Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My New Team

Go down 
+2
noheartx
Punk_Wiggels
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Punk_Wiggels

Punk_Wiggels

UT points : 5157

My New Team Empty
PostSubject: My New Team   My New Team EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, ideas, or comments for my new team. thanks ahead of time!

Tank Lead: Registeel
252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD
Leftovers Careful
~ Stealth Rock
~ Thunder Wave
~ Seismic Toss
~ Earthquake
Basically I want to counter anything my foe tries to do with shear force. I have Earthquake for the high dmg and S-toss to be sure I get damage on a foe with a high defence. His main job is to set up Stealth Rocks, maybe a Thunder Wave and do as much damage as possible.

Suicide Anti- Sweeper:Froslass
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Focus Sash Timid
~ Spikes
~ Endure
~ Destiny Bond
~ Ice Beam
I use Froslass's high speed to block any type of sweeper my foe throws at me. I use my first turn out to set up a layer of spikes and let him get a good hit on me, my Focus Sash saving me from a OHKO. If Im not down low enough I use endure my second turn. Once Im down low enough I use Destiny Bond and let my foe kill me, taking him down too.

Special Attacker: Blastoise
64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Choice Specs Modest
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Rapid Spin
Just a normal special attacker. He has a naturally high Defence and Special Defence so he knows how to take a hit. Also has Rapid Spin just to take out any Spikes/Stealth Rock that may be up.

Special Sweeper: Pikachu
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Light Ball Static Timid
~ Thunderbolt
~ Substitute
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Grass Knot
Pikachu has a with light ball just owns. I tried to give him as much type coverage as possible.

Physical Sweeper: Marowak
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Thick Club Rock Head Adamant
~ Swords Dance
~ Bonemerang
~ Stone Edge
~ ThunderPunch
My favorite sweeper! Swords Dance to boost his attack to 999 on the first turn and just keep using Bonemerang which, since it hits twice, will take out almost anything even something with a Focus Sash.

Physical Attacker: Absol
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Life Orb Super Luck Jolly
~ Swords Dance
~ Sucker Punch
~ Superpower
~ Night Slash
Quick attacker, swords dance first if possible and just keep on fighting till it dies.
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

UT points : 5429

My New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Team   My New Team EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 pm

looks good although i dont really see the point of hidden power grass on blastoise you should put Hidden power ground for better coverage
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7700

My New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Team   My New Team EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:34 pm

noheartx wrote:
looks good although i dont really see the point of hidden power grass on blastoise you should put Hidden power ground for better coverage

HP grass is to hit opposing bulky waters, however Blastoise is not the pokemon you should put in your team to be a special attacker. To be honest, this whole team lacks real good synergy and pikachu is just a waste of a team slot as it cannot come in on any attacks, and there are better revenge killers out there. Dugtrio, Swellow, Choice Scarf Primeape, Drapion (w/ pursuit to trap pokemon) etc...

How about you post reasons for why you chose each team member other than "I chose this because I needed a good physical sweeper"...

Another thing, marowak will never sweep a team. Ever. It is too slow and any pokemon who is faster and can attack from the special side just wipes the floor with your marowak.

Registeel is not the best lead. Regirock is MUCH better, so try this set out

Regirock @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP, 220 Sp. def, 36 Attack
~Rock Slide/Stone Edge
~EQ
~Explosion
~Stealth Rock

Easily takes care of many popular UU leads today, such as arcanine, offensive Spiritomb, etc...
Rock Slide or Stone Edge for your STAB move... I prefer Rock Slide for the accuray because it seems stone edge always misses, and Regirock might run into some PP issues with Stone Edge. Stone Edge does have 25 more base power, so if you like hard hitting attacks with somewhat reliable accuracy, go for it. The EVs maximize his defensive capabilities, giving him 320 Sp. Def, 364 HP, and 436 Def. The rest are put into Attack. (Yeah I stole the EVs from smogon, but they have been woeking well for me, so why not use them?)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5980

My New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Team   My New Team EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:25 pm

i would reccomend a baton passer of agility or rock polish since 3 of your strong sweepers are easy to KO if they face something that outspeeds it( and they will) heres a baton passer.

Ambipom@ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Hp, 200 Def, 52 Spe
Moves
-Agility
-Baton Pass
-Taunt
-Nasty Plot

With this set you can Baton Pass agility and nasty plot to your Pikachu and blastoise or just agility to Marowak or Absol. I'm not sure of what you could replace a poke with other than your registeel, but then you would lose stealthrock. Of course, you can still have spikes.
Back to top Go down
Punk_Wiggels

Punk_Wiggels

My New Team Empty
PostSubject: new work   My New Team EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:01 pm

okay thanks everyone who gave me ideas, i re worked my team entirely, so here it is, any more suggestions would be great!

Regirock (ROCKY) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
Clear Body
252 HP, 220 Sp. def, 36 Attack
~Rock Slide
~EQ
~Explosion
~Stealth Rock
Okay, so as Shnoogle stated before (thank you very much for the help btw) Regirock will ba able to take out alot more leads then a Registeel. I went with Rock Slide for the accuracy because I always seem to miss with anything lower than 90 accuracy.

Froslass (LIL' LASS) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
Snow Cloak
4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
~ Spikes
~ Endure
~ Destiny Bond
~ Ice Beam
I'm keeping my Froslass to deal with any sweepers because it has worked well for me before and can still do some decent damage to foes without just being a suicider.

STARMIE (PATRICK) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
136 HP, 156 Def, 216 Spe
~ Rapid Spin
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Recover
I decided to swap out my Blastoise with a Starmie because it is a much better special attacker. I kept on Rapid Spin so that i can knock off and Spikes/Stealthrocks that are one, I have Surf for STAB, Thunderbolt for type coverage, and finally recover to heal him because he is a very powerful pokemon and I want him alive for as long as possible.

Ambipom (DIDDY KONG) @ Lum Berry
Technician
Jolly Nature
252 Hp, 200 Def, 52 Spe
~ Agility
~ Baton Pass
~ Thunderwave
~ Tickel
So I took dragonmxz advice on this one, i changed up the move set a little. Basically his only job is to raise his speed, paralyze the foe and pass of the Marowak.

Marowak (HARD HEAD) @ Thick Club
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Rock Head
~ Swords Dance
~ Bonemerang
~ Stone Edge
~ ThunderPunch
Ill use the speed that Ambipom gives to give me a better shot at attacking everyone. The swords Dance will boost its attack sky high and from there is just attack till I die.

DUGTRIO (3s COMPANY) @ Life Orb
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Arena Trap
~ Earthquake
~ Sucker Punch
~ Stone Edge
~ Substitute
I replaced pikachu with Dugtrio to make it a better revenge killer. I went with Substitute to counter any other pokemon that may use sucker Punch to try to hit me first.
Back to top Go down
Punk_Wiggels

Punk_Wiggels

My New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Team   My New Team EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:09 pm

actually, forget about Dugtrio, im going to switch him out for Umbreon, since my team is way too weak against any type of water pokemon.

Umbreon (BLACK CAT) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
Synchronize
252 HP, 200 Atk, 56 SpD
0 Spe IVs
~ Curse
~ Payback
~ Wish
~ Protect
A great Curse pokemon. I use curse a few times and raise its attack high and then use Payback, doubling its power since chances are ill be getting hit first. I can use a Wish/Protect combo to heal.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7700

My New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Team   My New Team EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:02 pm

nice i like the new team...

umbreon looks good, standard cursing set. But just a tiny tip, you don't need 0 Speed IVs because payback has negative priority anyways, and by having 31 speed you may outspeed something, curse, and then take less damage therefore increasing its life.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5706

My New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Team   My New Team EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:41 am

Shnoogle wrote:
nice i like the new team...

umbreon looks good, standard cursing set. But just a tiny tip, you don't need 0 Speed IVs because payback has negative priority anyways, and by having 31 speed you may outspeed something, curse, and then take less damage therefore increasing its life.
payback has a regular priority it is not like revange... but still 31 iv are better
Back to top Go down
DarkJolteon

DarkJolteon

UT points : 6290

My New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Team   My New Team EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:47 am

Uh, Blastoise as a sweeper...? Not really seeing it. May want to replace it with something more competent like a Gorbyss if you insist on something UU/NU, now, i know blastoise get's water spout in the new game, but still.
DJ Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DarkJolteon23
Sponsored content

My New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Team   My New Team Empty

Back to top Go down

My New Team
Page 1 of 1