Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TT: Tank Torterra

Go down 
+2
CaseyR
RadioactiveRaichu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RadioactiveRaichu

RadioactiveRaichu

UT points : 5579

TT: Tank Torterra Empty
PostSubject: TT: Tank Torterra   TT: Tank Torterra EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Hey people. I was making a new team and was in need of a tank. I also needed something to hit fire types and wall rock. I came up with a Torterra after using one in the platinum battle frontier. Well, this is what I came up with:( Changes are in bold)

Torterra@ Chesto Berry "Gibbs" (if you watch NCIS youll know what I mean)
Ability: Overgrowth
Nature: Impish (Debatable)
EV's: 252 HP, 174 Sp. Def, 84 Atk

Moves:
Curse (To Beef up the Tank)
Earthquake(Stab for pesky steels)
Stone Edge (Coverage) or Crunch (Pesky Ghosts and Psycics) or Seed Bomb(Stab+coverage)
Rest(For what rest is made for)

The only thing wrong with the moveset is it wont hit levitating ghost types (Gengar, Rotom, etc.) So the the moves are very debatable. If I find that a different move set is better I will change it. Constructive Criticizim is accepted.

Last edited by RadioactiveRaichu on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioactiveRaichu
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5990

PostSubject: Re: TT: Tank Torterra   TT: Tank Torterra EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:52 pm

I say Seed Bomb over Return so you can hit ghosts and bulky waters.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7715

PostSubject: Re: TT: Tank Torterra   TT: Tank Torterra EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:11 pm

switch the HP EVs with the attack EVs because after a curse your STAB EQ will destroy anyways and you will need to have all the life you can because you are so slow.

Is this for OU? You mentioned gengar so I assume so, but I am not quite sure, but if it is not, replace rest with synthesis and give it leftovers. The reason I say if it is not OU then do this is because all the sandstorm teams will cut synthesis' recovery to 1/4 of its max HP.

And regarding its nature, after a few curses your opponent is going to do his best to attempt to force you out with special attackers such as alakazam so change the nature to careful to beef up its special defense so you can strike back for the kill after you get hit

Rock slide or Stone edge is the best move choice for the third slot as it is the best move coverage torterra can get with 2 moves as I am aware of. Crunch is also an option to hit levitating psychics
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5649

PostSubject: Re: TT: Tank Torterra   TT: Tank Torterra EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Return is a poor option with Earthquake when you have Stone Edge or a STAB Wood Hammer.

But to be perfectly honest, I don't think this will work. To be an efficient Curser, you must have a decent Atk and Def stat and a very good SpD stat. Torterra doesn't have the SpD to make this work, and the 4x weakness to Ice will hold you back big time.
Back to top Go down
Don Fawful

Don Fawful

UT points : 5768

PostSubject: Re: TT: Tank Torterra   TT: Tank Torterra EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:47 am

I would suggest switching the Def EVs to SpDef EVs torterra isnt all too bulky on the special side though so you might want to consider a different tank. But otherwise it will work fine. Seed Bomb over Return is also a must it's stab and with a couple of curses plows through entire teams that arent ready for the natural turtle.
Back to top Go down
http://cnagf.forumotion.com/forum.htm
RadioactiveRaichu

RadioactiveRaichu

UT points : 5579

PostSubject: Re: TT: Tank Torterra   TT: Tank Torterra EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:44 am

This team is meant for cross tier. Just a general team I would use for youtube challengers. My team consists of NUs and UUs and not sure if one is OU though. Im keeping rest for rain dance teams or sandstorm, or hail. Rest is just better overall. And I also have leftovers on my two walls so I cant give torterra leftovers. Also this will be my first team that I dont use an action replay on. It will be 100% Breed pokemon. Once I get Soul Silver.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioactiveRaichu
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5700

PostSubject: Re: TT: Tank Torterra   TT: Tank Torterra EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:57 am

Hm, looks like everything has already been said. It'll work decent with Youtube friends I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TT: Tank Torterra   TT: Tank Torterra Empty

Back to top Go down

TT: Tank Torterra
Page 1 of 1