Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help My Standard Team!

Go down 
+4
nikodem123asdf
The Average Battler
Rysta
CaseyR
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5995

Help My Standard Team! Empty
PostSubject: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:00 pm

I need help with my standard team! I've tried my best to make this team. And this is the team I'll be using in standard battles, so please do not use this against me.
And, yes, this is for singles.

Ambipom @Life Orb / Silk Scarf
Technician
Adamant / Jolly
252Atk / 252Spe / 6HP
-Fake Out
-Taunt / Pursuit / Payback
-Double Hit / Pursuit / Payback
-U-turn

Basic lead Ambipom. Fake Out on first turn. Then Taunt if I want to stop other leads from setting up, or I can go with Thunder Wave to paralize some Pokes, or I can Pursuit If a ghost comes out. I'm leaning on Pursuit. Then I can ether U-turn out, or stay in and Double Hit.

Forretress @Leftovers
Sturdy
Relaxed
252HP / 124Def / 124SpD / 10Atk
-Toxic Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball / Earthquake / Explosion / Light Screen(?)

My spinner and supporter. Stealth Rock on first turn, then set up two layers of Toxic Spikes. Rapid Spin for clearing entry hazards to my team. For the last slot, I can Gyro Ball for power and STAB, Earthquake to stop fire types, Explosion for ...well, exploding if I think I don't need Forretress anymore. And Light Screen if I want to boost my team's special defense, which it lacks.

Donphan @Life Orb / Choice Band / Choice Scarf(?)
Sturdy
Adamant
252Atk / 204Def / 52HP
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb
-Stone Edge / Ice Shard
-Assurance / Ice Shard

My physical sweeper. Great attack and defence make Donphan an excellent sweeper. Okay, Earthquake for STAB. Seed Bomb for coverage. Stone Edge for flyers or Ice Shard for dragons and priority. I can go with Assurance for the last slot if I want ghost coverage, like Gengar, if those silly ghosts think they can counter it. I don't know if I should choose a Choice Band for more power, or a Life Orb so I can access all my moves. I don't about Choice Scarf though, because even with it, Donphan isn't that fast.

Alakazam @Choice Specs
Inner Focus / Synchronize
Modest / Timid
252SpA / 252Spe / 6SpD
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast / Signal Beam
-Energy Ball / Shock Wave / Signal Beam / HP Fire / HP Ice

My special sweeper. Psychic for STAB. Shadow Ball for ghosts and other psychics. Focus Blast for darks and some normals and some steels. I can use Signal Beam for confusionhax and darks and psychics. I can use Energy Ball for bulky waters like Swampert and Quagsire. Thunderbolt for coverage and some bulky waters. HP Fire for steels. HP Ice for dragons.

Dragonite @Leftovers / Lum Berry
Inner Focus
Adamant
84Atk / 224HP / 200Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Roost

My awesome tank. Dragonite can take hits like a total beast. Dragon Dance to boost attack and speed. Dragon Claw for STAB. Earthquake for coverage. Roost for healing properties.

Infernape @Life Orb
Blaze
Adamant
252Atk / 252Spe / 6SpD
-Earthquake / Mach Punch / Taunt (if I don't go with Taunt on Ambipom)
-Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
-Shadow Claw / Mach Punch / Taunt (if I don't go with Taunt on Ambipom)
-Stone Edge

Earthquake for coverage. Mach Punch for STAB and priority. Flare Blits or Fire Punch (so I don't get recoil) for STAB. Taunt if I didn't go with Taunt on Ambipom. Shadow Claw for coverage. Stone Edge for flyers.

I can't decide between Infernape and Salamence. For those of you who who have read this before, yes I replaced the Flareon idea with Salamence. I found that Salamence is somewhat bulky, which is what I'm looking for. Here's the Salamence idea.

Salamence @Life Orb
Rash
80HP / 252SpA / 176Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast / Flamethrower
-Brick Break
-Roost

Yes. This is a smogon set. for explaination, go here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/salamence

What do guys think about this new option?

Well, there's my standard team! Tell me your suggestions and advice so I can make my team better! And, again, please do not look at this before a battle with me or something.

Last edited by CaseyR on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:31 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rysta

Rysta

UT points : 5640

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:13 pm

You're better off making Flareon a special wall, as you need one on your team. Run Calm nature with Wish/Lava Plume/Toxic/Protect if you want a wall.

Beware that your team can easily be swept by SubAgilityPetaya Empoleon if you don't run Mach Punch on Infernape.

Run choice band on Donphan, I have used it on Shoddy and it is ultimate. I used EQ/Ice Shard/SE/Assurance.
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Does this mean I should go with Infernape over Flareon?
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5869

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:33 pm

CaseyR wrote:
Does this mean I should go with Infernape over Flareon?

Flareon is a bad pokemon, and perhaps the worst Eeveelution. Yes, go with Infernape.
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Flareon is not a bad Pokemon, It has awesome special defense and attack. It just doesn't have the best attacking moves. I bet if Flareon could use Flare Blitz (Which it and Entei deserve), it would be used as much as the other Eeveelutions.

Last edited by CaseyR on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Rysta wrote:
Beware that your team can easily be swept by SubAgilityPetaya Empoleon if you don't run Mach Punch on Infernape

What if I go with Mach Punch, Flare Blitz/Fire Punch, Stone Edge, Earthquake(or Taunt if I don't use it ion Ambipom) on Infernape? Would that work?
Back to top Go down
Rysta

Rysta

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:51 pm

CaseyR wrote:
Flareon is not a bad Pokemon, It has awesome defenses and attack.
You mean Special Defense and Attack. Remember that it's Health and Defense are slightly stronger than paper and that it's Speed is just as bad.
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:08 pm

Rysta wrote:
CaseyR wrote:
Flareon is not a bad Pokemon, It has awesome defenses and attack.
You mean Special Defense and Attack. Remember that it's Health and Defense are slightly stronger than paper and that it's Speed is just as bad.

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:13 pm

It's still not a bad Pokemon.
But, sigh, if you guys insist, I'll scratch the whole Flareon idea. I wanted a bulky fire type, and I thought Flareon would be a good choice. Because my team has a fire weakness, and with Flash Fire, I could overcome that.
Back to top Go down
Rysta

Rysta

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:16 pm

One word: Arcanine. But if you don't use infernape, SubPetayaAgility Empoleon will massacre you, they're rare though which is good. You better find a counter for it.
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:19 pm

I was just looking at Arcanine. But, I've decided that I'll just go with Infernape because I think it's the best choice.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5726

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:30 am

alakazam doesnt learn thunderbolt
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6096

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:51 am

nikodem123asdf wrote:

he's right ^^ but it does learn the super weak shockwave... go for signal beam. obviously much better accuracy than focus blast but they do make a good combo on most alakazams so you may want to use both. i dont see a big swampert weakness so i wouldnt go with energy ball unless you really think you do since donphan has seed bomb and dragonite can wall until it is roared
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7488

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:31 am

saxman1324 wrote:
nikodem123asdf wrote:

he's right ^^ but it does learn the super weak shockwave... go for signal beam. obviously much better accuracy than focus blast but they do make a good combo on most alakazams so you may want to use both. i dont see a big swampert weakness so i wouldnt go with energy ball unless you really think you do since donphan has seed bomb and dragonite can wall until it is roared

Shock Wave isn't so weak coming from Alakazam and I've found it quite useful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:37 am

Greene wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:
nikodem123asdf wrote:

i nvr did well using shock wave on my alakazam, but i suppose almost any special attack coming from Alakazam (especially specs'd of course) will be strong. if you need the electric move then go for it
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7720

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:20 pm

Hey saxman... Dragonite doesn't wall swampert... It's the othe way around. Plus, every swampert these days has ice beam so it'll be taken out pretty quickly.

No shadow claw on infernape. And no taunt either (use i on ambipom). You need to have close combat instead of shadow claw. Alakazam is going to be outspeeding you anyways, and a super effective shadow claw also has 40 less power than a neutral flare blitz.

Double hit on ambipom is unreliable i think when you have the 100% accurate stab return to work with. It has basically the same power as double hit (like 4 less power) but it will be hitting all the time. Payback > pursuit in this case and thunder wave isn't the best move for an attacking ambipom.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:22 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
Greene wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:
nikodem123asdf wrote:

i nvr did well using shock wave on my alakazam, but i suppose almost any special attack coming from Alakazam (especially specs'd of course) will be strong. if you need the electric move then go for it

There is always hp electric, but I don't know if it's stronger than shock wave or not.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Hey saxman... Dragonite doesn't wall swampert... It's the othe way around. Plus, every swampert these days has ice beam so it'll be taken out pretty quickly.

o i suppose im more used to roaring swamperts with : roar, SR, EQ, and Surf. then your definitely going to want more grass attacks on the team
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7488

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Hey saxman... Dragonite doesn't wall swampert... It's the othe way around..

Actually Swampert doesn't wall Dragonite either, not resisting Outrage, EQ or E-Speed, and after a DD getting taken out by the most former.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:35 pm

I changed Thunderbolt to Shock Wave.
And, Shnoogle, I like Double Hit better on Ambipom. It just works out better for me. For instance, Double Hit won't KO anything on the first hit (unless the opponent doesn't EV train or something), so it'll break sashes. And on the second hit, it can get a possible KO.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:38 pm

I specifically meant his d nite (only dragon claw and like 80 attack evs if i remember correctly)

And swampert can take a max attack life orb DD outrage from salamence and still survive... So i'm pretty sure he can take a weaker d claw from dragonite and then KO with an ice beam/ avalanche

You already have fake out foe sashers... and you cannot touch steels anyways with double hit
It's a preference thing i guess
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
I specifically meant his d nite (only dragon claw and like 80 attack evs if i remember correctly)
Sigh, she.

And swampert can take a max attack life orb DD outrage from salamence and still survive... So i'm pretty sure he can take a weaker d claw from dragonite and then KO with an ice beam/ avalanche

You already have fake out foe sashers... and you cannot touch steels anyways with double hit
But I can only use Fake Out on the first turn. After I use it, I have no other STAB move.

Answers in bold.
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6569

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:52 pm

CaseyR wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
Sigh, she.

But I can only use Fake Out on the first turn. After I use it, I have no other STAB move.

Answers in bold.
agreed
just keep double hit
and on alakazam, just go with focus blast and energy ball, as it gives the best coverage
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:57 pm

Ok... Um, i'm pretty sure that return is a STAB move on ambipom so i don't know where the logic in you saying that was

And sorry, i have no way of knowing you are a girl
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
CaseyR wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
Sigh, she.

Answers in bold.
agreed
just keep double hit
and on alakazam, just go with focus blast and energy ball, as it gives the best coverage

Nope, focus blast, signal beam, and psychic give it the best coverage but you are swampert weak so put energy ball in the extra move slot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help My Standard Team!   Help My Standard Team! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help My Standard Team!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next