Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5708

F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn Empty
PostSubject: F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn   F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:46 am

Lanturn(light of dead)@live orb
volt absorb
modest
252sp.att/100sp.def/158spe
-agility~boosts my speed to OVER (9000!) 416 beaning i can outspeed everythink in NU and UU(basically everythink in OU exept ninjask but i dont care about OU anyway)
-thunderbolt~very reliable stab attack
-hydro pump~very powerfull stab attack
-ice beam/toxic~cover/wall melter(in case i cant do any damage to the target i give him aids before i switch)

Lanturns unique typing (and ability) gives it many chances to switch in and scare away opponents to set up agility.

Last move gives me a little trouble (like always lol! ) electric and water type attcaks cant touch grass types(i have counters for them on all my teams...everyone does lol! ) if i give her ice beam she will be able to deal some damage to them ... but not ko them (she has trouble dealing with a stupid victribel ,sceptail or shiftry) but she can survive stab energy balls even after live orb recoil and finish the job on the next turn... she will propably kill herself doing that however.

Toxic cant hurt poison grass types but can help dealing with walls who have recover and think they can stall me with my lice orb recoil and generally helps dealing damage to opponents with above avrage defencive stats

It is for PBR so i generally dont use stealf rocks (waste of turns... maches are generally too short to make use of them) i sometimes use them in friend maches(6vs.6) however
Back to top Go down
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5190

PostSubject: Re: F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn   F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:40 am

I seriously see no point in a Sweeping Lanturn.

Laturn can't really put out a lot of damage, even with Life Orb. And putting Agility in there is just dead weight. Considering Lanturn has no sweeping potential and can't learn Baton Pass, it can't sweep and do critical damage, leaving it as an open KO.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7702

PostSubject: Re: F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn   F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:20 am

I think you may have gotten this idea from Agility Chinchou in Little Cup... However, Chinchou's Special Attack compared to other Pokémon's Special Attack in Little Cup is actually quite high. Couple that with the fact that most Pokémon have very low base HP in Little Cup (an average of 21 HP) and low Special Defense make Agility Chinchou a formidable sweeper... Lanturn has none of those good qualities going for it, unfortunately.

You should play Lanturn to its strengths, which are using its unique resistances and immunity to switch into battle rather easily and Thunderwave/Toxic/Heal Bell all over the battlefield.

If you still want to go this route, Ice Beam in the last slot so you can damage Grass types and Altaria. Toxic's main use is for bulky waters, but you already 2HKO the most common one in UU, Milotic, so stick with Ice Beam.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn   F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:58 am

Shnoogle wrote:
I think you may have gotten this idea from Agility Chinchou in Little Cup... However, Chinchou's Special Attack compared to other Pokémon's Special Attack in Little Cup is actually quite high. Couple that with the fact that most Pokémon have very low base HP in Little Cup (an average of 21 HP) and low Special Defense make Agility Chinchou a formidable sweeper... Lanturn has none of those good qualities going for it, unfortunately.

You should play Lanturn to its strengths, which are using its unique resistances and immunity to switch into battle rather easily and Thunderwave/Toxic/Heal Bell all over the battlefield.

If you still want to go this route, Ice Beam in the last slot so you can damage Grass types and Altaria. Toxic's main use is for bulky waters, but you already 2HKO the most common one in UU, Milotic, so stick with Ice Beam.

I never thought chinchou is so useful in little cup(i never really got into this -_- ...) well i alredy made this lanturn ( lots of free time in place with no wi-fi ) so i will give it ice beam as you said Smile
Back to top Go down
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6086

PostSubject: Re: F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn   F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:16 pm

If you really want to use this, there has been a set someone i know used a while ago. And seeing as lanturn doesn't have much special attack they used Charge Beam, i'll ask them for the set and come back later. Also if its a sweeper set don't use toxic.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

PostSubject: Re: F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn   F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:26 am

charge beam is good when you have a recovery move like ... recover however after 2 beams (when you are lucky) it gets as powerfull as thunderbolt and my other attacks 2x as that it sounds really appealing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn   F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn Empty

Back to top Go down

F**k yeah! it's agility lanturn
Page 1 of 1