Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cool Team Combination

Go down 
+2
Kias
Lysithix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lysithix

UT points : 5146

Cool Team Combination Empty
PostSubject: Cool Team Combination   Cool Team Combination EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sand Stream
EV Spread: 130 Atk / 255 Def / 125 Speed
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Dark Pulse
Hidden Power (Ice)

Quagsire @ Focus Sash
Nature: Rash
Ability: Damp
EV Spread: 255 Sp. Atk / 125 HP / 130 Sp. Def
Water Pulse
Waterfall
Earthquake
Mud Bomb

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Solid Rock
EV Spread: 255 Sp. Atk / 255 Sp. Def
Lava Plume
Earthquake
Earth Power
Sunny Day

Torterra @ Meadow Plate
Nature:Mild
Ability: Overgrow
EV Spread: 255 Sp. Atk / 255 Atk / 4 HP
Earthquake
Solar Beam
Synthesis
Wood Hammer

Castform @ Blaze Plate
Nature:Modest
Ability:Forecast
EV Spread: 255 Sp. Atk/ 255 Spd
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Flame Thrower
Weatherball

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability:Sand Veil
EV Spread: 125 HP/ 255 Sp. Atk / 130 Spd
Dragon Rush
Draco Meteor
Crunch
Dragon Dance

It seems like a well constructed team, and I have all the pokemon to start creating it for playtesting Very Happy. Any advice?
Back to top Go down
Kias

Kias

UT points : 5157

PostSubject: Re: Cool Team Combination   Cool Team Combination EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:56 am

Lysithix wrote:
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Dark Pulse
Hidden Power (Ice)

Quagsire @ Focus Sash
Water Pulse
Waterfall
Earthquake
Mud Bomb

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Lava Plume
Earthquake
Earth Power
Sunny Day

Torterra @ Meadow Plate
Earthquake
Solar Beam
Synthesis
Wood Hammer

Castform @ Blaze Plate
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Flame Thrower
Weatherball

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Dragon Rush
Draco Meteor
Crunch
Dragon Dance

It seems like a well constructed team, and I have all the pokemon to start creating it for playtesting Very Happy. Any advice?

What exactly are you going for with the Tyranitar? Sp. Attack or Attack? If you were going for Attack, then I don't see a point in having two special attacks and one physical attack. Also, this defeats the purpose for Dragon Dance since it raises Attack and Speed, not Special Attack. This would be my suggestion:

Attack Tyranitar
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Payback/Crunch/Stone Edge
- Ice Punch/Dragon Claw

Their are better candidates for Special Attackers so I would make Tyranitar a Physical Attacker. That would be my suggestion. Very Happy

EDIT: Also, see if you can find a way to throw in some status affecting moves like Toxic or Thunder Wave and just to be safe, throw in a Heal Bell or Aromatherapy just to cover all your bases. I will say your team is very offensive. I would be a little intimidated if I faced you, but would soon realize that the status effectors might give you trouble. D:
Back to top Go down
http://igorixx.deviantart.com/
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7718

PostSubject: Re: Cool Team Combination   Cool Team Combination EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:16 am

If you make that T-Tar physical...

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Jolly Nature... +Speed, -Sp. Attack
~Dragon Dance
~Stone Edge
~Crunch
~Aqua Tail/Earthquake

For the last slot, you either want Aqua Tail for bulky ground pokemon like Hippowdon and Gliscor, or EQ for Steel types.
Another option is runnning Fire Punch in the last slot and choosing babiri berry as an item choice. This makes teams who use Scizor to revenge kill the majority of the opponents pokemon at a disadvantage, as bullet punch after a babiri berry will only deal around 50% Damage (Max attack, choice band on Scizor... 31 Def IV on T-Tar) while you swifty KO with fire punch
The Jolly nature allows you to outpace max speed Starmie and Azelf after a dragon dance (you have 364 speed after a dance)

By the way, you do know that Tyranitar knows Ice Beam, right? So there is no reason to have HP [Ice]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
iEaturCake

UT points : 5287

PostSubject: Re: Cool Team Combination   Cool Team Combination EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:38 pm

Lysithix wrote:
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Dark Pulse
Hidden Power (Ice)
No point in HP Ice or Dark Pulse, and T-tar is a phsyical attacker. others have posted movesets, use one of theirs. and a choice scarf is useless with dragon dance, so change the item to maybe a life orb or babiri berry for steel-types (or whatever berry reduces fighting-type moves)
EVs:200 attack/184 Def/120Spe. I think if you're getting D-dance you don't need as much speed and you really should use more attack.

Quagsire @ Focus Sash
Water Pulse
Waterfall
Earthquake
Mud Bomb
-.- no no, I'm sorry. Here:
Nature:Brave(+atk,-Spe)(quag has naturally low speed, so make use of it. its also a physical attacker)
Ability:Water Absorb (i find it more useful than damp)
EVs:252 Atk/124HP/132Sp. Def
Earthquake
Waterfall
Curse
Ice Punch
Now, you're ably to hit those dragons and grass types, get 2 STAB moves, and curse to get a def/atk boost

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Lava Plume
Earthquake
Earth Power
Sunny Day
No point in EQ after you have earth power and no Atk EVs, so replace it with some status move or rock polish if you want some speed.
EVs:252 Sp.Atk/Sp.Def, 4Spe

Torterra @ Meadow Plate
Earthquake
Solar Beam
Synthesis
Wood Hammer
Synthesis gets a nice boost with cast's sunny day, but watch out when using EQ. you might kill the little thing. You should also watch out for woodhammer's recoil, and I'd replace solar beam w/ energy ball in case you're sunny day fails on you.
again, change EVs to:
252 Sp.Atk/Atk, 4HP

Castform @ Blaze Plate
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Flame Thrower
Weatherball
Theres no point in getting weatherball and flamethrower, as both will be fire-type. replace flamethrower with ice beam to give you some dragon coverage if chompie dies.Also you might want to consider heat rock so you keep your fire-type longer.
EVs:252 Sp. Atk/252Spe, 4 HP

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Dragon Rush
Draco Meteor
Crunch
Dragon Dance
I prefer D-claw/Outrage over rush, but thats because I'm an accuracy person. I also don't see why you would get 255 Sp.Atk for two reasons: 1)255 isn't divisible by 4, and 2) if you're going to use special, why D-dance?
So I would change it to this:
Nature:Lonely
EV spread: 124HP/ 252Atk/ 132 Spd
-D-dance
-D-claw/outrage
-Crunch
-EQ
This keeps you physical, and gives you ground coverage +another STAB move

My comments are in green. Pretty new to rating teams, hope you like my suggestions. Also, I did it from bottom to top, so you might wanna start there. Also, is this doubles or singles?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iEaturCake
Duskboi

Duskboi

UT points : 5198

PostSubject: Re: Cool Team Combination   Cool Team Combination EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:30 am

Theres no pint in using items like blaze plate because they only give you 1/10 more power. Its better to use itmes like choice band/ specs and life orb
Back to top Go down
owned

UT points : 5211

PostSubject: Re: Cool Team Combination   Cool Team Combination EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:39 am

ok wow, no offense, but this team is just horrible
take the advice of ieaturcake
also, garchomp/s uber, and it certainly cant learn dragon dance
i suggest finding an ev training guide and learning more about competetive battling
also, use 252, 252, 6 for ev spreads instead of 255, 255, as u are wasting a stat point
overall, just find a battling guide about evs, movesets, etc, especially since scizor, the #1 most used ou poke, will completely massacre ur team
Back to top Go down
iEaturCake

UT points : 5287

PostSubject: Re: Cool Team Combination   Cool Team Combination EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:48 pm

owned wrote:
i suggest finding an ev training guide and learning more about competetive battling
also, use 252, 252, 6 for ev spreads instead of 255, 255, as u are wasting a stat point
overall, just find a battling guide about evs, movesets, etc, especially since scizor, the #1 most used ou poke, will completely massacre ur team

Here's an EV training guide that helped me out:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olRBAVlNuo0

strange, I was unaware garchomp couldn't learn dragon dance. You could still replace it with swords dance, but it might be good to invest some of your HP evs into speed because garchomp can't learn DD. Also if you want to deal with scizor or ice-types, you could replace crunch with fire fang.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iEaturCake
owned

UT points : 5211

PostSubject: Re: Cool Team Combination   Cool Team Combination EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:11 pm

iEaturCake wrote:
owned wrote:

Here's an EV training guide that helped me out:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olRBAVlNuo0

strange, I was unaware garchomp couldn't learn dragon dance. You could still replace it with swords dance, but it might be good to invest some of your HP evs into speed because garchomp can't learn DD. Also if you want to deal with scizor or ice-types, you could replace crunch with fire fang.
garchomp's uber anyway so it really doesnt matter
its not like he can use it in ou
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool Team Combination   Cool Team Combination Empty

Back to top Go down

Cool Team Combination
Page 1 of 1