Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my uber lead :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MissTayylor

MissTayylor

UT points : 5154

my uber lead :) Empty
PostSubject: my uber lead :)   my uber lead :) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:22 am

mew @leftovers
nature; hasty
evs;252spd / 252hp
moves;
- transform Wink
- hypnosis
- u-turn
- stealthrock

a transforming mew its basically puts my foe to sleep then when they switch i set up sr and witht the hp evs i know i can take a hit so i can either transform or u-turn out Smile
Back to top Go down
Merrick

Merrick

UT points : 5055

PostSubject: Re: my uber lead :)   my uber lead :) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:03 am

FROM SMOGON

Quote :
Item: Choice Scarf / Leftovers

Nature: Jolly

Moveset
~ Transform
~ Trick / Hypnosis
~ Light Screen / Reflect
~ Explosion

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Mew, along with Smeargle and Ditto, is one of the few Pokémon in the game who has access to Transform. Need a physical wall? Mew can Transform into Groudon. Need a special sweeper? Mew can morph into a Darkrai. The only requirement that Mew has in order to Transform, is that the Pokémon in question is on your opponent’s team. This set’s ability to do well is rooted in its unpredictability. Furthermore, by having Mew Transform into a sweeper who is on or is like one who is on your team, it can take advantage of the damage the other sweeper has already done. For example, Dragon Dance Rayquaza is an incredibly potent sweeper, who is only checked by very bulky Lugia and Groudon after Choice Scarf users are dispatched, does extreme damage to its checks before it is taken out, to the point where they cannot do their job again. If you have Mew morph into a Pokémon who can take advantage of a weakened Groudon or Lugia, such as Swords Dance or SubSalac Garchomp, it will be easy for you to sweep.

To use this set, simply switch into a threat who you would like to Transform into, provided Mew will not die quickly to it. Then use Trick to give it your Choice Scarf, or use Hypnosis if you choose to use Leftovers instead. Then, you can transform into the crippled Pokémon, or the Pokémon who switches in. Look out, however, for Pokémon who already have Choice items or are immune to Trick. This set is best reserved until late game. You should scout out your opponent’s team before transforming, in order to find out to which of their own Pokémon are they the most weak.

Mew’s advantage of unpredictability with this set also makes it very hard to suggest teammates to accompany Mew, as its purpose, stats, and typing will vary from game to game. Wobbuffet, however, will work any time Mew uses a Choice Scarf. Wobbuffet can trap the Pokémon who you Trick the Choice Scarf to, keeping it locked into the move it used last. Wobbuffet can easily pick that Pokémon off by using either Counter or Mirror Coat. It can also use Safeguard to allow another sweeper a turn to set up. Dual screen support is also greatly appreciated, so that Mew will not die while it is trying to use Transform. Both Bronzong and Mewtwo fulfil this role very well.

Watch out for Giratina-O, who is immune to Trick, and therefore can make Mew keep its Choice Scarf, which severely hinders its ability to make use of Transform. Tyranitar deals with Giratina-O very well, taking very little damage from Dragon Pulse, Shadow Ball, or Thunder. It can also even survive through Aura Spheres if its bulkier, thanks to the Special Defense boost from the sandstorm. Tyranitar can hammer Giratina-O with Crunch, should it stay in, or hit it with Pursuit, should it switch out. Furthermore, since Giratina-O is forced to hold Platinum Orb, and thus has no Leftovers recovery, Tyranitar’s sandstorm will continuously chip away at Giratina-O’s HP, further weakening it.

Since Mew could wind up as any common Pokémon in the Ubers metagame, it is best to have Pokémon who resist the common attacks, them being Ice-, Dragon-, Dark-, Ghost-, Ground-, and Water-type attacks. A combination of Scizor and Latias can resist all of these attacks quite easily; Scizor handles the Ghost-, Dark-, Dragon-, and Ice-type attacks, while Latias deals with the Water- and Ground-type moves. The biggest users of Dark-, Ice-, and Dragon-type moves are Darkrai, Mewtwo, and Garchomp/Rayquaza, respectively, all of whom Scizor can deal with. As long as the Sleep Clause is activated, Scizor can switch in on anything that Darkrai can use, barring a +2 Focus Blast, and kill it with either U-turn or, if its weakened, Bullet Punch. Mewtwo can also be dealt with by using U-turn, Bullet Punch, or Pursuit, as long as it doesn’t have a Fire-type move. Finally, Scizor can switch into any Dragon-type move from Garchomp or Rayquaza, provided it’s not too badly hurt, and pick them off with Bullet Punch or U-turn. Not only this, but, by using U-turn, you can scout your opponent's switch-in. If they send in a Pokémon who you want to Transform into, you can then send Mew in without have to worry about it taking damage while it switches in. On the other hand, the biggest users of Ground- and Water-type moves are Groudon and Kyogre, respectively, both of whom Latias deals with quite easily. Latias is the best Kyogre counter in the game, as it can switch into even Water Spout and Recover off the damage before Kyogre can attack again. It also has Grass Knot to weaken not only Kyogre, but also Groudon, after it switches in on any support move, Earthquake, or Fire Punch. Latias can also take the Fire-type moves aimed at Scizor.
Back to top Go down
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6085

PostSubject: Re: my uber lead :)   my uber lead :) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Merrick: And what exactly was the point of posting that? The lead is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT that smogon lead isn't to set up stealth rock its to set up screens. And also its called making a new original set. Generally rate threads aren't just smogon sets.

Rate: The only problem i see is that you have to U-Turn out whenever you see a Deoxys-S lead (one of the most common Uber leads) because of the fact that you'll be completely shut down by taunt. But generally thats the only uber lead that outspeeds you. (i think -.-)
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7093

PostSubject: Re: my uber lead :)   my uber lead :) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:40 pm

Merrick: Having 2 moves that are the same doesn't make it a smogon set -_-

Rate: Try replacing Hypnosis with T-wave beacause hypnosis is only 60% accurate and one of the least accurate moves in the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6085

PostSubject: Re: my uber lead :)   my uber lead :) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 pm

The whole point is to get something to switch that can kill mew (i think). Thunder Wave just means that the other pokemon gets a free chance to kill it. -.-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my uber lead :)   my uber lead :) Empty

Back to top Go down

my uber lead :)
Page 1 of 1