Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
iEaturCake

UT points : 5280

Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated) Empty
PostSubject: Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated)   Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:28 pm

I've been having a little trouble thinking of my team, and can't seem to figure out how to do this.

Leads:
Sudowoodo (Male) @ Salac Berry
Trait:Rock Head
EVs:252 Atk/252 Spe/ 4 HP
Nature:Jolly (+Spe, -Sp.A)
-Wood Hammer
-Explosion
-Sucker Punch
-Endure

This is mainly just because I didn't want to send in my trickroomer first, but I'm willing to change him for something else. Wood Hammer to take care of the Water and Ground types, sucker punch if I can predict a move that I don't think can OHKO me, and endure to activate salac berry, letting me use Explosion next turn so I can finish things off (assuming I can outspeed things, not sure about how fast everything is in NU)

Hipopotas (Male) @ Focus Sash
Trait:Sandstream
EVs:252 Atk/ 252 HP/ 4 Def
Nature:Brave (+Atk, -Spd)
-Protect
-Dig/EQ
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge

SR for obvious reasons. Protect is for scouting and when Sudo needs to explode.Dig or EQ for stab, and stone edge to deal with flying types. The problem I have with this is that I'm pretty sure hipopotas is UU, but I wanted permanent sandstorm. again, I can replace it.
------
Claydol (genderless) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs:220 Def/ 182 Sp.Def/ 104Sp.Atk
Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
-Trick Room
-Psychic
-Grass Knot/Charge Beam/Rapid Spin/Sandstorm
-Grass Knot/Charge Beam/Rapid Spin/Sandstorm
Trick room is really what I need on this. Psychic to deal with the fighting types Armaldo (coming next) has problems with covering. Grass Knot-Water/ground coverage, good for bulky pokes. Charge Beam-Just plain water coverage, plus a sp.a boost Rapid Spin- my spinner. Sandstorm- in case my perm storm goes down from a raindance, etc. I know for sure this is UU, looking for replacements. Needs to TR and preferably not affected by sandstorm.
Armaldo (Female) @ Shell Bell
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave (+Atk, -spe)
-X-scissor
-Rock Slide
-EQ
-Swords Dance

Yes, its smogon's swords dance armaldo, but with a shell bell. I decided to change the speed EVs for HP/def because its TR (they suggested it for this case), and replaced stone edge for rock slide because 1)I'd rather hit both foes and 2) I don't like to rely on 80-accuracy moves
Bastiodon (female) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpA
Quiet (+Sp.A, -Spe)
-Metal Sound
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam
-T-bolt
Yes, again, a smogon. This is the metal sound set, and the only changes I made was expert belt. I don't like how I'm lacking in a stab move.

Cradily (Male) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
-Rock Slide
-Curse
-Seed Bomb
-Rest

Yup yup, the chesto berry set from smogon. I really like this one.
---------------------
Issues with this team:
I'm lacking a special sweeper (unless you count bastiodon)
I'm lacking a special wall
I have 2 UU pokemon (hipopotas, claydol), and can't think of their replacements
I don't think my sudowoodo will be doing that well
If my 5 turns goes up and claydol faints, I'm destroyed.
I'm not all that great at coming up with EVs
---------------------
So, if you'd like to comment on why you like/dislike this team, what pokemon/moves I should switch out, etc., feel free to post it. Thnx!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iEaturCake
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7711

PostSubject: Re: Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated)   Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 pm

hippopotas is NFE, not UU lol...
solrock and lunatone are the only NU trick roomers with a sand storm immunity

Bastiodon specially attacking just doesn't work... try a more defensive set. Since you got the original from smogon, just go there for another set
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
iEaturCake

PostSubject: Re: Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated)   Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
hippopotas is NFE, not UU lol...
solrock and lunatone are the only NU trick roomers with a sand storm immunity

Bastiodon specially attacking just doesn't work... try a more defensive set. Since you got the original from smogon, just go there for another set

I kjnow its NFE, however on smogon I got this:

Quote :
UU

One thing Hippopotas has going for it is that expectations of it are low, as it is mostly just a means to set up both Stealth Rock and a permanent sandstorm. If it sets up Stealth Rock then dies, then its purpose has been served. If it sets up Stealth Rock, poisons something, and manages to scout a couple members of the opposing team, then a standing ovation may be in order.
link:http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/hippopotas
So I figured that even though its NFE, its used in UU battles.

Lunatone or Solrock... I think lunatone, so that'll replace claydol. I think I can use Solrock first to explode everyone and set up TR, so that might be able to replace sudowoodo. will update my team when I get it all figured out.

In the case of bastiodon not being a special attacker, I can either replace him for a special sweeper or just make him a wall. then again, now I can use the taunt/metal burst set. thnx for suggestions
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7711

PostSubject: Re: Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated)   Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:57 pm

it isnt UU dude

it is giving an overview for his value in UU play, being the only UU pokemon to set up sandstorm. However, he is NFE and can be used in any tier
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
iEaturCake

PostSubject: Re: Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated)   Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:40 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
it isnt UU dude

it is giving an overview for his value in UU play, being the only UU pokemon to set up sandstorm. However, he is NFE and can be used in any tier

thnx for clarifying, now I have no problem with it Laughing Laughing Laughing

Okay, now to think.
Back to top Go down
iEaturCake

PostSubject: Re: Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated)   Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated) EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:58 pm

I think I'm gonna replace bastiodon as a special atker for lunatone(new sp. sweeper):
Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated) Lunatone

Lunatone (genderless) @Leftovers/Shell Bell/Life Orb/??? ** Night
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/120Def/72Sp.Def/64HP
Quiet (+Sp.A, -Spe)
-Psychic
-Paint Split/Ice Beam/Earth Power/Signal Beam/Ancient Power/HP rock
-Calm Mind
-Paint Split/Ice Beam/Earth Power/ Signal Beam/Ancient Power/HP rock

The EVs are a little random, but I know I wanted to max out my Sp.A. Since I'm using calm mind I didn't think I needed as much in Sp.Def since this isn't my lead, so I should have trick room set up by then, meaning I can set up a calm mind before getting hit.
Psychic for STAB, calm mind to help more, and the defense to take some more hits.

Now the choice of moves: Pain Split to get back some HP I lost while setting up, or signal/ ice beam for coverage on grass-types. Ice would help with dragons (thought I have rock slide on armaldo and I don't know about the dragons in NU), while signal beam helps with dark-types. Earth Power I'm not sure I should have, I think AP or HP rock is better. HP rock over AP, but if I can't get it then I go for AP.

And items, I can go leftovers or shell bell for HP, but with pain split I can get back some of the HP from life orb. Or I can use a completely different item.
------------------------------
Now for Solrock, replacing claydol for my TrickRoomer (new physical wall):
Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated) Solrock
Solrock (genderless) @ Leftovers/Light Clay/Sitrus Berry/??? ** Day
EVs: 252Def/160Sp.Def/96Atk
Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
-Trick Room
-Explosion/Zen Headbutt
-Reflect/Sandstorm/Stealth Rock
-Stealth Rock/Reflect/Sandstorm
Trick room is just to give my team speed, explosion/zen headbutt so I'm not walled by taunt. Reflect is to keep my defenses up (all my pokemon are part rock-type except hipopotas, so they get a 50% boost in Sp.D), Sandstorm in case my permstorm goes down, stealth rock in case for some odd reason I can't set it up or they have a spinner (in which I would set up SR after killing it, hoping they only have one).
Evs: I need some attack to do a little damage with explosion/ZH, and less Sp.Def thanks to storm. Defense because this is my phys wall.
Items: I can have leftovers to recover a little while setting up or light clay if I get reflect. Sitrus berry if I get low on HP, por again, just an item.
---------------------
Okay, instead I'm ripping the support set from smogon for bastiodon:
Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated) Bastiodon

Bastiodon (male) @ Leftovers/??? ** CstlCrashr
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
-Rock Blast
-Toxic
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

Okay, so Rock Blast helps break subsitutes (so says smogon), keeps me from getting walled by taunt, and I like the move overall. Toxic+SR+Roar gives me SR damage and I can toxic them all. EVs are for survival. I switched the nature to suit the trickroom team, and then kept the leftovers. I put the "???" in in case anyone can think of anything better.

So, whaddya think? These guys are replacing claydol/sudowoodo as a lead(to set up TR)(solrock), bastiodon as a special attacker (lunatone), and bastiodon became a support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated)   Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated) Empty

Back to top Go down

Trickstorm NU team (some help would be appreciated)
Page 1 of 1