Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deffensive Lucario

Go down 
+11
cdplayar
AABB
UUSHITTON
saxman1324
Mrdragon206
noheartx
Neku
ScizzorTrainer
Shnoogle
Zapirak
infernoflash
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
infernoflash

infernoflash

UT points : 5386

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:37 am

Lucario@Leftovers/Damage reducing barry
Nature:Bold
EVs:252 Def/252 HP/ 6 Sp.Atk(6 Atk if using Phys. moves.)
-Iron D
-Aura Sphere/Brick Break
-Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse/Crunch
-Roar (Love that move xD)
Ability:Steadfast

EVs & Nature
As you can se, he will be trained to take Phys. moves. So hte EVs are so he can take thso moves with a little help from Iron D.

Moves
Iron D is the main move for this set (which you problebly understand). Roar is just great move. Can really destroy Sub and Stat boost users. Then, i really don't know. That's wher i need help. I dunno if i should use Phys. move or Sp.Atk moves... I need i litle hepl there...

Well, i know this set really is not the best. But i love originallity. ^^
Back to top Go down
Zapirak

Zapirak

UT points : 5334

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:19 am

you'll probably want a healing move, maybe protect for leftovers recovery. Go for brick break, breaks screens that can hurt your team

Oh, go for shuca berry or occa- more common to hit lucario with earthquake and fire blast than something fighting-related
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7713

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Maybe not the best defensively, but i bet if someone switches in fear of a CC you can grab an easy defense boost with iron defense

As far as move choice goes, aura sphere and shadow ball provide PERFECT type coverage, so I would advise those as your attacking options... Plus aura sphere is stronger and his special attack is higher

Brick break isn't so useful as it is pretty low powered and screens are not that common
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
ScizzorTrainer

ScizzorTrainer

UT points : 5440

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:40 pm

My first thought was, 'Oh god, no.'
But seeing the strategy, it seems like a legitimate strategy.
It still fears Earth power, but that's what roar is for.
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5698

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:44 pm

I agree with Shnoogle's advice and although not the best stats for a wall that certain element of surprise will aide you, however, you really need to be careful because this thing won't wall as well as the premier walls of OU, so know your limits. By the way, not to be anal or anything, but you spelled defensive wrong haha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

UT points : 5442

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:07 pm

yea this is cool i like it but you really only need one attack you could replace the other move with a good support move
Back to top Go down
Mrdragon206

Mrdragon206

UT points : 5223

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:31 pm

The surprise factor is a pretty big key to this set... so make sure it doesn't catch on =P
Back to top Go down
infernoflash

infernoflash

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 5:49 am

@Neku
Ops, got a litle wrong there. xD

Well, i gues i'll go with Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball then. And yes i know it is not a perfekt Wall, but with a Iron D boost or 2 it can work. ^^
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6089

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:59 am

Tough to set up but viable when you get the defense up. agreed that Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere for the attacks
Back to top Go down
UUSHITTON

UT points : 5195

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 pm

THIS TEAM IS TROLLING WEAK

Owait it isn't even a team
Back to top Go down
AABB

UT points : 5254

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:33 pm

UUSHITTON wrote:
THIS TEAM IS TROLLING WEAK

Owait it isn't even a team

The this ^.

Congrats! You wasted a turn boosting one of your subpar defenses! Now let's roar and wait for some decently powerful physical attacker or any special attackers to kick your @$$!
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7933

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Two Posters Above Me Clearly Don't Know Proper Grammar And Forum Ediquite
Anyways,
Im Concerned That A Special Attack Walrein Would Destroy You
Cause It Has To SP DEF Evs
Try Splitting HP & SP DEF
Cause It's An Easy Kill For Any Special Attacker.

And Also, Use The Moves Shnoogle Suggested.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
AABB

UT points : 5254

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:46 pm

cdplayar wrote:
Anyways,

Is that you're only arguement? It must be, since I am correct.

How can something with 70/70/70 defenses POSSIBLy pull off a defensive set? Not to mention Luke is weak to three of the more common attacking types. You can give it ev's, but especially when you're using a move with -6 priority (roar), YOU WILL DIE QUICKLY. Also, walrein is the least of his problems. Are you people aware of the caliber of strength that pokes hit nowadays from BOTH sides of the spectrum? The only real advantage this set has is being able to cause a switch, due to Luke's formidable offensive reputation.

Wow. Just wow.
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6562

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:56 pm

AABB wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
Anyways,

How can something with 70/70/70 defenses POSSIBLy pull off a defensive set? Not to mention Luke is weak to three of the more common attacking types. You can give it ev's, but especially when you're using a move with -6 priority (roar), YOU WILL DIE QUICKLY. Also, walrein is the least of his problems. Are you people aware of the caliber of strength that pokes hit nowadays from BOTH sides of the spectrum? The only real advantage this set has is being able to cause a switch, due to Luke's formidable offensive reputation.

Wow. Just wow.
sorry but i have to agree with u there aabb
sd lucario is much better, it completely rips apart unprepared teams
plus with no recovery, you'll die quickly
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7933

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:12 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
AABB wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
Anyways,

Wow. Just wow.
sorry but i have to agree with u there aabb
sd lucario is much better, it completely rips apart unprepared teams
plus with no recovery, you'll die quickly

What I'm Trying To Put Across Is That With No Special EVs You're Screwed
And Im Not Saying 70/70/70
I Said Split HP
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
TheOSC

TheOSC

UT points : 5502

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:19 pm

AABB wrote:
cdplayar wrote:
Anyways,

Wow. Just wow.

I hate to agree (and passably make me sound like a huge @$$), but its true. This set is bunk. I have said this a few times today, sometimes originality is just a gimmick and overall ineffective. Originality is great but only if it is feasible and a Def Luke build simply put isn't. You can't take a pokemon and look at it as if any pokemon can do anything, you have to look at the stats. 70/70/70 a wall does not make (not even tanking status right there). Luke is a sweeper, thats what his stats dictate and no amount of EV training will change that, simply make him bad at two things. (Also once again i hate to sound so mean) but WALREIN!!! he is not a common threat, don't mention him.
Back to top Go down
infernoflash

infernoflash

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Hey, i just wanted to be original. I know he has bad Def. And for Recovery, i can just give him Rest+Chesto instead of Roar.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:10 pm

infernoflash wrote:
Hey, i just wanted to be original. I know he has bad Def. And for Recovery, i can just give him Rest+Chesto instead of Roar.

Dont listen to them...
If someone says something that appears logical, then others will just hop on the bandwagon

His sweeper status forces many switches, allowing an easy +2 defense boost. What you could do is this -

Replace roar for HP ice and take enough EVs from defense and transfer them to special attack to OHKO gliscor and give it a shuca berry (to weaken a ground attack). So it works like this...

Opponent sees lucario, they predict a crunch or close combat so they switch out to their salamence, gliscor or other bulky flying type to absorb the hit. You iron defense while they switch in. They either predict a switch and go for a DD (salamence) or perhaps even taunt from gliscor once he sees iron defense, but you slam them with a HP ice. Even if they EQ, after an iron defense and the shuca berry, it is a 50 power move on your normal defenses (from salamence) and a 75 power move from gliscor. (idk if you understood how I did that but whatever).
So this set's surprise factor is its main benefit. After the opponent knows your secret, they prob will switch in special sweepers/attackers so just start attacking instead of iron defensing
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm

or said gliscore just uses EQ and owns you... like i said his stats are bad for tanking/walling
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:00 pm

TheOSC wrote:
or said gliscore just uses EQ and owns you... like i said his stats are bad for tanking/walling

Or with the set i suggested in the previous post, considering max defense, HP a shuca berry, and a iron defense on the switch in, a standard 31 attack IV, 0 attack EV gliscor can do a max of 16.57% to lucario

Oh yeahhhh

New calc -
Assuming max hp, and 31 sp defense iv, 0 sp defense ev gliscor, a 31 special attack iv lucario has a 58.57% chance to OHKO the gliscor in return with HP ice after stealth rock damage (doing a max without sr of 344 hp)
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Your assuming that he is running the shuca though... not always going to be the best choice. Your also forgetting that plenty of teams run some form of forced switching (Roar, Whirlwind, ect). The second that someone sees Luke they will probably switch to a wall (or the very least a tank), then if that wall has roar, (like I said not uncommon) unless you one hit him (very unlikely with such low offensive EVing) you will be roared out and they will get to set up an actual defense (Stockpile, Iron defense, Ect). I'm not saying that the Luke has 0% chance of working, but he is not a wall/tank. The stats are not there to support him in this roll imo. Who knows maybe the simple surprise of Def. Luke will be enough, but switching the common SD Luke with one that Iron Defenses instead just seems like a bad plan, as they will be switching into a wall with roar every time (If their team has one).
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Ok when a person sets up a SD lucario, they are going to try to kill it quickly, not roar it away. That would be stupid, I meam think about that for a second.
A max attack SD life orbed close combat one shots skarmory, so do you think pokemon are going to take a hit then roar it so it could come in later and dish out even more damage?

And yes, I was assuming the shuca berry. Because that is how it stops its best counter, gliscor, the most common switch in for lucario.. Who, btw, doesnt pack roar in his normal moveset

Mayne it won't work, maybe it will, but I say it's worth a try and it still has the raw attacking stats and moves to 2HKO many things without any investment
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Considering that not everyone will be running the pokes your suggesting he will match against (Skarm and Glis) and I know for a fact that Hippo, (very common wall) can take a hit from luke like a champ, I would have no problem roaring on something that is boosting DEFENSE or offense. Especially if it will give me a chance to EQ him before he gets to re-boost his Def stat and stack another SR damage on the Luke. Not to mention the Defense boosting move that they may run (Stockpile, Iron Defense). Like I said, I can see this working off surprise but a standard tank/wall seems like it would do the job much better with less setup.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Well, idk what kind of hippowdon u use, but the first set on smogon that produces 347 def, 420 HP takes at least 80% and at most 95% (not counting SR) from adamant life orbed lucarios CC

So roar is redundant when you have EQ.

K im not posting about this topic anymore, its making me a little frustrated
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:07 pm

I run a Simistall team with Stockpile/Roar/Slackoff/Toxic-Earth Quake (depending on how I have been doing that day.) and with this team my Hippo would wall a Luke just fine (Not to mention why is he SDing if he is going to hit him with HP ice... Sp attack moves are not boosted by SD). RMT on smogon is linked to in my sig banner if you want to see the full team and Hippo. Granted he is not a standard Hippo but like I said with this poke I have no problem switching in and either roaring or at the very least out lasting Luke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deffensive Lucario Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario Empty

Back to top Go down

Deffensive Lucario
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next