Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!

Go down 
+2
Darkhunter101
CaseyR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5980

RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)! Empty
PostSubject: RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!   RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)! EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Hey guys, what's up? I have another standard team for you guys to rate. It is for singles (I prefer singles to doubles).

Aerodactyl @Focus Sash
Pressure
Jolly
252Atk / 252Spe / 4HP
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Standard Aerodactyl. Stealth Rock helps with my big fire weakness. Taunt for other leads. Rock Slide for STAB and possible flinch. Earthquake for fires and coverage.

Tangrowth @Leftovers
Leaf Guard
Bold / Impish (Leafstorm or Energy Ball for Bold; Power Whip for Impish)
252HP / 252Def / 4SpD
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Knock Off
-Leaf Storm / Power Whip / Energy Ball

Physical wall. Sleep Powder to stall or force a switch. I Leech Seed whoever is there. Knock Off threatening items. Now for the offensive move, I can go with the standard Power Whip or Leaf Storm to take advantage of Tangrowth's high special attack. I can also use Energy Ball for the same reason as Leaf Storm, but I can use Energy Ball longer and without the special attack drop. Leftovers for extra recovery.

Regice @Leftovers
Clear Body
Calm
252SpD / 252HP / 6SpA
-Charge Beam
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Special tank. Charge Beam > Thunderbolt because Regice has no other move that can raise it's offensive stats. Ice Beam for obvious STAB and coverage. Rest for more annoyance and recovery. Sleep Talk so I can attack in my sleep for even more annoyance Twisted Evil . I don't know if I should put more in special attack or not, what with Charge Beam and all...

Heracross @Choice Scarf
Guts
Adamant
252Spe / 252Atk / 4Def
-Mega Horn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Night Slash

I absolutly LOVE this set because it has excellent coverage. Choice Scarf for the speed boost. Mega Horn for serious STAB. Close Combat for serious STAB aswell. Stone Edge for fire and flying. Night Slash for ghosts and psychics.

Heatran @Choice Specs
Flash Fire
Modest
252SpA / 252Spe / 4Def
-Fire Blast / Flamethrower
-Dragon pulse
-Explosion
-Earth Power

Flash Fire for switch ins on fire attacks to my weak-to-fire Pokemon. Fire Blast or Flamethrower for STAB. Dragon Pulse for dragons. HP Grass for ground types. Earth Power for other fires and coverage.

Slowking @Leftovers
Own Tempo
Calm
252HP / 124SpA / 128SpD
-Thunder Wave
-Fire Blast
-Surf
-Slack Off

Thunder Wave so Slowking is faster than the opponent and possible parahax. Fire Blast for coverage. Surf for STAB and fires. Slack Off to stall.

There's my second standard team. I know it has a huge weakness to fire, but Heatran, Slowking, and Aerodactyl's Stealth Rock will help with that.
What do you guy's think?

Last edited by CaseyR on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6089

PostSubject: Re: RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!   RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:01 am

Give Tangrowth Leaf Guard Instead of Clorophyll seeing as you have no need for it and leaf Guard prevents status conditions which cause problems for walls. Also go for Energy ball, because of Tangrowth's considerably larger Special Attack. I can't think of anything else because of how good the team is but it gets owned by any mixed Fire Type especially Blaziken because it has EQ for Heatran, and Thunder Punch for Slowking and outspeeds them both even w/o a scarf or speed boosting nature.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5711

PostSubject: Re: RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!   RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:38 am

guts for heracross you can fear someone like toxic staller or just send heracross into obvieus(correct my gramar i dont know how to write this) toxic or will-o-wisp
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!   RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 7:34 pm

I'll change the ability to Leaf Guard.

And I put an option on Heracross's ability because I figured if it had Guts, it would be predictable. But yeah, what I said doesn't make sense so I'm gonna go with Guts Smile .
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14534
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

PostSubject: Re: RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!   RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 pm

You have no Sunny Day, so it doesn't matter what Tangrowth's ability is, it wont be in effect.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!   RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Pk Trainer Kanrik wrote:
You have no Sunny Day, so it doesn't matter what Tangrowth's ability is, it wont be in effect.
Well, I figured that if I faced a Sunny Day team, I could wall the fires more easily with more speed.
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5854

PostSubject: Re: RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!   RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:03 pm

CaseyR wrote:
Pk Trainer Kanrik wrote:
Well, I figured that if I faced a Sunny Day team, I could wall the fires more easily with more speed.

You won't be able to wall fire with it anyways as fire attacks get a boost from the sunny day.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6081

PostSubject: Re: RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!   RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:06 pm

CaseyR wrote:
I'll change the ability to Leaf Guard.

And I put an option on Heracross's ability because I figured if it had Guts, it would be predictable. But yeah, what I said doesn't make sense so I'm gonna go with Guts Smile .

there is not much prediction between a Swarm heracross and a Guts heracross. im not saying that they arent different, but either way its a mean physical attacker and they will more than likely try not to burn or toxic your team. but after seeing that a few of your pokemon are walls, he could come in on a toxic or something and get the guts boost.

as for heatran, i prefer Explosion over HP grass (i think thats what you had...) since unless you are sure you can outspeed a ground type you shouldnt come into/stay in on a ground type, so exploding could at least remove the threat; plus you have tangrowth to take care of ground types and taking EQ's, so you wouldnt even need HP grass
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!   RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:19 pm

I have changed it to Explosion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!   RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)! Empty

Back to top Go down

RM Other Standard Team (don't know if that makes sense or not)!
Page 1 of 1