am not sure if transform copies the ability, but if it doesn't, I would equip Smeargle with Technician for even more power.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6076

RM Smeargle Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Smeargle Idea   RM Smeargle Idea EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 pm

There are definitely some problems that could happen to your smeargle. first off, smeargle isnt the fastest pokemon around so you may have to use a focus sash to insure survival. next, a taunt lead will make you switch right away so i'd keep a counter to such a lead on hand. finally, if you do get the spore off, whats stopping your opponent from switching their pokemon? you could very well flatter or swagger the wrong pokemon and could give them the chance to KO smeargle through confusion. its an interesting idea you have, but there are some kinks that need to be worked out
Back to top Go down
Mistighost

Mistighost

UT points : 5286

RM Smeargle Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Smeargle Idea   RM Smeargle Idea EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 2:08 pm

Yeah, I see the problems it could have, but it was just a fun lil idea I was thinking of. I could easily forget the Flatter/Swagger and equip moves such as Wrap or block to keep them in, but again that would still be taken down by the opponent switching out.

A way I could see this work, however, is by doing such a tactic as baton passing +Speed onto Smeargle, potentially making him outspeed all the opponent's (depending on what the opponent is carrying, one might need to go to +6 speed) to get off the combos such as Flatter or Swagger, and then commence transforming, I would lose the speed boost (not sure), but if done right, perhaps it would be worth it?

Pairing it with a Ninjask with Agility, Protect, and Baton pass (as well as a focus sash) could easily prepare my Smeargle with at least a +3
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7468

RM Smeargle Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Smeargle Idea   RM Smeargle Idea EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Mistighost wrote:
Pairing it with a Ninjask with Agility, Protect, and Baton pass (as well as a focus sash) could easily prepare my Smeargle with at least a +3

That Ninjask perfectly defines pointlessness and overkill.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
Sponsored content

RM Smeargle Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Smeargle Idea   RM Smeargle Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

RM Smeargle Idea
Page 1 of 1