Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Standard Team!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5995

Another Standard Team! Empty
PostSubject: Another Standard Team!   Another Standard Team! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:01 am

Aerodactyl @Focus Sash
Pressure
Jolly
252Spe / 252Atk / 4HP
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Standard Aerodactyl. Stealth Rock to rack up the damage on threatening fires. Taunt to stop other leads. Rock Slide for STAB and fires. Earthquake for coverage and, again, fires.

Arcanine (R-K-9) @Leftovers
Intimidate
Impish
252HP / 252Def / 6Atk
-Flare Blitz
-Roar
-Will-o-wisp
-Toxic

My somewhat custom Arcanine. Will-o-wisp, Toxic, and Roar to rack up the Stealth Rock damage and hax. Flare Blitz for STAB.

Lucario @Life Orb
Steadfast
Adamant
252Atk / 252Spe / 6Def (Smogon EVs)
-Swords Dance
-Crunch
-Close Combat
-Extreme Speed

Basic Lucario. Need I say more? Except I switched Inner Focus with Steadfast incase my opponent uses a flinching move.

Weezing @Black Sludge
Levitate
Bold
252HP / 252Def / 6SpA
-Will-o-wisp
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Pain Split

Basic Weezing.

Tentacruel @Leftovers
Liquid Ooze
Calm
252HP / 252SpD / 6SpA
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Knock off
-Rapid Spin

I know what you're thinking; What, no Toxic Spikes? Well, with Arcanine, there's really no need for Toxic Spikes. Knock Off to annoy the opponent. Rapid Spin to clear entry hazards. Surf for STAB and Ice Beam for coverage.

Sceptile @Choice Specs
Overgrow
Timid
252SpA / 4HP / 252Spe
-Energy Ball
-HP Ice
-Focus Blast
-Leafstorm

My special sweeper. Helps clear my ground weakness. Energy Ball for STAB. HP Ice for coverage. Focus Blast for coverage. Leaf Storm for a STAB'd finnisher.

There's another standard team I've come up with. I am tired Sleep and I have probably made a few mistakes and such so don't give me negative comments about me messing stuff up or something. I also don't think I explained things very well, so I'll fix that later.
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
neutral777

neutral777

UT points : 5730

PostSubject: Re: Another Standard Team!   Another Standard Team! EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:22 am

I'd like to understand what your goal was with making the team. Why did you choose these 6 pokemon? What do you want this team to accomplish and how?
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7488

PostSubject: Re: Another Standard Team!   Another Standard Team! EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:43 pm

CaseyR wrote:
There's another standard team I've come up with. I am tired Sleep and I have probably made a few mistakes and such so don't give me negative comments about me messing stuff up or something. I also don't think I explained things very well, so I'll fix that later.
What do you think?

RMT is for constructive criticism, if you just want praise for your team than you are in the wrong place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
song0flife

song0flife

UT points : 5850

PostSubject: Re: Another Standard Team!   Another Standard Team! EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 pm

on Arcanine i say replace Roar with Crunch for coverage and because of roars priority it will be killed off by a STAB'd surf or hydro pump and if its taunted your gonna kill yourself over time due to flare blitz recoil
hope i helped jocolor
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: Another Standard Team!   Another Standard Team! EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Greene wrote:
CaseyR wrote:
What do you think?

RMT is for constructive criticism, if you just want praise for your team than you are in the wrong place.
I meant like misspelling something or using a wrong word. Or messing up moves and abilities. I meant like just posting to say that I made a mistake. I meant if I messed something up, just say it nicely with your post of advice.
I hope that made somewhat sense...
Back to top Go down
neutral777

neutral777

PostSubject: Re: Another Standard Team!   Another Standard Team! EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 am

You still need to post the purpose of the team. What do you want this team to do and how do these pokemon accomplish that?
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: Another Standard Team!   Another Standard Team! EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 7:27 pm

I don't know what the purpose of this team is, or what I want it to accomplish...
It's just a standard team. It doesn't really have a purpose...
Back to top Go down
neutral777

neutral777

PostSubject: Re: Another Standard Team!   Another Standard Team! EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:02 pm

CaseyR wrote:
I don't know what the purpose of this team is, or what I want it to accomplish...
It's just a standard team. It doesn't really have a purpose...

Then it doesn't matter what you do or use.

When you post a team to rate, we have to understand your flow of logic and why you chose what you chose. I have no idea what to say about your team because I don't know what you are trying to accomplish or how.

You don't make a standard team by picking 6 of the 40 OU pokemon and thinking it will work. No, you will get rocked. hard.

Those standard smogon sets are great places to start but you need to tweak the moves and IVs and items to your needs. We can't offer you help if we don't know what those needs are.

So let's get to it:

The obvious point of any team out there is to win. How do you plan to accomplish that with these 6 pokemon? Why did you pick the 6 pokemon that you did? What do they contribute to the team?

I can't make an educated suggestion blind to what you want.

Do you walk into a restaurant and ask the random wait staff to just bring you something you'll like?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Standard Team!   Another Standard Team! Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Standard Team!
Page 1 of 1