Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jumpluff Problems

Go down 
+2
song0flife
Nagi-Nagi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6852

Jumpluff Problems Empty
PostSubject: Jumpluff Problems   Jumpluff Problems EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Just trying to find the best way to use this in my Empire of the Sun team. This isn't exactlly a pokemon that causes damage. but causes status and drain. I would like any suggestions you guys give me, but keep in mind that I play doubles only.

Pokemon: Jumpluff (Kawaii!!!)
Nature: Jolly/Bold
Ability: Leaf Guard
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252Spe/152HP/100Def/6Sp.D
Set:
-Sleep Powder/Toxic/Cotton Spore
-Encore/Protect
-Leech Seed
-Sunny Day/Grass Knot

What should I choose?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
song0flife

song0flife

UT points : 5831

Jumpluff Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumpluff Problems   Jumpluff Problems EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:01 pm

i would say go bold with toxic for damage. protect for scouting. and grass knot so not walled by taunters
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7469

Jumpluff Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumpluff Problems   Jumpluff Problems EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Jolly for nature, Sleep Powder, Protect, Leech Seed, U-turn/Seed Bomb for moves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
Blumey

Blumey

UT points : 5372

Jumpluff Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumpluff Problems   Jumpluff Problems EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Jolly Nature, substitute, Encore/U-turn, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and let someone else set up the sun Jumpluff doesn't have the life to do it w/out suicide. Wide Lens for Maximum Accuracy of Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. Hope this helps!!
Back to top Go down
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6852

Jumpluff Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumpluff Problems   Jumpluff Problems EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:29 pm

@SongofLife:

I would most likely go for your set, but Toxic might take away the health I would try to leech off of. Also, Protect can also stall for leeching.

@Greene:
Staying with Bold because I notie that 319 speed is fine in UU/NU. I don't want U-Turn or Seed Bomb because Jumpluff is generally weak and this is not meant to actually attack. Grass Knot is an option, though, as most UU/NU walls are generaly heavy and neutural to grass.

@Blumy:
Staying with bold. Substitute is an all around cheap move, so I don't use it. It's not meant to attack, so no U-Turn. I already have a pokemon with Sunny Day, but it may set it up late if it runs out.

I don't have a Wide Lens.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
Mistighost

Mistighost

UT points : 5287

Jumpluff Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumpluff Problems   Jumpluff Problems EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:44 pm

I'd go for U-Turn so that when Jumpluff is done setting up, he can u-turn away to another sweeper. Grass Knot does seem tempting, but Jumpluff doesnt have the potential to pull it off like a special sweeper could.
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7469

Jumpluff Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumpluff Problems   Jumpluff Problems EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Nagi-Nagi wrote:
@SongofLife:

I would most likely go for your set, but Toxic might take away the health I would try to leech off of. Also, Protect can also stall for leeching.

@Greene:
Staying with Bold because I notie that 319 speed is fine in UU/NU. I don't want U-Turn or Seed Bomb because Jumpluff is generally weak and this is not meant to actually attack. Grass Knot is an option, though, as most UU/NU walls are generaly heavy and neutural to grass.

@Blumy:
Staying with bold. Substitute is an all around cheap move, so I don't use it. It's not meant to attack, so no U-Turn. I already have a pokemon with Sunny Day, but it may set it up late if it runs out.

I don't have a Wide Lens.

319 isn't fine in NU, especially for a lead. One of the most common leads in NU is Scarf Primeape who can OHKO you with Stone Edge or Fire Punch, and even if you carry a Sash its Vital Spirit means you can't put it to sleep. The fact that it is scarfed makes Encore worthless, and effectively Leech Seed too since after it takes you out after activating the Sash you will bring in a counter and so it will switch out anyway.

Bold is worthless since anything with half decent physical attack will still OHKO your big cotton ball since its physical defense sucks beans.

On song's advise, denying Toxic because it takes away health is stupid, are you seriously naive enough to think this Jumpluff can completely wal out the opponent from full HP to zero from Leech Seed???

On blumey's advise, saying sub is a cheap move is, for lack of a better word, retarded. Substitute means nothing, get up a sub, great, I bring in something you can't hurt, then its pointless. If you are going to put stupid restrictions like that on yourself then there's no point in getting sets rated since you are obviously ok with settling for mediocre at best.

On the note of saying it isn't meant to attack, guess you've never heard of Taunt.

On the point of saying most NU walls are neutral to grass and heavy, common walls include, Leafeon, Arbok, Articuno, Magneton, Vileplume, Kecleon, Meganium, Noctowl, Vespiquen, and Torkoal. All of these resist grass, and most aren't heavy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6077

Jumpluff Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumpluff Problems   Jumpluff Problems EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Greene wrote:
Jolly for nature, Sleep Powder, Protect, Leech Seed, U-turn/Seed Bomb for moves.

totally agree with greene on the moveset, in fact thought of this set before i even saw his comment since it is a very affective set. and you may say that its not meant to be an attacker (whether there is taunt or not), but they will be switching a lot due to sleep powder and leech seed, so the chance to gain the upper hand can be very valuable. U-turning will also give you the chance to break sashes for your sunny day sweepers to come in. sorry if its not what your hoping for but its a great staller and somewhat pseudo hazer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jumpluff Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumpluff Problems   Jumpluff Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Jumpluff Problems
Page 1 of 1