Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Steel focus team

Go down 
+9
Shnoogle
TDiamond
FlareZen
Neku
Pialga93
SoulSilverHeartGold
Momo
UxieFTW
Temius
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5589

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:02 pm

This team uses quite a few steel types, which may be its downfall. please offer any suggestions to anything I missed that was major.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- Fire Punch
My lead. Can 2HKO suicide leads like azelf and aerodactyl, and has a 60% chance of stopping them from setting up at all. Also could function as a revenge killer late game.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- U-turn
A very basic Scizor. Can do heavy damage to all with bullet punch, and can scout the other team's pokes, as well as draw in fire types, which brings me to my next poke.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Can switch in on a Scizor counter for Flash-fire boost, and then use STAB plus boosted Fire Blast to tear through opposing team with choice scarf speed.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
Combos with Heatran and Scizor nicely, as it is immune to ground-type moves and fighting-type moves

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Spikes
My defensive wall. I opted out of speed evs for an uber-defensive physical wall. Hopefully can manage to whirlwind out enemy after 1 turn of setting up.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
Once again, I have opted out of defense evs for a monstrous SpD stat. Seeing as the only real mixed sweeper I can think of that would be a problem, infernape, is countered by heatran and gengar, I wanted to switch things up. If this is incredibly stupid, which it very well may be, PLEASE tell me why
Back to top Go down
UxieFTW

UxieFTW

UT points : 5545

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Ok this team is pretty good but has some problems. For starters Scizor needs technician because its bullet punch and pursuit will be much stronger. Another thing is to give Heatran flamethrower because you do not want to miss and flamethrower is still very powerful. Skamory's move set is too slow for it to use taunt. Try the Spikes Skarmory.

Skarmory
Evs: 252 Hp/64 Atk/176 Def/16 Speed or 252 Hp/252 Def
Nature: Impish
Moves:
-Spikes
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Wirlwind

I hope this helps and I didn't sound like a jerk. Have Fun! =D
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

UT points : 6596

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:35 pm

UxieFTW wrote:
Ok this team is pretty good but has some problems. For starters Scizor needs technician because its bullet punch and pursuit will be much stronger. Another thing is to give Heatran flamethrower because you do not want to miss and flamethrower is still very powerful. Skamory's move set is too slow for it to use taunt. Try the Spikes Skarmory.

Skarmory
Moves:
-Spikes
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Wirlwind

^Quoted for truth
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7091

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:58 pm

UxieFTW wrote:

Skarmory
Moves:
-Spikes
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Wirlwind

Well most standard heatrans have fire blast, there is a slim chance of it missing but there are reasons why almost EVERY heatran have fire blast.

Spoiler:

Plus if you are going to use wishbliss you SHOULD put in the defense ev's. Some reasons are:
-Mostly anything can outspeed Blissey so if you are planing to pass a wish, well there are a lot of physical sweepers in OU. A blissey with defense and full HP can have at least 1%-10% left. Blissey wont even have a chance with out some defense.
-If you opponent predicts a switch it can got into stone edge. It Probably will KO Gengar, and maybe 2HKO Heatran or it can go into Close Combat if you predict the flare blitz or flamethrower. Gengar is ok with close combat. But it's all about prediction.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5753

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Or heat wave for a middle ground
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:29 pm

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
UxieFTW wrote:

Skarmory
Moves:
-Spikes
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Wirlwind

Well most standard heatrans have fire blast, there is a slim chance of it missing but there are reasons why almost EVERY heatran have fire blast.

Spoiler:

Plus if you are going to use wishbliss you SHOULD put in the defense ev's. Some reasons are:
-Mostly anything can outspeed Blissey so if you are planing to pass a wish, well there are a lot of physical sweepers in OU. A blissey with defense and full HP can have at least 1%-10% left. Blissey wont even have a chance with out some defense.
-If you opponent predicts a switch it can got into stone edge. It Probably will KO Gengar, and maybe 2HKO Heatran or it can go into Close Combat if you predict the flare blitz or flamethrower. Gengar is ok with close combat. But it's all about prediction.
I have no idea what you're talking about with Blissey. She can use wish against a special sweeper or as they swicth out to a physical sweeper. I already posted this team on Smogon and I've made some major changes. I don;t need any more help
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5684

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:03 am

UxieFTW wrote:

Skarmory
Moves:
-Spikes
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Wirlwind

No no no! Fireblast is definitely what you want. Flamethrower can be a b**** if you need that 2hko on something but flamethrower nets you the 3hko while fireblast would have done otherwise. Me being an avid heatran user I think that you should swap out explosion for substitute for one main reason;

You said that Scizor was like bait for your Heatran to come out on. So basically you're forcing switches, so on their obvious switch (which many people fail to predict the obvious sub) you sub and have a free damage sponge. I prefer HP Electric to deal with everything else that's not Swampert. If a Swampert comes in you can simply fire blast for some decent damage and/or switch out.

Overall your team is pretty solid and cheap lol. Your synergy is pretty good as you get your hazards up and force pokemon to switch with the likes of the Tranny. lolz
Back to top Go down
FlareZen

FlareZen

UT points : 5173

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:24 am

Neku wrote:
UxieFTW wrote:

Skarmory
Moves:
-Spikes
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Wirlwind

No no no! Fireblast is definitely what you want. Flamethrower can be a b**** if you need that 2hko on something but flamethrower nets you the 3hko while fireblast would have done otherwise. Me being an avid heatran user I think that you should swap out explosion for substitute for one main reason;

You said that Scizor was like bait for your Heatran to come out on. So basically you're forcing switches, so on their obvious switch (which many people fail to predict the obvious sub) you sub and have a free damage sponge. I prefer HP Electric to deal with everything else that's not Swampert. If a Swampert comes in you can simply fire blast for some decent damage and/or switch out.

Overall your team is pretty solid and cheap lol. Your synergy is pretty good as you get your hazards up and force pokemon to switch with the likes of the Tranny. lolz

Swapert is a threat to heatran, best to go with hp grass to take out water/ground pokemon. So it does not have the chance to eq and or eq and resting off the damage then awaken with chesto berry
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:33 pm

FlareZen wrote:
Neku wrote:
UxieFTW wrote:

Skarmory
Moves:
-Spikes
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Wirlwind

Swapert is a threat to heatran, best to go with hp grass to take out water/ground pokemon. So it does not have the chance to eq and or eq and resting off the damage then awaken with chesto berry

Obviously Swampert is a threat to tran but it seems like a waste of versatility if you have a move to check mainly one pokemon. HP Electric is more useful. You would not believe how many times say a Gyarados came on my tran while my tran had a sub up and DD. Hp Grass didn't do sh*t! Hp electric lets me atleast take 40-50% of his Hp then revenge kill him.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:48 pm

I don't really care about Gyaradoses, cuz Skarm can whirl them out, and I want a poke that can clean OHKO Swampert a moajority of the time. AND I DON'T NEED ANY MORE HELP!!!
Back to top Go down
TDiamond

UT points : 5006

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:25 am

Temius wrote:
I don't really care about Gyaradoses, cuz Skarm can whirl them out, and I want a poke that can clean OHKO Swampert a moajority of the time. AND I DON'T NEED ANY MORE HELP!!!
Well I understand that you posted this on multiple sites so that you can get multiple opinions, but just becasue you got help from the other site doesn't mean you should shut other advice out. Even if you've already made this team, completely redesigned the team to your liking, or decided you scrap the entire thing it still doesn't hurt to listen to these people's advice. They've been giving you some good advice and I think you need to pay more attention to it as it could help you for future battles.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7699

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:06 am

Temius wrote:

You do realize that the most popular Gyarados set runs Taunt, right? Therefore he can DD up multiple times with BB doing around 30% damage after intimidate, and even less on the most bulky Gyarados.

And if you don't need any more help, which you actually do but whatever, why don't you just ask a mod to lock this?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Neku

Neku

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:03 pm

TDiamond wrote:
Temius wrote:
Well I understand that you posted this on multiple sites so that you can get multiple opinions, but just becasue you got help from the other site doesn't mean you should shut other advice out. Even if you've already made this team, completely redesigned the team to your liking, or decided you scrap the entire thing it still doesn't hurt to listen to these people's advice. They've been giving you some good advice and I think you need to pay more attention to it as it could help you for future battles.

Well said. Just because you got advice from the all mighty smogonites doesn't mean you can't take our insight. And Shnoogle is right, a majority of Gyarados run taunt so the next time half your team is swept by a gyarados because "skarm could whirlwind it" maybe you'll think about hp electric.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:39 pm

guys, STOP POSTING! I've completely changed the team. I don't need any more help!
Back to top Go down
ninjatreecko12

ninjatreecko12

UT points : 5580

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:11 pm

That was a very rude post if you ask me. I believe that we are free to express our opinions about this team. That is why you posted. You can always edit your post so that you can keep your team updated.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tromboneandpokemon12
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7632

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Temius wrote:
guys, STOP POSTING! I've completely changed the team. I don't need any more help!

cool then im stealing this team
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:08 pm

ninjatreecko12 wrote:
That was a very rude post if you ask me. I believe that we are free to express our opinions about this team. That is why you posted. You can always edit your post so that you can keep your team updated.
I saw some major flaws and decided to scrap this team. It's just like revinving a dead thread. If I don't need any more help. You should stop posting.

Evil wrote:
Temius wrote:

please don't
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5974

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Temius wrote:
ninjatreecko12 wrote:
I saw some major flaws and decided to scrap this team. It's just like revinving a dead thread. If I don't need any more help. You should stop posting.
No, if you didn't want anymore help, you should've requested a lock.

Temius wrote:
Evil wrote:
Temius wrote:
please don't
Why not? You just said you were going to scrap this team.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:33 pm

it's the principle of the thing. I want credit for my work
Back to top Go down
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6083

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 4:12 am

Evil wrote:
Temius wrote:

I wouldn't, its not very good.
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:23 am

Darkhunter101 wrote:
Evil wrote:
Temius wrote:

I wouldn't, its not very good.
LOL'D. Casey is right just as for a mod to lock it...? I'ts not that hard you don't need to QQ and be like omgggggg stop posting guyzzz I'm done with this team.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm incredibly confused by what you just wrote
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:54 pm

It isn't that hard to understand what I'm saying, perhaps you should reread it over and look at your previous posts on this thread, it's irrelevant now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:34 pm

I still have no idea what you were talking 'bout
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Steel focus team Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Steel focus team   A Steel focus team Empty

Back to top Go down

A Steel focus team
Page 1 of 1