Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate My First Competitive Battling Team

Go down 
+3
Shnoogle
noheartx
Duskboi
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duskboi

Duskboi

UT points : 5195

Rate My First Competitive Battling Team Empty
PostSubject: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi guys finished off my first team yesterday please rate.

Bad Crab (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk/134 Speed/124 HP
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Knock Off

Ok so I set up with Crawdaunt so while there either switching or messing about with Spikes/Toxic Spikes/SR it can DD up itself. I try to get at least 2 DD's in at least but sometimes I am forced to switch or i need to knock off. After DD'ing I bassicaly try to sweep off as much of their team as possible

Tusk'z (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability:Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/188 Atk/68 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Right so my Spinner/ SR Support is donphan. I prefer Earthqake over stone edge as it has 100 accurcy and gets a nice STAB bounus. Ice shard is for those 4x weak Dragons and Flying types which avoid Earthquake.

Typhlossy (Typhlosion) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability:Blaze
EVs: 252 SAtk/252 Speed/4 HP
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
-Overheat(Please don't post stuff about HP because it's Hidden Power is poison lol)

My Thphlosion is my SAtk sweeper/Revenge Killer. It can out speed all Non-Scarfed pokemon I think. Overheat is just there for when eruption looses its touch and because I coudn't get the HP I wanted.

One Eye (Dusknoir) (M) @ Leftover (Unless I'm not allowed 2 of the same items on a team in which case I dont know what to use)
Ability:Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/204 SDef/52 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Pain Split
- Fire Punch
- Will-0-Wisp
-Shadow Sneak

Dusknoir or One Eye is my main wall. Pain Split as a basic healing move, Wisp to cripple physical sweepers Shadow sneak to finish things off, and Fire Punch mainly because I HATE Heracross

Pro Hat (Honchcrow) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability:Imnosia
EVs: 240 HP/252 SDef/8 speed/8 Def
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Phycho Shift
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
-Heat Wave

I use my Honchcrow as a wall. Yes I know. Sounds a bit weird but I thought of the idea and some guys on this forum helped me out and I used this design. Roost as a healing move and Phsycho Shift to burn tingz. Heat Wave for ******* Heracross and dark pulse because it gets STAB. My 8 speed evs allows me to just out speed an Adamant Rhyperior (stone edge) and burn it first.

ArmDildo (Armaldo) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability:Battle Armour
EVs: 252 Atk/204 Speed/52 HP
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
-SuperPower

Finally my Choice Banded Armaldo. This basically just sweeps through opposing teams (hence the name Sweeper). X-Scissor is the best bug move out there and stone edge is decent with STAB. SuperPower is a filler but I would probaly switch after 1/2 uses depending on the opposing pokemon.

Ok thats it please rate and if I can use more than 1 item on my team please ell me something I could use on Dusknoir/Donphan instead

Last edited by Duskboi on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

UT points : 5444

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:02 pm

it looks pretty good although i dont get the wall honchcrow Neutral

also i wouldnt go for 3 fire moves on typhlosion maybe switch overheat or flamethrower (whichever you prefer) with hp grass/ice/elec hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:40 pm

noheartx wrote:

also i wouldnt go for 3 fire moves on typhlosion maybe switch overheat or flamethrower (whichever you prefer) with hp grass/ice/elec hope that helps
Ye the wall Honchcrow was an origional idea of mine. Also my typhlosion has HP posion so its ot rly helpful lol
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:04 pm

Duskboi wrote:
noheartx wrote:

Ye the wall Honchcrow was an origional idea of mine. Also my typhlosion has HP posion so its ot rly helpful lol

well you could make a new one (which i doubt u wanna do) or you could put grass knot on him
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:23 pm

noheartx wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
noheartx wrote:

well you could make a new one (which i doubt u wanna do) or you could put grass knot on him

lol it doesn't learn Grass knot

But, there is no need for 4 fire attacks. Replace either flamethrower or fire blast with focus blast for flash fire pokemon like houndoom and heatran.

I really think you can replace your DD crawdaunt with a DD gyarados because they do the same thing, but gyarados has better stats in everything except sp. attack, which doesn't matter on a physical set. I guess you could say that crawdaunt has 6 more base defense, but with Gyara's ability intimidate, it boosts that defensive stat pretty high. Here is the set if you want to try it out.

Rate My First Competitive Battling Team S_gyarados

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Attack / 96 Def / 184 Speed
Intimidate
Adamant Nature... +Attack, - Sp. Attack
~Dragon Dance
~Taunt
~Waterfall
~Bounce

OK so here is the bulky gyara, one of the best offensive, yet defensive beasts in OU. This guy can set up on many leads like Swampert and Heatran (but be careful of the potential explosion), while they struggle to do any real damage to Gyarados. Taunt Swampert so it cannot set up Stealth Rock, and same with Heatran, but switch out because of the inevitable explosion coming your way. The EVs guarantee that standard life orb Heatran cannot 2HKO you with fire blast even after SR damage, and that Scizor cannot 2HKO with quick attack after SR damage. Besides that, they provide good bulk to aid in sweeping. The speed EVs assure that you always outrun max speed jolly T-Tar, and max speed Azelf/Starmie after a dance.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
noheartx

noheartx

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:29 pm

really? i couldve sworn he could learn it
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:48 pm

noheartx wrote:
really? i couldve sworn he could learn it

lol yup he cannot learn grass knot
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:05 am

Shnoogle wrote:
noheartx wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
noheartx wrote:

But, there is no need for 4 fire attacks. Replace either flamethrower or fire blast with focus blast for flash fire pokemon like houndoom and heatran.

I really think you can replace your DD crawdaunt with a DD gyarados because they do the same thing, but gyarados has better stats in everything except sp. attack, which doesn't matter on a physical set. I guess you could say that crawdaunt has 6 more base defense, but with Gyara's ability intimidate, it boosts that defensive stat pretty high. Here is the set if you want to try it out.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
~Dragon Dance
~Taunt
~Waterfall
~Bounce

OK so here is the bulky gyara, one of the best offensive, yet defensive beasts in OU. This guy can set up on many leads like Swampert and Heatran (but be careful of the potential explosion), while they struggle to do any real damage to Gyarados. Taunt Swampert so it cannot set up Stealth Rock, and same with Heatran, but switch out because of the inevitable explosion coming your way. The EVs guarantee that standard life orb Heatran cannot 2HKO you with fire blast even after SR damage, and that Scizor cannot 2HKO with quick attack after SR damage. Besides that, they provide good bulk to aid in sweeping. The speed EVs assure that you always outrun max speed jolly T-Tar, and max speed Azelf/Starmie after a dance.
I am currently making an OU team in which Ghyra will go (along with Dusknoir) I know Crawdaunt used to be NU but I don't know if its been 'promoted to UU because of DD. So Crawdaunt's gonna be used in my UU/Nu team Ghyra in my OU team. Thanx for the help and comments Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:08 am

Im guessing since no-one has mentioned the Double leftovers then its allowed?
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5885

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:09 am

Shnoogle wrote:
noheartx wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
noheartx wrote:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
~Dragon Dance
~Taunt
~Waterfall
~Bounce

Um...Perhaps EQ over bounce..So that he doesn't get killed by electric types after the DD. Bounce will only help against grass/bug types and there aren't as many of those in OU.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:16 am

Beastof2000 wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
noheartx wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
noheartx wrote:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
~Dragon Dance
~Taunt
~Waterfall
~Bounce

Um...Perhaps EQ over bounce..So that he doesn't get killed by electric types after the DD. Bounce will only help against grass/bug types and there aren't as many of those in OU.

Sorry I'm new to all this... EQ?
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5885

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:42 am

EQ means earthquake. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
Coaster
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Coaster

UT points : 6560

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:00 am

Duskboi wrote:
I am currently making an OU team in which Gyara will go (along with Dusknoir) I know Crawdaunt used to be NU but I don't know if its been 'promoted to UU because of DD. So Crawdaunt's gonna be used in my UU/Nu team Gyara in my OU team. Thanx for the help and comments Very Happy
No, Crawdaunt hasn't moved to UU from what I know. Dragon Dance didn't really help it as much as it helped Whiscash, but it has definitely helped more than Tropius :/

Well, if you're building this for UU/NU, then Honchkrow isn't allowed since it is currently in the BL tier. If you still want a Psycho Shifter, than I may suggest Noctowl:

Rate My First Competitive Battling Team 164
Noctowl @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 4 Speed
Ability: Insomnia
Calm Nature ( + Special Defense, - Attack )
~ Psycho Shift
~ Roost
~ Nightshade
~ Whirlwind / Reflect

Just like the smogon set, just switching the items so you can continuously burn other pokemon. Roost for recovery, Nightshade for the usual 100 damage, and either Reflect if you need more support, or Whirlwind to shuffle up your opponent's team.
Otherwise, this seems like a decent UU/NU team. Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:20 am

Beastof2000 wrote:
EQ means earthquake. Smile
KK thanx
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:01 pm

Beast - let's look at the electric Pokemon in OU that EQ hits for super effective damage...

Zapdos - None
Jolteon - Outspeeds even after a DD and KOs with Thunderbolt, and you always OHKO with 2 DDs up with waterfall
Electivire - You outspeed after a DD and do 87.97%-104.12% with that +1 Waterfall. A GUARANTEED OHKO with SR down

EQ is not worth the wasted moveslot for Electivire as Waterfall also covers Fire, rock, and Steel pokemon fine.
Not to mention, you cannot even touch Bronzong with EQ, nor Skarmory. Metagross is never OHKOed with a +1 EQ, doing 67.03%-79.12% to standard choice band varients. Jirachi would only be switching in on Gyara if it is scarfed, so you should switch out anyways expecting the obvious thunderpunch/thunderbolt. I guess Empoleon is another pokemon worth taking into consideration, but when you think about it, Gyara can use it as set-up fodder as they typically carry only Surf and Ice beam as attacking moves, and you can taunt it to prevent it from setting up an Agility.

Bounce is an incredible move for getting leftovers recovery and dealing with pokemon Gyara has major trouble with such as Celebi. Also, it helps scout Choice Items and it can be used on a predicted switch to a faster opponent so you get free damage in with possible paralysis, and it is good neutral coverage as well. Not to mention it is gyarados' most powerful attack, and Saxxy will agree with me on this point - It is great for blocking explosions from pokemon like forretress lol.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

UT points : 5160

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Basically to add to what shnoogle said, Bounce and Waterfall have practically perfect coverage, along side the fact that they are STAB moves, a +1 waterfall will be hitting hard enough and electrics that gyara can't OHKO with a +1 waterfall after SR, well it shouldn't be staying in anyways.....
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:25 am

Juggernaut wrote:
Basically to add to what shnoogle said, Bounce and Waterfall have practically perfect coverage, along side the fact that they are STAB moves, a +1 waterfall will be hitting hard enough and electrics that gyara can't OHKO with a +1 waterfall after SR, well it shouldn't be staying in anyways.....
Ye i supoose but the thing about bounce is that it gives my opponent time to switch and set up
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 8:43 am

Duskboi wrote:
Juggernaut wrote:
Ye i supoose but the thing about bounce is that it gives my opponent time to switch and set up

Think about this for a second...

Your gyaradosswitches in on something that cannot do much damage to it, such as a Choice locked Scizor into Bullet Punch, which, after intimidate and the Choice band and resistances and allt aht stuff taken into account, bullet punch is a mere 45 power, neutral move on bulky gyarados. Who in their right mind would stay in? So they switch to Celebi as you go for the Dragon Dance, knowing they have to switch. You then use Bounce, knowing it is your stongest move on their Celebi. Now think about their options... the only pokemon who resist flying type moves are steel and rock type pokemon, none of which can outspeed gyarados at +1 Speed. Rock pokemon will be destroyed by waterfall after switching in to take the bounce, and Steel type pokemon cannot do much to hurt gyarados in general, and waterfall hurts many of them as it is (Steelix, Heatran, Lucario etc...) The only pokemon that really do not mind the combo of Flying/Water are Metagross, who cannot hurt gyarados unless it has Thunderpunch or Explosion, and if it switches into you, then switch out to your dusknoir to take the explosion) Empoleon (who is set-up fodder for versions lacking HP [Electric] and the rare grass knot), and Skarmory and Bronzong (who EQ both cannot touch, and the latter cannot do much to Gyarados).
Bounce is definitely the superior option in bulky Gyara's case

Oh, and I forgot of another OU electric pokemon who isn't hurt by EQ - Rotom-A, and even though it resists bounce, it is at risk of being paralyzed and it at least does some damage to a Rotom form switching in
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:42 am

Shnoogle wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
Juggernaut wrote:

Your gyaradosswitches in on something that cannot do much damage to it, such as a Choice locked Scizor into Bullet Punch, which, after intimidate and the Choice band and resistances and allt aht stuff taken into account, bullet punch is a mere 45 power, neutral move on bulky gyarados. Who in their right mind would stay in? So they switch to Celebi as you go for the Dragon Dance, knowing they have to switch. You then use Bounce, knowing it is your stongest move on their Celebi. Now think about their options... the only pokemon who resist flying type moves are steel and rock type pokemon, none of which can outspeed gyarados at +1 Speed. Rock pokemon will be destroyed by waterfall after switching in to take the bounce, and Steel type pokemon cannot do much to hurt gyarados in general, and waterfall hurts many of them as it is (Steelix, Heatran, Lucario etc...) The only pokemon that really do not mind the combo of Flying/Water are Metagross, who cannot hurt gyarados unless it has Thunderpunch or Explosion, and if it switches into you, then switch out to your dusknoir to take the explosion) Empoleon (who is set-up fodder for versions lacking HP [Electric] and the rare grass knot), and Skarmory and Bronzong (who EQ both cannot touch, and the latter cannot do much to Gyarados).

Oh, and I forgot of another OU electric pokemon who isn't hurt by EQ - Rotom-A, and even though it resists bounce, it is at risk of being paralyzed and it at least does some damage to a Rotom form switching in
Ok im convinced lol. I caoght an adamant gyhrados last night so ill make this for my OU team
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:16 pm

lol ok... you may have to adjust the EVs if the speed IV isn't 31 so you can still outrun tyranitar before a DD, and starmie/azelf after a DD
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
lol ok... you may have to adjust the EVs if the speed IV isn't 31 so you can still outrun tyranitar before a DD, and starmie/azelf after a DD
Erm how do I check the IVs?
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Duskboi wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Worked out its Ivs... Calculator says 4-6 Speed. Do Ivs work the same as eEVs ( as in 4 Ivs =1 Stat) and is it worth trying to cathc/breed for another?
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Duskboi wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Worked out its Ivs... Calculator says 4-6 Speed. Do Ivs work the same as eEVs ( as in 4 Ivs =1 Stat) and is it worth trying to cathc/breed for another?

You need to get another gyarados lol. At least 25+ speed (which really isn't too hard if you breed)

No they don't work the same. 1 IV means 1 bonus to that stat. The max IVs for any one stat is 31. All of the EVs were assuming a 31 IV for every stat, so if you have 30 IVs in speed, give gyara 4 more speed EVs than I suggested to still retain the same speed stat. If you have a 4-6 speed IV as you say yours has, then that means you need (31-4 = 27... 27*4 = 108) either 100, 104, or 108 extra speed EVs, so the extra time to find one would be beneficial
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:35 am

Shnoogle wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

You need to get another gyarados lol. At least 25+ speed (which really isn't too hard if you breed)

No they don't work the same. 1 IV means 1 bonus to that stat. The max IVs for any one stat is 31. All of the EVs were assuming a 31 IV for every stat, so if you have 30 IVs in speed, give gyara 4 more speed EVs than I suggested to still retain the same speed stat. If you have a 4-6 speed IV as you say yours has, then that means you need (31-4 = 27... 27*4 = 108) either 100, 104, or 108 extra speed EVs, so the extra time to find one would be beneficial

Ok i'll do that
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:15 am

Shnoogle wrote:
Duskboi wrote:
Juggernaut wrote:

What about stone edge?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate My First Competitive Battling Team   Rate My First Competitive Battling Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate My First Competitive Battling Team
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next