Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with mono-type water team?

Go down 
+2
Paulus
pynni
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pynni

UT points : 5197

Help with mono-type water team? Empty
PostSubject: Help with mono-type water team?   Help with mono-type water team? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Okay, so, I am totally new here, and I looked around and this seemed to be the right place to go for this kind of thing. If I am wrong, please forgive me. Also, if I'm not down with your lingo, please forgive me. I'm new to the competitive battling scene, though I've been a casual player of Pokemon for a number of years (try eleven).

So, as the subject suggests, I'm trying to build a mono-type water team, and I need help. Or, more to the point, I have built a mono-type water team, it fails, and I need help. It's for double battles, and I'm not making it for any specific tier, but I'm still not going to use any ubers.

I'm not asking for you guys to build me a whole team; that's too much, and I still like to think that I'm the one that made the team, not just copying somebody else, but if you could give me any suggestions for strategies or Pokemon to use, or anything like that, would be great.

Some things that I have already established...

A Vaporeon and Quagsire to be Surf Buddies, being sent out together and, in moments of need, using Surf, healing each other thanks to Water Absorb.

A STAB'd, Huge Power'd, Choice Band'd, Rain Dance'd Aqua Jet on Azumarill. It has proven quite useful to me in the past, even when it isn't super effective.

And that's about it so far, really. Like I said, I've completed the team, but so far, these are the only two things that have really WORKED for it so far. So, if you guys could help out in any way, with any strategies that would work well in a mono-type water team, that would be great. I'm also looking for somethings that are kind of unconventional. I want to surprise people with this team somehow, but I lack the knowledge unfortunately. Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

UT points : 5229

PostSubject: Re: Help with mono-type water team?   Help with mono-type water team? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:40 pm

well for that azumarill i would say not to use raid dance with him,Choice band'd isnt usefull then
you should set up raid dance with a different or use a life orb instead of the choice item

have a look at http://www.smogon.com/dp/types/water
Back to top Go down
pynni

PostSubject: Re: Help with mono-type water team?   Help with mono-type water team? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Paulus wrote:
well for that azumarill i would say not to use raid dance with him,Choice band'd isnt usefull then
you should set up raid dance with a different or use a life orb instead of the choice item

Well, yes, Rain Dance would be set up by somebody else. And I appreciate the link, but it doesn't really shed any light on any strategies.
Back to top Go down
TheOSC

TheOSC

UT points : 5500

PostSubject: Re: Help with mono-type water team?   Help with mono-type water team? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:10 pm

pynni wrote:
Paulus wrote:

Well, yes, Rain Dance would be set up by somebody else. And I appreciate the link, but it doesn't really shed any light on any strategies.

honestly to me it does. (the list helping your team that is)

a mono type water team is a gimmick. not a strategy, winning takes strategy and a plan. you're team will have terabad synergy if the only type you run is water. and by that I meen grass/electric are not uncommon types in the metagame and tons of sweepers boast them. Grassknot, Energy Ball, Hidden Power, Thunderbolt, ect. not to mention the common OU pokemon that will dominate you (Electivire he is fast and will 1 shot your whole team if you run strictly water, My empolion would do a number to you as well (with hp electric and rest+sleep talk) he will kill you heal up and kill you again.)

Basically drop the MONO water. if you want a water team great, run it with pokemon who all have water as a main or secondary type but not necessarily the only type. One or two is fine (OMG VAPOREON IS SO GEH TO MY TEAM SOMETIMES XD) but you need safe switches and good type coverage.
Back to top Go down
pynni

PostSubject: Re: Help with mono-type water team?   Help with mono-type water team? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:29 pm

TheOSC wrote:
honestly to me it does. (the list helping your team that is)

a mono type water team is a gimmick. not a strategy, winning takes strategy and a plan. you're team will have terabad synergy if the only type you run is water. and by that I meen grass/electric are not uncommon types in the metagame and tons of sweepers boast them. Grassknot, Energy Ball, Hidden Power, Thunderbolt, ect. not to mention the common OU pokemon that will dominate you (Electivire he is fast and will 1 shot your whole team if you run strictly water, My empolion would do a number to you as well (with hp electric and rest+sleep talk) he will kill you heal up and kill you again.)

Basically drop the MONO water. if you want a water team great, run it with pokemon who all have water as a main or secondary type but not necessarily the only type. One or two is fine (OMG VAPOREON IS SO GEH TO MY TEAM SOMETIMES XD) but you need safe switches and good type coverage.

Okay, allow me to clarify some things... One, I never said that having a monotpye team was a strategy in and of itself. That's why I am here, trying to find out what strategies involving water Pokemon might go well into a monotype team. Because the fact of the matter is, water is by far my favorite type, and I want a monotype water team, and I need to find a way to make it work. And I never said that it would be water only for every Pokemon (did I not mention Quagsire?). There are plenty of other Water/??? Pokemon out there that I like, too, that resist/are neutral to Grass and/or Electric (Kingdra and Lanturn topping the charts for me).
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

UT points : 5229

PostSubject: Re: Help with mono-type water team?   Help with mono-type water team? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:09 pm

the you should use lanturn or whiscash to that the electric moves but even so you cant get around grass type moves
maybe a kingdra and walrein could take some hits but that way you will only be switching for less damage

but please m8,give it a try,if you can make it work
if you can get around you're weakness then ill take everything back Wink
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5762

PostSubject: Re: Help with mono-type water team?   Help with mono-type water team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:17 am

maby you should first think of a team and we will inprove it that what this thread is for
this is a sugguesion not a flame or somthing

cloyster is a good water type and watre types means azumaril x-)
Back to top Go down
77pudding

77pudding

UT points : 5712

PostSubject: Re: Help with mono-type water team?   Help with mono-type water team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Empoleon is a good water type thats typing helps it resist grass types. Wishcash would be good for electric types. Garaydos and Pelipper are also good against grass types. Also Lanturn is a good bulky water.
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5696

PostSubject: Re: Help with mono-type water team?   Help with mono-type water team? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:25 pm

pynni wrote:
Okay, so, I am totally new here, and I looked around and this seemed to be the right place to go for this kind of thing. If I am wrong, please forgive me. Also, if I'm not down with your lingo, please forgive me. I'm new to the competitive battling scene, though I've been a casual player of Pokemon for a number of years (try eleven).

So, as the subject suggests, I'm trying to build a mono-type water team, and I need help. Or, more to the point, I have built a mono-type water team, it fails, and I need help. It's for double battles, and I'm not making it for any specific tier, but I'm still not going to use any ubers.

I'm not asking for you guys to build me a whole team; that's too much, and I still like to think that I'm the one that made the team, not just copying somebody else, but if you could give me any suggestions for strategies or Pokemon to use, or anything like that, would be great.

Some things that I have already established...

A Vaporeon and Quagsire to be Surf Buddies, being sent out together and, in moments of need, using Surf, healing each other thanks to Water Absorb.

A STAB'd, Huge Power'd, Choice Band'd, Rain Dance'd Aqua Jet on Azumarill. It has proven quite useful to me in the past, even when it isn't super effective.

And that's about it so far, really. Like I said, I've completed the team, but so far, these are the only two things that have really WORKED for it so far. So, if you guys could help out in any way, with any strategies that would work well in a mono-type water team, that would be great. I'm also looking for somethings that are kind of unconventional. I want to surprise people with this team somehow, but I lack the knowledge unfortunately. Thank you in advance.
I know you're not asking us to give you a set but please, if you want help post it according to our format (read RM Format in this section) Post a legitimate RM and then we'll help you bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with mono-type water team?   Help with mono-type water team? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with mono-type water team?
Page 1 of 1