Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bulky Groudon

Go down 
+4
dragonmxz
Gir
Shnoogle
Sweetness
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sweetness

Sweetness

UT points : 5327

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Okay, so I trained this Groudon some time ago but I wanted to know what you guys thought of it, so here it is:

Groudon@Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpDef, 126 HP, 126 Def, 4 Atk
Moves:
-Eruption
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Protect
-Stealth Rock/Protect/Substitute

This Groudon is built to take hits. Pretty obvious. I used this set mostly for Doubles, which is why I have Eruption and Rock Slide. I take my first turn to throw up some SR and then my partner (Bronzong) sets up screens. Eruption is there only because of its ability. Even with no SpAtk EVs, it can OHKO most Pokemon who are susceptible to Fire-type moves. EQ is mainly for STAB and power. Rock Slide is for Flying/Ice/Fire/Bug-type and the occasional flinch, but I could throw that for Protect. Stealth Rock is entry hazard. Again, I can toss it for either Protect or Substitute.

Feedback, comments, whatever you have. I'd be more than glad to listen to your suggestions in regards to the above set.

Last edited by Sweetness on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sweetbitterdarkness
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7709

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Eruption requires that you use speed, so you need some lol
And your careful nature cuts into your Sp. attack which is just bad. And sadly, there are really no natures that work on this set because you do not want to decrease your defenses/attack/sp. attack. Take out eruption and replace it with stealth rock and place protect in the last slot if this is doubles
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6259

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:49 pm

In addition, 126 is NOT divisible by 4 -_-
Back to top Go down
Sweetness

Sweetness

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:18 pm

L wrote:
In addition, 126 is NOT divisible by 4 -_-
So 124 or 128 would be better?
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6259

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 9:14 pm

The problem with your set goes FAR beyond the EVs. For example, Eruption, even under the sun, is not enough in a metagame thrilled with Latias, Kyogre and Dialga. Ho-Oh has becomed WAY more popular since he got Brave Bird, and his resistance to Eruption plus its fantastic SpDef+Groudons average SpA meants he wont find use for it. Id suggest sticking to the already tested over an over again as effective Rock Polish set:
112 HP/252 attk/8Def/136 Spd
Adamant
-Rock Polish
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake

With this set, basically anything not called Lugia/CSDarkrai/Kyogre will find itself in big trouble. The general idea is to look for gaps in the opponents team. Groudon has such amazing Defense that finding a good switch-in opportunity wont be tough, and a Stabbed EQ coming from such a high attack will 2hko most things in the tier. Dragon Claw/Stone Edge are for the Dragon types and Ho-Oh/weakened Lugia
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5989

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:38 pm

well yeah L but dosent that take away the point of posting this set? Sweetness is trying to make a origanal set, not a set mad by smogon. Tha would be okay if this was rated as part of a team, but for a singal pokemon you should just try to improve on whats there.
Back to top Go down
Sweetness

Sweetness

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:45 pm

But that's just it. I already caught Groudon with the Careful nature. It's only used to bring up the sunlight in a Single/Double battle to aid the rest of my team. I gave it some bulk for it to be able to switch out and come back in if the sunlight was to be disrupted by another weather condition. The attacks are just there to keep it from being completely useless.
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5879

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 am

Sweetness wrote:
But that's just it. I already caught Groudon with the Careful nature. It's only used to bring up the sunlight in a Single/Double battle to aid the rest of my team. I gave it some bulk for it to be able to switch out and come back in if the sunlight was to be disrupted by another weather condition. The attacks are just there to keep it from being completely useless.
You shouldn't of saved. You should've kept catching it over and over again and checking its nature. -_-
Anyhow until you become a more "Experienced" battler I'd highly recommend just using Smogon sets. Until you become more pr0. (no offense)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
iEaturCake

UT points : 5278

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Beastof2000 wrote:
Sweetness wrote:
You shouldn't of saved. You should've kept catching it over and over again and checking its nature. -_-
Anyhow until you become a more "Experienced" battler I'd highly recommend just using Smogon sets. Until you become more pr0. (no offense)
He has reasoning. Of the 12 teams I've made, I think around half my teams are smogon sets, and most of the others are just smogon sets that I changed a little.
They're there so people have good movesets, might as well sue em till we get better, eh?

I really like that rockpolish set though, I might use it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iEaturCake
Sweetness

Sweetness

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 3:28 pm

**** you guys are not kidding here.

I don't even plan on using this Groudon at all except to activate its Drought ability. All I did was give it bulk. And I don't care about Smogon's sets. Those are all overused anyway. I look for my own sets and teams that work. But again, this Groudon isn't designed specifically for fighting. It's just so that I can switch it back and forth for Sunlight. I wanted suggestions and feedback for THIS set, not another set. =_=
Back to top Go down
leafshadow

leafshadow

UT points : 6451

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Beastof2000 wrote:
Sweetness wrote:
He could have caught it a long time ago
Back to top Go down
Sweetness

Sweetness

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:12 pm

Exactly. I'm well aware of Groudon's best asset, but I wanted to toy around with its other stats. It's defenses are actually pretty decent in my opinion so I wanted to mess around with that. I know Groudon hits obscenely hard but that's not what I was aiming for.
Back to top Go down
akaFilanachi

akaFilanachi

UT points : 5346

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Since it's meant for double battles and may need to be switched a good amount, I would use Rock Slide and protect as the last two moves.

Stealth Rock would be better for single battles and if it's going to be switched out, why waste Hp and make a sub?
Back to top Go down
Sweetness

Sweetness

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:41 pm

GigaLegend wrote:
Since it's meant for double battles and may need to be switched a good amount, I would use Rock Slide and protect as the last two moves.

Stealth Rock would be better for single battles and if it's going to be switched out, why waste Hp and make a sub?
Good point. So I should have the following set?

-Eruption
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Protect

Tell me if I got it wrong.
Back to top Go down
akaFilanachi

akaFilanachi

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Sweetness wrote:
GigaLegend wrote:

Good point. So I should have the following set?

-Eruption
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Protect

Tell me if I got it wrong.

Looks good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sweetness

Sweetness

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Alright. Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5879

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Sweetness wrote:

I don't even plan on using this Groudon at all except to activate its Drought ability. All I did was give it bulk. And I don't care about Smogon's sets. Those are all overused anyway. I look for my own sets and teams that work. But again, this Groudon isn't designed specifically for fighting. It's just so that I can switch it back and forth for Sunlight. I wanted suggestions and feedback for THIS set, not another set. =_=
Well you might as well use a set like this if you want a bulky tank like Poke.
Groundon@Lefties
Drought
Serious (neutral)
EVS: 252 HP 252 Attack 4 Sp.D
Moves:
-Bulk Up/Sword Dance
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw/EQ
Designed to take hits and possibly be a heavy hitter that can take in hits and dish them back out. Bulk Up Raises Defense and Attack up one stage which can help you out. Just pretty self explanatory.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
Sweetness

Sweetness

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:40 pm

Hmm, that set could work, but what about bettering its defenses at least? That way, it can take more hits.
Back to top Go down
akaFilanachi

akaFilanachi

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 am

Beastof2000 wrote:
Sweetness wrote:

Well you might as well use a set like this if you want a bulky tank like Poke.
Groundon@Lefties
Drought
Serious (neutral)
EVS: 252 HP 252 Attack 4 Sp.D
Moves:
-Bulk Up/Sword Dance
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw/EQ
Designed to take hits and possibly be a heavy hitter that can take in hits and dish them back out. Bulk Up Raises Defense and Attack up one stage which can help you out. Just pretty self explanatory.

Only thing about this set is are the EVS. The 252 given to Atk should be given too or split with Def. That would help it be a litte bulker while it sets up with Bulk Up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bulky Groudon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Groudon   Bulky Groudon Empty

Back to top Go down

Bulky Groudon
Page 1 of 1