Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5997

my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Empty
PostSubject: my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help!   my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 7:35 pm

This is my first attempt at stall of any kind, so comments and freindly advice are welcome.

At a Glance
my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! MDP091my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! MDP009my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! MDP379my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! MDP334my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! MDP429my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! MDP003

Team Changes:
Choice Mismagius<Rest Talk SpirtTomb
Swords Dance Venasaur<Defensive Venasaur
Both ot these sets were suggested by Shnoogle. Thanks!

Team Building Process

Ok, so I had already decided on the theme if this team, which was going to be UU stall. I have not looked at anhy guides or teams for this, so sorry if it isn't exactly a stall team. Anyway, i had a hazy idea that all stall teams set up entry hazards! So i tried to think of a lead in UU that could set up spikes. i looked at pokemon that could do so, and i saw Omastar and Cloyster. i don't like Omastar so for more favoritism than anything else i picked cloyster to be my lead.
my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3r_091
Ok, cloysters a fine lead, but it cant destroy everything. Plus, I always kinda meant it to be a suicide anti lead with explosion and all. And i know for a fact that stall teams have bulky pokem. So, i read thru a few RMTS on Smogon and it seemed the phrase bulky water was being thrown around a lot. i figured i would need a rapid spinner as well so i thought whats water, bulky, and knows rapid spin? there could be only one anwser: Blastoise.
my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3r_091my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_1b_009
So know i have a physically defensive water on my team. But im also thinking that if its stall, it should have stealth rock. Even non-stall teams have it, why shouldn't I? So i tried to figure out another wall that has the ability to use stealth rock. the idea came almost instantly, beause this pokemon i use on a lot of my teams, because of its massive defenses and resistanaces. It was known as...Registeel.
my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3r_091my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_1b_009my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3r_379_s
So now i have some pretty solid defenses, but registeel still had a few weaknesses that i wasnt covering. Ground and fighting were hurting it a lot, and if blastoise went down then Registeel would be open to fire attacks as well. I thought as hard as i coould of something that could possibly block all of these elements. I also wanted to have a cleric, but chansey wouldn't work becuase its weak to fighting as well. Finally i came upon the anwser. It would have to be flying or have levitate, but i already had plans for a ghost, and claydol sucks, so it would have to be flying. i also wanted it to be able to force switches. When you narrowed it down to flying, cleric abilities, and forced switching, the awnser was clear: the UU dragon, Altaria.
my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3r_091my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_1b_009my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3r_379_smy first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_4p_334_s
I figured that even for stall, 3 walls was enougth. I needed some powerful sweepers to take care of enemies. I wanted 1 physicaal and special to cover both sides of the spectrum, so i began brainstorming. I was thinking absol at first because i wanteda booster, but he didnt really force switches, and i wanted to force switches, so i axed him. i thought of swords dancers, and fire/water/grass defensive cores. i couldnt get a fire, but a grass was certainletey possible. Finally, it dawned on me. There was 1 poke who could force switches by sleeping a pokemon and boost itself via swords dance plus be a grass type. you guessed it: Venusaur.
my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3r_091my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_1b_009my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3r_379_smy first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_4p_334_smy first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3e_003
So now we come to the end. This last oick was the easiest, since i knew i had to be able to block rapid spin, and the only thing that can block it is a ghost. The only good UU ghost i could think of was Mismagius, so in it went. However, i still wanted to force switches, so i used a trick oriented version of it, where i could either do major damage or force them to switch with a choice specs. its 3 attacks gave me all imporant new coverage, and became integral to my team.
my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3r_091my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_1b_009my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3r_379_smy first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_4p_334_smy first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_3e_003my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Spr_4p_429
So there you have it. Thats how i made my team. Now on to the specifics!

Through the Microscope

my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Cloyster

Cloyster@Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk, 160Hp, 96 Spd
Moves
~Ice Shard
~Rock Blast
~Explosion
~Spikes

So yeah, its the anti lead Cloyster, which basically takes out the enemy using its attacking moves and sets up as many spikes as possible. Explosion is for when its job is done and it needs to get rid of something. its synergy is nothing with its teammates since its main purpose is to set the way for them.

my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Fat_blastoise_by_fatferaligatr
Blastoise@Leftovers
Ability: T o r r e n t
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 Hp,252 Def, 4 Spa
Moves
~Surf
~Rapid Spin
~Toxic
~Rest/Ice Beam

The rapid spinner of the team, it also serves as a poisoner and a bulky physcially defensive water. Its surf is fairly powerful and its SpD isn't too shabby either. With rest its farily hard to take out, the only thing giving it trouble being Venasaur, being immune to toxic and surf not doing much at all. With ice beam Venasur threat is mitigated, but i lose my recovery.

my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Registeel
Registeel@ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Calm
Evs: 252 Hp, 200 Def, 58 SpD
Moves
~Stealth Rock
~Seismic Toss
~Thunder Wave
~Rest

It lays up rocks to help stall more of course, and its incredibley defensive with only 5 types really hurting it at all, and 2 of those are neutral, Thunder wave helps slow down the other team so that all my bulky pokemon can outspeed, S-toss is for good damge aginst everything and rest allows it to heal just when opponets think its down. He serves as a good neutral wall.
my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Altaria_ACEO_by_HikariYugi_chan
Altaria@Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature:Careful
Evs: 252 Hp, 40 Def, 216 Spd
Moves
~Dragon Claw
~Roost
~Heal Bell/Haze
~Perish Song/Roar

It has Excllent defensive Synergy with Registeel, resisting all the fire, water, ground, and fighting moves that plague Registeel, while in turn Registeel resists all the ice,dragon and rock moves that hurt Altaria. It forces switches with perish song and support the whole team with heal bell support, enableing regi and blast to awaken from their rest, and curing any other status problems.

my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Mismagius
Mismagius@Choice Specs
Ability:Levitate
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 Spa, 252 Spe, 4 Hp
Moves
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power Fighting
~Thunderbolt
~Trick

Mismagius serves as my spin blocker and tricker. It breaks walls like Chansey via tricking or can do seriouse damge right off the bat with its moves boosted by the choice specs. Many people do not expect trick and are destroyed by it. it also provides immunites to ground, fighting, and normal as well as more move variety. It is one of 2 sweepers.

my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Boxart_Venusaur
Venusaur@Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk,252 Spe, 4 Hp
Moves
~Sleep Powder
~Swords Dance
~Power Whip
~Earthquake

This is my other swepper, physical instead of special. The idea is that he sleeps a pokemon, that forces it to switch, thus making the next pokem take damage from stealth rocks and spikes, while he powers up with swords dance na destroys the weakend pokemon. It also is a Toxic spikes absorber and toxic absorber, plus it being a grass type it gives me resistance to water and the like.

Ok thats it! Rate and Comment!

Last edited by dragonmxz on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help!   my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:54 pm

/bump because i edited and completed my team.
Back to top Go down
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6101

PostSubject: Re: my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help!   my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:13 am

Stall NEEDS PHazers, you don't have any, at all.
Mismagius can't be a spin blocker if it dies to one move, i reccomend replacing it with defensive Rotom or Spiritomb.
If you want to keep venusaur, make it defensive and give it roar, seeing as if you don't use perish song on Altaria you are last pokemon sweep weak.
Blastoise kinda needs Foresight, because if you are facing any skilled stall team they will have a spin blocker, which either:
a) Will be rotom and own you with discharge/thunderbolt
b) Will Be spiritomb which will wear you down with toxic and rest (or curse and rest)
You are very moltres weak, Altaria being the only one able to live one of its attacks (it even sometimes runs HP ice so you still aren't safe) after spikes damage (Moltres nearly always gets run with qwilfish/cloyster/omastar) I reccomend replacing something with a toxic chansey, so it can eventually wear down moltres.
Other than all this, it seems like an okay team, even though stall teams generally work better with Sandstorm or Hail.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7717

PostSubject: Re: my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help!   my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:35 pm

You say this is stall, and to some extent it is... However, when playing stall you don't run two sweepers... that is more of a balanced team. Stall teams rely on spikes stacking and phazing to kill Pokémon, not stacking spikes and having sweepers to take advantage of them. I'd suggest changing Venusaur to a defensive set, and Mismagius to a Spiritomb, who fits in much better on stall than Mismagius.

my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! I_venusaur Venusaur @ Leftovers
Calm... +Special Defense, -Attack
252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Special Defense
~Energy Ball
~Sludge Bomb
~Leech Seed
~Sleep Powder

By using Leech Seed and Sleep Powder, you can still force switches, but this Venusaur fits more into a stall team. Also, Venusaur has several good resistances like Fighting and 4* to Grass so you have a good defensive pivot by using this set.

my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! 442 Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Calm Nature... +Special Defense, -Attack
252 HP / 140 Defense / 116 Special Defense
~Dark Pulse
~Will-O-Wisp
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

Since your team lacks a sleep absorber as well as a bulky spin blocker,Rest-Talk Tomb seems perfect for your team. Dark Pulse is used intstead of Shadow Ball so normal types, like Toxic Orb Ursaring and Sub Punch Scrappy Kangaskhan don't wall you. Will-O-Wisp is a great status move more all of those Fighting Types.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help!   my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 8:44 am

Ok, thanks for all your suggestions. If you didn't notice the snetence at the top, i had no idea what i was doing when i reated this team, only a genearal idea. i have made some of the edits you suggetsed, switchig altarias moves set to one of a phazer. i also switched out miss for Resttalk spirttomb. Finally, how the heck am i supposed to counter moletres? i can toxic it with blastoise and use him to rapid spin the spikes away, or t-wave it with registeel(im fairly sure he can survive the hit) but thats about all i have.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help!   my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:55 pm

This is what I suggest to counter Moltres...

To be honest, I kind of skipped over the fact that your Altaria has 216 Speed EVs and i don't really see the need for them...
I would advise that you switch out the current Altaria set you have for this one -

my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! I_altaria
Altaria @ Leftovers
252 HP / 40 Defense / 216 Special Defense
Careful Nature... +Special Defense, -Special Attack
~Dragon Claw
~Heal Bell
~Roar
~Roost

With Heal Bell, you can support your whole team as well as take on Toxic Stall variants of Moltres to a degree (Heal Bell's PP is rather low). With these EVs, you can always switch in on Modest Life Orb Moltres on Fire Blast with SR damage and have enough HP to survive an Air Slash the next turn. I really didn't see the need for Haze so much as you can just roar them away anyways and that in turn gives you SR and Spikes damage on the opponent.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help!   my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Um, sorry if it looks like speed eves but those were SpDefense evs. Usually, i write Speed evs like this (Spe.) ill take the movest suggestion, but now i dont have a Phazer. any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help!   my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 am

A phazer is a Pokémon with the move Roar/Whirlwind so yes, you do have one haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help!   my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help! Empty

Back to top Go down

my first stall team for shoddy(UU) Please help!
Page 1 of 1