Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM two random Pokes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8665
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

RM two random Pokes Empty
PostSubject: RM two random Pokes   RM two random Pokes EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:42 pm

Okay I have 2 pokes I'm thinking of making but not 100% sure about

Toxicroak@ ?????
Timid Dry Skin
252 speed/ 252 Sp. atk/ 4 HP
Fake out
Taunt
nasty plot
sludge bomb'

Yeah I'm not sure how good of a LEAD this would be so I'm not sure on items. The point is to Fake out first (break possible sashes) and then taunt. Then nasty plot on the switch.

Torterra @ light clay/ leftovers
Impish overgrow
252 Def/ 152 HP/ 100 Sp Def
EQ/Wood hammer
Leech seed
light screen
Stealth rocks/ reflect

Okay this is a pretty random torterra but basically he's my screener. I don't know if I should use SR over reflect. I'm also if the EV's are well spread.

Yeah I'm not the most experienced competitive battler so criticize all you want.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6076

PostSubject: Re: RM two random Pokes   RM two random Pokes EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:47 pm

No one has posted Shocked

Sludge Bomb is terrible coverage, just dont use it. stab or not, try finding a move with better coverage. You wouldnt give an Unown hidden power psychic just for stab would you (correct answer is no)? Sash could help in case of them attacking on a taunt. If not sash probably Life Orb. Find a HP or something that gives good coverage along with your team (and against leads of whatever tier you choose to play in). and dont try going up against a faster lead with priority, since most ambipoms make this set cry

Full Special Defense on Torterra and dont give him Reflect. perhaps some EV's in Def or just in Atk. Let the element of surprise ruin your opponents plan to Ice Beam. Use lefties with this

otherwise give full SpD, then split the EV's best between Def and HP. then give dual screens along with Light Clay. There is also the possibility of no attacks and all support, instead giving him Substitute for SubSeed strategy. Along with screens, this could be quite the staller. Also one of few pokemon who can subseed in SS, so take that into advantage. Yes, taunt ruins this, but Screeners are usually meant to switch out, so not too much of a prob (plus Leech Seed is practically an attack in itself)

havent posted in awhile, but ive had quite a lot of time to think so try it out
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5188

PostSubject: Re: RM two random Pokes   RM two random Pokes EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 pm

mrcatz wrote:
Okay I have 2 pokes I'm thinking of making but not 100% sure about

Toxicroak@ ?????
Timid Dry Skin
252 speed/ 252 Sp. atk/ 4 HP
Fake out
Taunt
nasty plot
sludge bomb'

Yeah I'm not sure how good of a LEAD this would be so I'm not sure on items. The point is to Fake out first (break possible sashes) and then taunt. Then nasty plot on the switch.

Torterra @ light clay/ leftovers
Impish overgrow
252 Def/ 152 HP/ 100 Sp Def
EQ/Wood hammer
Leech seed
light screen
Stealth rocks/ reflect

Okay this is a pretty random torterra but basically he's my screener. I don't know if I should use SR over reflect. I'm also if the EV's are well spread.

Yeah I'm not the most experienced competitive battler so criticize all you want.
Criticism does not help.
To make a great Single rate, you must think what can it do.

For Toxicroak, Vacuum Wave is more superior in every way, since you get STAB and priority. Sludge Bomb is Standard on a Standard NP set, however, if you wish to look for an alternative to this, HP-Ice will do, since it can hit Grass types and cover its Ground deficit. The last moveslot really depends on your team. You can either back it up with Focus Blast as a powerful STAB or Dark Pulse to hit those annoying Psychics and Ghosts running around in UU.

For Torterra, I would look away from a Dual Screen set. There are a fair number of Torterras running Stealth Rock, so it's only natural to Taunt them to stop the Stealth Rock. If they Taunt you and you set up a Screen, and due to Torterra's low speed, you just wasted a turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RM two random Pokes   RM two random Pokes Empty

Back to top Go down

RM two random Pokes
Page 1 of 1