Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM Bulky Infernapes!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ludicolul

Ludicolul

UT points : 5474

RM Bulky Infernapes! Empty
PostSubject: RM Bulky Infernapes!   RM Bulky Infernapes! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:58 am

Yea so i was like looking at the moves infernape can learn 2 days ago and i noticed he can learn both calm mind and bulk up. he also could learn a healing move slack off. That got me thinking... So yesterday me and a friend started making 2 sets. One is Calm Mind while the other is Bulk Up.

Infernape: Lefties
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Impish (-Sp.A +Def)
Ev's 252 HP / 202 DEF / 56 ATK
~ Bulk UP
~ Slack Off
~ Blaze Kick
~ Mach Punch

Infernape: Lefties
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Calm (-Atk +Sp. Def)
Ev's 252 HP / 202 S.Def / 56 S.Atk
~ Calm Mind
~ Slack Off
~ Flamethrower
~ Vacuum Wave

There both the same but ones special and ones physical. The only thing i cant decide on is:

Physical Attacking Ape
Brick Break or Mach Punch
Sp.Defense Ev's or Defense Ev's
What Nature
Muscle Band over Lefties

Sp. Attacking Ape
Wise Glasses over Lefties
What Nature
Defense Ev's or Sp. Defense Ev's

please comment. anything is helpful
k thx
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6259

PostSubject: Re: RM Bulky Infernapes!   RM Bulky Infernapes! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:55 am

"Bulky" and "Infernape" should NEVER, EVER come together. His weakness to Ground and Water, as well, as his pathetic defensive stats make his incredibly easy to take out, even with boosts. Besides, the Fire/Fighting combination is easily walled by Pokemons such as Salamence, Gyarados, Suicune, to a lesses extent, Swampert, Vaporeon etc. What makes Infernape such an excellent OU contender are his amazing movepool and versatility. Besides, the Bulk Up set gets outclassed by Bulk Up Machamp, and CM one is outclassed by CM Jirachi and CM Suicune...they simply wont work well
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5694

PostSubject: Re: RM Bulky Infernapes!   RM Bulky Infernapes! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Yeah, I completely agree with L. I love infernape but he is just too paper thin in terms of defense to be a wall of any sort. He should always be used as a lead or offensively therefore he shouldn't be defensive.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7709

PostSubject: Re: RM Bulky Infernapes!   RM Bulky Infernapes! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:36 pm

I quite like the idea Smile

You'll have to tell us how the sets preform

On the special set, try these EVs and such...
Bold Nature... 252 HP / 216 Defense / 44 Special Defense
Makes you a goof mixed sponge after a CM

On the physical set try...
Careful Nature... 252 HP / 216 Special Defense / 44 Defense

Make sure both of them have leftovers... Muscle band's boost is so minimal and leftovers is the better item in this situation
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5694

PostSubject: Re: RM Bulky Infernapes!   RM Bulky Infernapes! EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:27 am

Not to be a jerk or anything but I honestly do not see this working. L made valid points as did I. There are simply better walls out there in the OU environment.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: RM Bulky Infernapes!   RM Bulky Infernapes! EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:57 am

It's not supposed to be played as a wall... More like a sponge like Lanturn is.

The idea is supposed to be that Infernape can have enough bulk to pull off a couple of boosts... That paired with slack off may make him tougher to take down than you may think.
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6259

PostSubject: Re: RM Bulky Infernapes!   RM Bulky Infernapes! EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:23 am

Shnoogle wrote:

The idea is supposed to be that Infernape can have enough bulk to pull off a couple of boosts... That paired with slack off may make him tougher to take down than you may think.
After 1 bulk up, 252 atk adamant Gyarados with no boosts 2hkos with Waterfall, and being honest, what smart Gyarados player will not use DD after seeing Infernape only has attacks you resist. The CM one might have some potential, but I dont see why you would use BU Ape over BU Machamp
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: RM Bulky Infernapes!   RM Bulky Infernapes! EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:59 pm

L wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

After 1 bulk up, 252 atk adamant Gyarados with no boosts 2hkos with Waterfall, and being honest, what smart Gyarados player will not use DD after seeing Infernape only has attacks you resist. The CM one might have some potential, but I dont see why you would use BU Ape over BU Machamp

mainly because of more speed and fire STAB

CM infernape can run HP [Electric] and the bulk up one can have Thunderpunch. I see what you are saying about coverage, but run him with a vaporeon or something to handle other water types
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RM Bulky Infernapes!   RM Bulky Infernapes! Empty

Back to top Go down

RM Bulky Infernapes!
Page 1 of 1