Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5976

My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team Empty
PostSubject: My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team   My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:17 am

My first try at a weather team. As always, you'll have to deal with my pathetic explanations and lack of fancy pictures and whatnot.

Jirachi @Expert Belt
Serene Grace
Hasty 252Atk / 252Spe / 6SpD
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Grass Knot

Normaly when you see a Jirachi lead, you automatically think TrickScarf, right? That's the point to me using an Expert Belt instead of a Choice Scarf. It's a Choice bluff. I don't really want to reveal right away that I am not Scarfed, so I may switch out on something that I could possibly KO early in the game (depending on how much of a threat it is), so I could use that to my advantage later game. Of course, however, some things can still outspeed and see that I am not Scarfed. Iron Head is an obvious choice for flinchhax. Fire Punch for other Steels and possible burn. Ice Punch to scare away Dragonite and Flygon if they still think I'm Scarfed. Grass Knot to KO Swampert when it switches in on another move or something.
I'm still debating on whether or not to use this set or perhaps the regular Scarf set (regular Scarf set not the lead version). Or possibly something else. Any suggestions?

Gengar @Life Orb
Levitate
Timid 252SpA / 252Spe / 6HP
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

SubPainSplit Gengar. I really enjoy using this set. Basically, Substitute on a predicted switch and then Shadow Ball or Focus Blast until your health gets low and Pain Split the damage onto another Pokemon. Gengar can also lure in Scizor, hopefully when making a Substitute, and then I can switch into Magnezone to KO it with Thunderbolt.

Tyranitar @Choice Band
Sand Stream
Adamant 160HP / 252Atk / 96Spe
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Aqua Tail

Tyranitar can come in on many attacks with it's high defensive stats and resistances. Crunch annihilates most Psychics and Ghosts. It's also great STAB. The chance of a Defense drop is nice too. Pursuit on fleeing Rotom appliances and such. Stone Edge is also great STAB. The accuracy, however, is not very appealing. Aqua Tail is for coverage.

Magnezone @Leftovers
Magnet Pull
Modest 172HP / 252SpA / 84Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Thunder Wave
-Substitute

In case your wondering, yes I did get the Gengar, Tyranitar, Magnezone combo from The Smog 10. In case you weren't wondering...well, now you know Razz
Anyways, Magnezone traps and kills the Steels that come after Tyranitar and the Scizor and such that come after Gengar. Thunderbolt is basic STAB. Hidden Power [Grass] is for Swampert and other Ground types that love to switch in on Magnezone. Thunder Wave to spread paralysis around and help my slower Pokemon, like Tyranitar. It can also help my Choice Scarf bluff with Jirachi. I can Substitute on certain switches and such when something like Thunderbolt is predicted. Usually, Swampert is sent in. It gets a Hidden Power [Grass] to the face.

Flygon @Choice Scarf
Levitate
Adamant 252Atk / 252Spe / 6SpD
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-turn

Flygon is used to "clean up" Pokes with little health later game or just revenge kill some things. I chose an Adamant nature over Jolly for more power. It can be switched in on Electric and Ground type attacks. Like Earthquake or Thunder Wave. Outrage...just STAB, really. Don't really use it much. Earthquake is also STAB and is a great move. Stone Edge for Gyrados and Dragonite and as such. U-turn for scouting. Not much to say about Flygon.

Regirock @Leftovers
Clear Body
Careful 252HP / 36Atk / 220SpD
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake / Thunder Wave (?)
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion

Regirock has absolutely massive Defense. And with base 100 Special Defense, it can take many attacks in Sandstorm. Regirock can come in on an attack and set up Stealth Rock. Stone Edge is just basic STAB. I can Explode on certain sweepers like Dragonite. I'm debating on whether to use Earthquake on Regirock, or Thunder Wave. Magnezone has Thunder Wave, but that doesn't mean it will be able to paralyze everything. Earthquake has nice coverage, even with the low attack power on this set. Suggestions?

I'm open to suggestions. Constructional criticism is welcome.
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6547

PostSubject: Re: My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team   My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Wow I like this team a lot, even if it is composed entirely of smogon sets, I like how they come together.

Jirachi has nice coverage, and it can use this to its advantage, given what kind of lead people would expect. You have nice typing, so that people won't be able to really sweep with a particular pokemon. On Regirock I recommend the Earthquake over Thunder Wave, as you already have Magnazone, and this gives better coverage. I wouldn't trust stone edge as your only real attacking move, as Explosion isn't something that you would randomly use.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team   My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:07 pm

Alright, I've been testing this team on Shoddy and it does remarkably well.
Leading with Expert Belt Jirachi has come in handy a lot. And Regirock takes hits like an absolute monster in the sandstorm. All the Pokemon come together almost perfectly.

So, if anyone would like to suggest any last minute changes, please don't hesitate to do so.

Incidentally...if anyone cares to see how the team can work in a battle, I saved a log from a battle with this team vs a Hail team.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5591

PostSubject: Re: My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team   My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:59 pm

nice job, dude. good prediction with pursuit on abomasnow. Just remember to never send out a flygon against a Mamoswine. You will die.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5981

PostSubject: Re: My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team   My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:13 pm

CaseyR, let me help you with your team by fighting it on shoddy. you want to give it a try?
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team   My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Temius wrote:
nice job, dude. good prediction with pursuit on abomasnow. Just remember to never send out a flygon against a Mamoswine. You will die.
Yeah, I didn't notice the Leftovers at the time so I thought it was Choice Banded.

dragonmxz wrote:
CaseyR, let me help you with your team by fighting it on shoddy. you want to give it a try?
Sure, send me a PM when we're both on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team   My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team Empty

Back to top Go down

My First Attempt At An OU Sandstorm Team
Page 1 of 1