Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bulky Celebi

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FlareZen

FlareZen

UT points : 5173

Bulky Celebi  Empty
PostSubject: Bulky Celebi    Bulky Celebi  EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Celebi (N/A) @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Hp / 6 Def
Nature Bold (+Def,-Atk )
- Recover/Rest
- Calm Mind
- Psychic/Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Fire

This for one of my double battle pass for pbr. Since calm mind will raise celebi sp. def i picked to ev train it in hp. Since all its stats are 100s base might as well make a bulky set. Alright the base of this strategy is to set up as many calm minds and restore health from one choice "Recover or Rest" And have hidden Power Fire to not be completely walled by steel types. I rather stick with Psychic then Energy Ball. Seven types resist grass while three types resist psychic would be steel/dark and other psychic pokemons.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7699

Bulky Celebi  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Celebi    Bulky Celebi  EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:00 pm

I agree that Psychic/Fire is the best bet as with it the only things that completely wall you are Heatran and Tyranitar, while Heatran, Dragonite, Infernape and to a lesser extent Altaria all resist Grass/Fire and Psychic does grant much better neutral coverage which is what CMers like to aim for.

I really think that most of the SpA EVs are unneeded for the same reason that sets like Curse Pert doesn't run many Defense EVs if any. They are simply redundant when you can invest in Defense and take more hits, thus allowing yourself to set up more CMs and eventually increase your damage output and defensive capabilities than if you ran 252 SpA EVs. You [i]can[/] invest some Speed EVs but unless you want to invest 100+ there isn't many noteworthy things to warrant having less bulk. The only good examples are investing 8 Speed EVs (counting in HP [Fire]'s 30 Speed IV) to outpace 0 Speed Zapdos and Jirachi so the former cannot Heatwave you to finish you before you can kill it with Psychic (pretty situational) and the latter so it cannot get a CB U-Turn on you, but then again why would a CB Jirachi have 0 Speed EVs?

Therefore I recommend 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 whatever with a Bold Nature

Recover is better all around in my opinion because you loose Leftovers recovery with Rest and you can only Recover once without risking being set up on.

There is my two cents. Enjoy =D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
FlareZen

FlareZen

UT points : 5173

Bulky Celebi  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Celebi    Bulky Celebi  EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:08 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
I agree that Psychic/Fire is the best bet as with it the only things that completely wall you are Heatran and Tyranitar, while Heatran, Dragonite, Infernape and to a lesser extent Altaria all resist Grass/Fire and Psychic does grant much better neutral coverage which is what CMers like to aim for.

I really think that most of the SpA EVs are unneeded for the same reason that sets like Curse Pert doesn't run many Defense EVs if any. They are simply redundant when you can invest in Defense and take more hits, thus allowing yourself to set up more CMs and eventually increase your damage output and defensive capabilities than if you ran 252 SpA EVs. You [i]can[/] invest some Speed EVs but unless you want to invest 100+ there isn't many noteworthy things to warrant having less bulk. The only good examples are investing 8 Speed EVs (counting in HP [Fire]'s 30 Speed IV) to outpace 0 Speed Zapdos and Jirachi so the former cannot Heatwave you to finish you before you can kill it with Psychic (pretty situational) and the latter so it cannot get a CB U-Turn on you, but then again why would a CB Jirachi have 0 Speed EVs?

Therefore I recommend 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 whatever with a Bold Nature

Recover is better all around in my opinion because you loose Leftovers recovery with Rest and you can only Recover once without risking being set up on.

There is my two cents. Enjoy =D

Thanks for the help i will fix my ev's so i can add the def ev's to replace my sp.atk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bulky Celebi  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulky Celebi    Bulky Celebi  Empty

Back to top Go down

Bulky Celebi
Page 1 of 1