Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM PP Stall Dusclops

Go down 
+6
satisuicune
dragonmxz
Shnoogle
eaglehawks
frogoholic1
infernoflash
10 posters
AuthorMessage
infernoflash

infernoflash

UT points : 5375

RM PP Stall Dusclops Empty
PostSubject: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:23 am

This is a set i just randomly figured out. Don't ask me to use Dusknoir, i think Dusclops is cooler and it is not really any bigger differens betwen there stats. And i just mainly want help with his EVs.

Dusclops@Leftovers
Nature:Imphis
EVs:252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp.Def OR 252 HP/ 129 Def/ 129 Sp.Def
-Spite
-Protect
-Pain Split
-Night Shade
Ability:Pressure
Nickname:Hollow/Pressure

Moves, ability and strategy
As you an se, this is a PP stall set. Simply just to make it annoying for the opponent. Spite is the main move, taking away 4 PP. Combined with Pressure, it can take away 6 PP in only one turn, good against move such as Stone Edge. Protect is simply just to PP stall, and to know what move my opponent is using. Pain Split is just recovery, and Night Shade is so i have a attacking move. I know he gets ruined by Taunt, but no set is perfekt. Razz

Nature, EVs and item
Leftovers i there for recovery. Imphis is there because i want more Def. bulk. Then i have a problem... I don't know if i should just max out his HP and Def EVs, och split his Def. EVs in Sp.Def and Def. Really need help here. DD:
Back to top Go down
frogoholic1

UT points : 5090

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:39 am

infernoflash wrote:
This is a set i just randomly figured out. Don't ask me to use Dusknoir, i think Dusclops is cooler and it is not really any bigger differens betwen there stats. And i just mainly want help with his EVs.

Dusclops@Leftovers
Nature:Imphis
EVs:252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp.Def OR 252 HP/ 129 Def/ 129 Sp.Def
-Spite
-Protect
-Pain Split
-Night Shade
Ability:Pressure
Nickname:Hollow/Pressure

Moves, ability and strategy
As you an se, this is a PP stall set. Simply just to make it annoying for the opponent. Spite is the main move, taking away 4 PP. Combined with Pressure, it can take away 6 PP in only one turn, good against move such as Stone Edge. Protect is simply just to PP stall, and to know what move my opponent is using. Pain Split is just recovery, and Night Shade is so i have a attacking move. I know he gets ruined by Taunt, but no set is perfekt. Razz

Nature, EVs and item
Leftovers i there for recovery. Imphis is there because i want more Def. bulk. Then i have a problem... I don't know if i should just max out his HP and Def EVs, och split his Def. EVs in Sp.Def and Def. Really need help here. DD:

I think Impish and 252/252 is better than 252/128/128.
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5190

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:55 am

252/252 isn't that great. Go with a more appliable spread. EV the Defense just enough so it can take Dishing damage. Also, you might want invest the leftover EVs int Sp.Def.

@Infernoflash: The defensive spread is totally based on your team's need. Considering Dusclops rather impressive defenses but crappy HP, it can only be used as a status inducer and probably a tank to some degree. If you are a bit weak on the Special Defense, EV the remaining 256 (assuming you invested 252 into HP, which is a must) more into Special Defense, though don't forget about threats. Suppose this was for UU. We pick out the biggest threat toward it, and it's Mismagius. Now, we know for certain that it's dead from a +2 Shadow Ball for certain, but and unboosted Shadow Ball, we don't know. This is where you figure it out. cherubi.com has a great damage calculator for you to use. What I do personally is start off with Max EVs in a Defensive stat, then I work my way down to the lowest amount of EVs that Dusclops can survive against. When I mean this, I don't mean until the point where a OHKO is probable. The OHKO column has to be 0% across the board. Like a good rater on Serebii said, "252/252/4 or 252/128/128 isn't the best spread. Be flexible."

Well, not really. More like badmouthing the fact that everyone uses 252/252/4...yeah...
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:58 am

Sorry for Double Post:

Ohhh, RM stands for Random Match -.-' woops.

But still, everything I said should be taken into mind, even when you're fighting a total n00b on Wi-Fi PBR.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7702

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:29 am

People usually never even notice that 128 isn't divisible by 4, meaning that if you make it 126 you have 4 EVs left over to put into another stat.

This set is huge set up bait. What's not stopping someone from subbing, Calm Minding, Swords Dancing etc... right in your face? Especially since Protect is mostly used for scouting purposes, they will just set up as you Protect, and most Pokémon can take 3 Night Shades before going down. By the way, Seismic Toss > Night Shade because you want to hit Normals more than Ghosts since you will not be staying in on Ghosts.

I'm not sure if there is any way that this isn't set up bait, but you need to have a good revenge killer on your team if you plan to use this in any tier
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
infernoflash

infernoflash

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks for the tips. So far, i'm not planning to use him on a team, i just made upp the set. I have done some damge calculations allready, and with 252 HP and 129 Def, he was going to survive many Phys attacks. And about the set-up bait thing... I could switch out Protect to Taunt, to make shure my opponent does not set up to man times. Also, i think i have a pretty nice Revenge Killer... And about the EVs, i think i'm actually just going to be simple and use 252/252. The set was mainly just planed to be a little more used against Physical Sweepers.
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
People usually never even notice that 128 isn't divisible by 4, meaning that if you make it 126 you have 4 EVs left over to put into another stat.

This set is huge set up bait. What's not stopping someone from subbing, Calm Minding, Swords Dancing etc... right in your face? Especially since Protect is mostly used for scouting purposes, they will just set up as you Protect, and most Pokémon can take 3 Night Shades before going down. By the way, Seismic Toss > Night Shade because you want to hit Normals more than Ghosts since you will not be staying in on Ghosts.

I'm not sure if there is any way that this isn't set up bait, but you need to have a good revenge killer on your team if you plan to use this in any tier

Sorry, but did you say that 128/4=/=32?
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5982

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Lol, someone here( i think nicodemus) already made basically the exact same set. S im going to suggest what i did then, which was a combonation of Taunt and meanlook destroys walls.
Back to top Go down
satisuicune

satisuicune

UT points : 5355

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:24 am

eaglehawks wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Sorry, but did you say that 128/4=/=32?
I was thinking the same thing...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/satisuicune
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7702

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:40 am

Sorry I got confused... It's 252/126/126 that many people here post and I was mistaken lol sorry
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7094

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:52 pm

The evs make no sense O_O
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6551

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:02 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
y not?
they make perfect sense to me, lol
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7094

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:09 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
y not?
they make perfect sense to me, lol

Oh wait never mind I got lost in the OR part.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5708

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:34 pm

yeah it looks awfully like my set >_>
anyways using half/half ev's in defences is a waste when you are using boosting nature if you want to make his defences equally reliable you should use somethink like this 252 hp/68 def /188 spdef

And my name is Nikodem not nikodemus LOL
Back to top Go down
infernoflash

infernoflash

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:52 am

You made set like this? Huh... I was not trying to copy it, just so you know. Razz

Anyway, thanks for the tips everyone. I'm going to EV train him and just se how it works. If i need to do any changes, i'll do that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5592

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:02 pm

If you plan on using pain split, I would suggest not using 252 hp evs. That doesn't really make sense
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5708

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Temius wrote:
If you plan on using pain split, I would suggest not using 252 hp evs. That doesn't really make sense
for dusclops you need as much hp ev's as you can give it cause its hp is terrible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RM PP Stall Dusclops   RM PP Stall Dusclops Empty

Back to top Go down

RM PP Stall Dusclops
Page 1 of 1