Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How does destiny bond work?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5589

How does destiny bond work? Empty
PostSubject: How does destiny bond work?   How does destiny bond work? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:26 pm

I need to know
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6548

PostSubject: Re: How does destiny bond work?   How does destiny bond work? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Ok
They use destiny bond if they're faster, and if you kill them that turn u die as well
If they're slower, and u kill them on the next turn, u die as well.
If they're faster and use d-bond, and u use priority next turn and kill them, you will die as well.
End of the turn damage like burn, leech seed, sandstorm, etc. does not affect d-bond
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7699

PostSubject: Re: How does destiny bond work?   How does destiny bond work? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:03 pm

You use it and if the Pokémon kills you before you make another move, the Pokémon who deleivers the finishing blow dies too. Kind of like an explosion for weak Pokémon in the attacking stat like Mismagius.

Let's give you an example...

My Mismagius is at pretty good HP and the enemy has their Donphan out. I know I cannot KO with Shadow Ball and Assurance will do a ton, possibly fainting me depending on how much attack his Donphan has (standard spinner Donphan is Adamant with 252 attack EVs).

So, seeing as I have no safe switches, I use Destiny Bond as he uses Assurance. It takes me down to about 10% HP

Now the opponent, being a total n00b goes for an Ice Shard and kills Mismagius, thinking he will avoid Destiny Bond... WRONG!!! As long as you don't make a move (that includes ALL moves, btw... status moves, attacking moves etc...) after you use Destiny Bond and the opponent kills you, they die too =)

Note that DB doesn't work if you are statused in the sense that if you use DB, they use a move that brings you to ~5% HP and then you die that turn due to Toxic damage, they are NOT taken down with you because the opponent didn't deliver the finishing move. Even if they are the one who used toxic on you, it still won't work. The same goes for weather damage and things like leech seed damage.

Hope this helped =D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does destiny bond work?   How does destiny bond work? Empty

Back to top Go down

How does destiny bond work?
Page 1 of 1