Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas

Go down 
+4
dragonmxz
noheartx
Shnoogle
Cloudzeroriku
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cloudzeroriku

Cloudzeroriku

UT points : 5454

sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas Empty
PostSubject: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:40 pm

All right, so, here's my in the works team, I had originally planned out a trickstorm team but, after giving some thought into my team I decided that I might just go with a sandstorm team,

Megalith/Aggron
Nature: hasty
E.V's: none yet, planned for 252 atk, 252 sp.def, 80 spd
stats: Without EV's
Hp: 279
atk: 276
def: 377
sp.atk: 170
sp.def: 136
spd: 150
Moves: Giga Impact, stone edge, iron head, and brick break
Item: Focus sash
Strategy so far:
An attacker mainly set so that it can either start owning with its massive powerhouse of stone edges 100 power+stab boost (forget how much it raises) and iron head's 80+stab and brick break if reflect is used. Giga impact is only there if a fighting type is used to ensure its end with a massive 150 power. Basically a heavy hitter.

Registeel/Registeel
nature: calm
ev's: None yet, planned 252 atk, 252 sp.def, 80 hp.
stats: no ev's
hp: 290
atk:168
def: 344
sp.atk: 159
sp.def: 370
spd: 119
item: leftovers
moves: Curse, hammer arm(Probably gonna be replaced with something else), iron head and earthquake.
Strategy: Basically power up with curse and start handing out beatings, what? Cant expect all registeels to be walls can you?

Rampardos/Rapardos
nature: Careful
Ev's: none yet, planned 252 atk, 96 hp, 160 spd
Stats: no ev's:
Hp: 309
atk: 358
def:129
sp.atk: 134
sp.def: 147
speed: 135
item: Choice band/ choice scarf if choice band seems ineffective
moves: Earthquake, zen headbutt, screech (going to change havent yet), and head smash.
Strategy: SMAAASH!!, seriously, rampardos is a beast of an sweeper so why not just smash?

And thats all Ive thought up so far, rampardos is the only hacked pokemon on this team so far, I may hack more in if their needed but my hacking rules are: they must be legit in moveset and stats, only obtaining them shall be hacked.

Ideas would be apreciated, please dont leave negative comments.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7701

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:56 pm

You do know that you can have a max of 510 EVs? Not 584 like most of your pokemon are using...

Also, erase all of the stats because the EVs cover that. There is no need to post them and it makes it harder to read.

On Aggron... Giga Impact is just plain no. Replace it with Aqua Tail for bulky grounds. Head Smash > Stone edge... that's the whole reason people use Aggron in the first place. Its EVs are screwed up b/c you have too many EVs. Try 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP. Change the Hasty nature to Jolly there isn't any reason to cut defense.

Registeel's calm nature needs to be careful... you are a curser so having a -attack nature does you harm while a careful nature cuts special attack which you are not using. Try this EV spread... 252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 4 Defense

Rampardos wants a Jolly nature not a Careful nature. EV Spread should be 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP. Tell me what you will change screech to so I can tell you if it is substantial
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Cloudzeroriku

Cloudzeroriku

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
You do know that you can have a max of 510 EVs? Not 584 like most of your pokemon are using...

Also, erase all of the stats because the EVs cover that. There is no need to post them and it makes it harder to read.

On Aggron... Giga Impact is just plain no. Replace it with Aqua Tail for bulky grounds. Head Smash > Stone edge... that's the whole reason people use Aggron in the first place. Its EVs are screwed up b/c you have too many EVs. Try 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP. Change the Hasty nature to Jolly there isn't any reason to cut defense.

Registeel's calm nature needs to be careful... you are a curser so having a -attack nature does you harm while a careful nature cuts special attack which you are not using. Try this EV spread... 252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 4 Defense

Rampardos wants a Jolly nature not a Careful nature. EV Spread should be 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP. Tell me what you will change screech to so I can tell you if it is substantial

Very much thank you dude, I kinda screwed up my math with the EV's yea,
I didnt know aggron could learn aqua tail, cool knowledge, same with head smash, awsome. I'm thinking of working a scizor into the team to deal with grass types and psyhic types though, but I dont want a standard bullet punch scizor... any ideas could be nice on that. I also need Ideas for a stormstarter, Im thinking hippowdon or maybe tyranitar.
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

UT points : 5430

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:29 pm

you do realize then with scizor and tyranitar you will have to play in OU which means there are a few better options for walls and whatnot just to point it out
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Or he could use a hippopotas lead and play UU... I've seen many of them on shoddy, and they can be quite an effective pokemon with toxic-protect-sanstorm stalling, roar and yawn shuffling, setting up stealty rock etc...
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5981

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:55 pm

ok, you need a blaziken counter of some sort as it will rip thru your entire team. You might want to try Altaria, its the only dragon type in UU and it can easily counter Blaziken with no problem, with it also being a safe switch in for many other types that are dnagerouse to yuor team in UU. if you use hippopotas and Altaria, then you need to finish up with a special sweeper, in which a good choice would be something like Mismiganius or Alakazam.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:03 am

dragonmxz wrote:
ok, you need a blaziken counter of some sort as it will rip thru your entire team. You might want to try Altaria, its the only dragon type in UU and it can easily counter Blaziken with no problem, with it also being a safe switch in for many other types that are dnagerouse to yuor team in UU. if you use hippopotas and Altaria, then you need to finish up with a special sweeper, in which a good choice would be something like Mismiganius or Alakazam.

I would recommend mismagius as Registeel and Mismagius have excellent synergy together. I personally have always loved this set...

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Timid Nature... +Speed, -Attack
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
~Taunt
~Nasty Plot
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt

You may prefer to run Substitute over Taunt, but when you use taunt it cripples stall teams, most of whom already have major trouble with Mismagius, blocks status just likes Substitute, and it blocks Encore so Clefable is set up fodder. Substitute is good if you predict a switch, but I've always used Taunt. If you have predicton issues, Substitute is probably your best bet, though.
Thunderbolt is > HP [Fighting] because you do not have to lower your speed IV so you can tie with other Mismagius in a pinch... Trust me, it happens more than you think. Also, it is much more powerful and is a great move to have in a bulky water infested metagame.
Back to top Go down
Cloudzeroriku

Cloudzeroriku

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:18 pm

I wasnt very clear on the point everyone's mistaking was I? This is a base for a doubles UU/OU team, I havent decided which Im gonna go for but it is based for a doubles team.

Also, I was actually thinking of scrapping T-Tar anyway and changing the team up to a trickstorm team.

In short, ideas for T-Tar and scizor have been scrapped and Im startin to think on other types.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5981

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:26 pm

why not just go pure UU? it would be more intresting and half of your team is already UU. You could use SloBro to set up trickroom as hippopotas starts sandstorm, then set up and sweep.
Back to top Go down
Cloudzeroriku

Cloudzeroriku

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:06 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
why not just go pure UU? it would be more intresting and half of your team is already UU. You could use SloBro to set up trickroom as hippopotas starts sandstorm, then set up and sweep.
Would Bronzong be a better trickroom setup, or is he OU?
Back to top Go down
ninjatreecko12

ninjatreecko12

UT points : 5582

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Cloudzeroriku wrote:
dragonmxz wrote:
Would Bronzong be a better trickroom setup, or is he OU?
Bronzong is OU. But it is a great wall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tromboneandpokemon12
Cloudzeroriku

Cloudzeroriku

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:27 pm

All right guys, Ive been experimenting with pokesav, and I gotta say it gives alot more freedom when looking into stats and moves, here are what Ive come up with for the team so far,

Aggron
lvl 100, item: focus sash, soon to be choice band,
Nature:Adamant
Moves: Head smash, aqua tail, brick break and iron head.
Iv's: Dont know what to put as base. Could someone explain limits?
Ev's: HP:252, Atk: 252, Spd: 4

Registeel
Lvl 100, Item: leftovers
Nature: sassy
Moves:Curse, Earthquake, Hammer arm, Iron Head
Iv's: Dont know how to allocate
Ev's: 252 HP, 252 sp.def, 4 def

Rampardos
Lvl 100, Item: Choice band
Nature:adamant
Moves: Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Rock slide, and Head smash
Ev's: 8Hp, 252Atk, 124Def, 124Sp.Def

Thats all I got so far, I am using pokesav, but not in a way that makes them completely and totally unfair, their stats are legit its just that they are hacked for obtaining and other such stuff.
Back to top Go down
Cloudzeroriku

Cloudzeroriku

PostSubject: Two new additions! Slaking and solrock added to the team in theory   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Yes, as stated in the title I am begining to think about adding slaking and solrock to the roster of this team, however, only solrocks moveset Ive thought into

Basically for solrock I was thinking,

Solrock, :leftovers
moves: Trickroom, cosmic power, skill swap, and baton pass,
I want solrock to mainly be there for two things, one, to put up trick room and swap abilities with slaking to allow slaking to start owning, and 2 to pump up defences and swap out for either aggron or registeel, solrocks typing sorta helps with it because I can pair him with slaking and have slaking set to cover rocks weaknesses, but I want some opinions on this.
as of yet there has been no thought as to slakings moveset, I just saw that he was in NU and decided I could use him to cover this teams massive fire weaknesses rather well because of slakings high stats.
Back to top Go down
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6852

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Please don't double-post and please add EVs and nature to the Slaking set.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
Sir Doof

Sir Doof

UT points : 5687

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:02 pm

Nagi-Nagi wrote:
Please don't double-post and please add EVs and nature to the Slaking set.

Nagi you mean Solrock
Back to top Go down
Cloudzeroriku

Cloudzeroriku

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 pm

thats just it, I only double posted because a few days went by and no one gave ideas, also, I dont have any idea what kind of EV's to give either of slaking or solrock
Back to top Go down
SloSerge

SloSerge

UT points : 5357

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Head Smash -> Aggron Razz 'nuff said Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas   sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

sandstorm team basis, not complete, still need ideas
Page 1 of 1