Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deffensive Lucario

Go down 
+11
cdplayar
AABB
UUSHITTON
saxman1324
Mrdragon206
noheartx
Neku
ScizzorTrainer
Shnoogle
Zapirak
infernoflash
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7723

Deffensive Lucario - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:54 pm

Sorry i got off for a while to eat and shower and stuff

Yeah iv run the same set (maybe different evs i dont remember)

But when i said the hp ice thing, i was referring to his iron defensing set who had aura sphere and shadow ball as the other two attacking options. I recommended hp ice over roar is all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5657

PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:10 pm

AABB wrote:
How can something with 70/70/70 defenses POSSIBLy pull off a defensive set? Not to mention Luke is weak to three of the more common attacking types. You can give it ev's, but especially when you're using a move with -6 priority (roar), YOU WILL DIE QUICKLY. Also, walrein is the least of his problems. Are you people aware of the caliber of strength that pokes hit nowadays from BOTH sides of the spectrum? The only real advantage this set has is being able to cause a switch, due to Luke's formidable offensive reputation.

Agreed. You beat me to it.

~~

I see where you're going trying to go with this; I've had similar ideas. However, with paper thin defenses and lack of a recovery move (bar Rest), I'm afraid this just won't work. Neutral
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

UT points : 5512

PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Sall gewd dood. Also I think we should start over here. Sup, Im TheOSC I like pokemon and Competitive battling. Interesting Luke set although I feel that it would be a slot better filled by other pokemon. However the surprise factor may give me what you need to get a competitive edge.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7723

PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 pm

hi im Shnoogle and i have a drinking problem... Sike jk jk
I like battlin to, but lately not as much. I love debating this kind of stuff though which is why i kept this up with you :]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

UT points : 5294

PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:06 am

Just making sure this thread ended in "obviously will not work". Just not worth it. At all.
Back to top Go down
infernoflash

infernoflash

UT points : 5396

PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:14 am

Herpdidderp wrote:
Just making sure this thread ended in "obviously will not work". Just not worth it. At all.
Have you tried? It may not look like it will work, but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

UT points : 5294

PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:59 pm

infernoflash wrote:
Herpdidderp wrote:
I spent the early part of my days in competitive just making tons and tons of gimmick sets and teams. I've come to learn what conventionally works and what doesn't. If all special threats are gone and the team is generally weak anything with Iron Defense can wall, but you basically aren't doing jack **** with this set. Why not just use something with Curse like Steelix?
Back to top Go down
infernoflash

infernoflash

UT points : 5396

PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
infernoflash wrote:
Herpdidderp wrote:
I spent the early part of my days in competitive just making tons and tons of gimmick sets and teams. I've come to learn what conventionally works and what doesn't. If all special threats are gone and the team is generally weak anything with Iron Defense can wall, but you basically aren't doing jack **** with this set. Why not just use something with Curse like Steelix?
Like i said, i want to be original. Anyway, i don't really feel like discusing this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deffensive Lucario   Deffensive Lucario - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deffensive Lucario
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2