Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kay, let's chat.

Go down 
+17
FlareZen
leafshadow
Psyneko
Evil
yoshibreathesfire
Darkravenn12
ninjatreecko12
GaiaAero
SoulSilverHeartGold
Temius
Pialga93
Kanrik
Neku
Shnoogle
mrcatz
Deadluiga
cdplayar
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7920

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Kso, we're dying. We all know it. Some won't like, accept it, but it is. So, we have a few choices. Buy some ads, or gtfo. No, I'm not being like "KANKAN AMGAMGAMG ADVERTISE BUY SUM ADADADADDADASSSSZZ$$$ AMGOMGWTFBBQ PLZPLZPLZPL0X OMG." I'm just saying, that's the only way we can really attract members. Thoughtsssssss?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
Deadluiga

UT points : 6010

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:15 pm

cdplayar wrote:
Kso, we're dying. We all know it. Some won't like, accept it, but it is. So, we have a few choices. Buy some ads, or gtfo. No, I'm not being like "KANKAN AMGAMGAMG ADVERTISE BUY SUM ADADADADDADASSSSZZ$$$ AMGOMGWTFBBQ PLZPLZPLZPL0X OMG." I'm just saying, that's the only way we can really attract members. Thoughtsssssss?
Uutton brought users. Hes gone so were screwed. K?
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:43 pm

K.
There's always a way to get members.!
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8665
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:54 pm

No this place is not the same. I'm actually considering leaving my self but don't worry I probably won't. Basically we have less active members. Its' just the same people. Plus only like 3 people are here from when the forums started (Kanrik Darkraven, and Dan if I'm not mistaken. This place is actually more spam then seriousness. It's sad to say but It's true.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7700

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Agreeing with everything mrcatz said... Too much spam, not enough quality.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Deadluiga

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Giga might be able to help. But I doubt anybody can contact him. I know all the loldrama that went on with him, but still.
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Deadluiga wrote:
Giga might be able to help. But I doubt anybody can contact him. I know all the loldrama that went on with him, but still.

but it won't matter. Half the people wioll be here for a few days, add to the spam or not post, an then never log back on. It won't matter if we get 100,000 members, only 40 (if that will be active)
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5685

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm

I wasn't around with the Gigatitan versus Uutton drama, can someone like explain what happened and how? And this isn't news CD, I'm kinda surprised it's been what? 2-3 months since Uutton's been gone and we're still doin...
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14529
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Guess its time to do some explainin'.

Deadluiga wrote:
We have asked Giga to advertise, but he refuses to advertise the forums based solely on the fact that he no longer had power. funny thing is he was on for 2 days and has never come back, so my guess is he just wanted the forums back, and got mad because we actually wanted to keep it going how it was.

Interesting fact: Uutton was the ad-wagon, Giga did ONE video that mentioned the forums, that was it. So it also doesn't surprise me that Giga wasn't going to do anything this time, as much as he claimed he wanted to help.

Also, its funny how people think that just because Uutton left, the forums completely changed direction. The same people who ran the main areas STILL run the main areas (Dan and I). That hasn't changed. Whats changed is the personality of the members of the forum. If people didn't spam and fight all the time, this place would probably still have its attractive feel.

We've tried events, we've tried Youtube, people just aren't interested right now. If we could bring in another big person, maybe it would help, but at this point I kinda doubt it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
mrcatz

mrcatz

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Plus if someone is here just cuz Uutton's here, chances are they won't contribute a lot. It would kind of be like the freshmen wanted to hang out with the senior home coming king quarterback. How dos that ever work out (forgive my poor analogy)
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5754

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:28 pm

mrcatz wrote:
No this place is not the same. I'm actually considering leaving my self but don't worry I probably won't. Basically we have less active members. Its' just the same people. Plus only like 3 people are here from when the forums started (Kanrik Darkraven, and Dan if I'm not mistaken. This place is actually more spam then seriousness. It's sad to say but It's true.
My main question is why do members just spam and leave, and second I know we should admit a problem when there is one, but none of this "the forums are dead" business will help morale, I've been here less than a year and I know a lot of people worked hard to make these forums, so instead of jumping the ship we need to save it. I like you guys and don't want to go to another forum, this is the only I've grown attached to.
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:35 pm

I know this ain't news, just thought we should discuss. :L

Kso, we need a makeover. Not like, just an aesthetic one, but a community one. Let's educate other users and help start better discussions. That will add appeal. Then, we can go and advertise, maybe offer some kind of prize system for joinign at a certain time?
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:41 pm

CD hit the target. We need to make it appealing to others. Random topics with no meaning get old fast so we need to show people what is spam and what is quality
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5590

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:55 pm

Kanrik wrote:
Guess its time to do some explainin'.

Deadluiga wrote:
We have asked Giga to advertise, but he refuses to advertise the forums based solely on the fact that he no longer had power. funny thing is he was on for 2 days and has never come back, so my guess is he just wanted the forums back, and got mad because we actually wanted to keep it going how it was.

Interesting fact: Uutton was the ad-wagon, Giga did ONE video that mentioned the forums, that was it. So it also doesn't surprise me that Giga wasn't going to do anything this time, as much as he claimed he wanted to help.

Also, its funny how people think that just because Uutton left, the forums completely changed direction. The same people who ran the main areas STILL run the main areas (Dan and I). That hasn't changed. Whats changed is the personality of the members of the forum. If people didn't spam and fight all the time, this place would probably still have its attractive feel.

We've tried events, we've tried Youtube, people just aren't interested right now. If we could bring in another big person, maybe it would help, but at this point I kinda doubt it.
I think it's the attitude of the forums nowadays. The forums are called the Uuttitan forums, and the only reason people would come here instead of something like smogon, or serebii, is the fact that you are a fan of the two of them, and unfortunately, all the current owners seemingly feel nothing but disdain for them. That's incredibly off-putting to people. I'm trying to stay loyal to these forums, but the attitude coming from the most active admins is so incredibly entitled and superior. I will probably get banned for this, as these owners have proven to be very sensitive about their pride. I truly hope you do not choose to ban me, as I am one of the few people who actually posts nowadays. All the admins act as if they are Jesus freaking Christ because they control a very small forum on the internet. Our mods treat the general public like children, jumping at them when they tell others to be respectful, criticizing them of "mini-modding" I truly believe that if our higher-rank members would learn to see themselves as former members, and show them the proper respect, these forums would be far more popular. It pains me to see these forums being destroyed by the very people who seek to grow them.
I do not wish to come off as one who is just hating for no reason. I am just a meager member who knows that these forums have the ability to be so much better. There is only one thing between these forums and those of say, Serebii: the attitude. If we are to make these forums the success they deserve to be, we must convey from our words that same feeling that makes people love gigatitan and uutton. We must make these forums fun again. I hope any of you who read this fully are truly committed to improving these forums, not protecting your own ego.
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:04 pm

actually I do remember it being called "the friendly gaming community" or something like that. But yeah spam is a minor issue, but our attitude needs a shift, we need to follow our old motto. BUT we really need advertisement.
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:53 pm

Temius wrote:
I think it's the attitude of the forums nowadays. The forums are called the Uuttitan forums, and the only reason people would come here instead of something like smogon, or serebii, is the fact that you are a fan of the two of them, and unfortunately, all the current owners seemingly feel nothing but disdain for them.
Forgive me if I hold no kindness to the guy who only wants power, and the former "leader" who won't even willingly help his own creation when he wouldn't have had to lift a finger. If I could change the name and know people would still be coming, I'd do it in a heart beat because both Uutton and Gigatitan are gone, and I doubt thats changing anytime soon.

Temius wrote:
That's incredibly off-putting to people. I'm trying to stay loyal to these forums, but the attitude coming from the most active admins is so incredibly entitled and superior. I will probably get banned for this, as these owners have proven to be very sensitive about their pride. I truly hope you do not choose to ban me, as I am one of the few people who actually posts nowadays. All the admins act as if they are Jesus freaking Christ because they control a very small forum on the internet.
If I was, as you put it, "Jesus freaking Christ", I would perform a miracle and there would be no need for me to go to my wits end coming up with ways to try and bring people in. If my "pride" was so sensitive, I would have left a very long time ago when all the work I did on this forum was never credited to me. If I was going to ban you, I would have done it instead of answering. As you can see, that hasn't happened.

Temius wrote:
Our mods treat the general public like children, jumping at them when they tell others to be respectful, criticizing them of "mini-modding" I truly believe that if our higher-rank members would learn to see themselves as former members, and show them the proper respect, these forums would be far more popular.
You were never here in the past, unless you want to reveal this mysterious alter ego you have. I wish Greene would come back now, because if you think the mods complaining about "mini-modding" was bad, oh buddy would you be in for a surprise. Whats in the past is int he past, and its the entire reason Dan and I had to re-write the rules to add in guidelines, because unlike what everyone thought, we are ok with mini-modding, because thats less that we have to take care of.

Temius wrote:
It pains me to see these forums being destroyed by the very people who seek to grow them.
I got a button that says "delete forum", if I wanted to destroy it, I think it would have already been done (like back in February when Uutton wanted too, but we talked him out of it.)

Temius wrote:
I do not wish to come off as one who is just hating for no reason. I am just a meager member who knows that these forums have the ability to be so much better. There is only one thing between these forums and those of say, Serebii: the attitude. If we are to make these forums the success they deserve to be, we must convey from our words that same feeling that makes people love gigatitan and uutton. We must make these forums fun again. I hope any of you who read this fully are truly committed to improving these forums, not protecting your own ego.
How about I don't "convey my feelings" like Giga and Uutton, unless you want to hear a constant line of BS. Giga came back saying he was willing to help, but left us because we wouldn't give him Admin rights. Uutton left everything YouTube related forever, and when we went to him for help, pretty much blew us right off. If thats what attracts people, then I'm rather astonished.

If you REALLY want to get me started on commitment, allow me to fill you in on something, so maybe not just you, but everyone understands this. These forums give NO revenue, we get nothing from the ads, that goes to the server provider. Dan and I practically put in 20-30+ hour weeks making sure nothing terrible goes wrong with the forum, as well as running UuttitanTV, as well as keeping UuttonPartay 'alive', while doing our own work in college / university, all at the same time trying to keep up with our own channel and attempting to have a life. If I wasn't committed, I would have, again, already left. Pride? I'd like to say keeping this alive is my pride, which is why we try to keep things changing and moving forward. Why do you think I choose to drop the religion rule? I figured people were mature enough that it no longer needed to be enforced. Same goes for a lot of things on the forums. If you want me to be a rule nazi so no one fights with another person, so be it. Although, something tells me then you would all leave because "we have no freedom here".

I can't change your attitude, so if your gonna complain about it, then do something about yourself, THEN try to criticize others.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:12 am

I first of all appreciate that you didn't ban me. I have been conditioned to assume all mods have very fragile egos, yet it seems that is not true for you. I do not in any way advocate the way uutton and giga have acted, nor do I think they have any right to be in control. And I know you have nothing but the utmost dedication to these forums. I only fear that you are unwittingly putting off people from joining the forums by being so very impassioned about the forums. These forums have no doubt been improved greatly, yet many of the same issues still run rampant. People are accused for "mini-modding", while certain others engage in thread-long flame wars and are given the same degree of punishment. I do not wish to complain. I only seek to offer my suggestions for improvement. Whether you decide to follow them or not is entirely your choice. I hold no sentimentality towards the former ruling body of these forums, yet I do believe we can get back that feeling of community, and make this a place where people WANT to be. You have my utmost respect, and the most I can ask for is your own. Listen to me or not, I will do no more than advise
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:11 am

If I was "impassionate" about the forums, then I wouldn't be putting in my time to attempt to make things happen to take things back to how they were. Repeating yourself doesn't make you look smart. I know there are still flame wars, and I know people still complain about the "mini-modding" issue, to the line that someone actually had to be banned because of all the trolling. We have NEVER turned down suggestions, we don't always use them, but they are looked at, thats why there is an area on the forums to post them. Instead of waving around saying "I have an idea, but only if you ask", then why bother telling anyone you have an idea.

The Flaming, trolling, and accusations of "mini-modding" will continue until THE MEMBERS decide that they are willing enough to grow up and move past it. If I have to start being the cruel hand and punishing people for "doing the wrong thing" to get it through peoples' heads, then so be it. Nothing is going to change about the members' feelings towards the forums until you guys decide you want to make it a better place. There is no more that Dan and I can do, we've tried more than we should have. If it comes to letting the place die, then so be it. We can't be the only ones to put our times into this place for it to succeed.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:14 am

Kanrik wrote:
If I was "impassionate" about the forums, then I wouldn't be putting in my time to attempt to make things happen to take things back to how they were. Repeating yourself doesn't make you look smart. I know there are still flame wars, and I know people still complain about the "mini-modding" issue, to the line that someone actually had to be banned because of all the trolling. We have NEVER turned down suggestions, we don't always use them, but they are looked at, thats why there is an area on the forums to post them. Instead of waving around saying "I have an idea, but only if you ask", then why bother telling anyone you have an idea.

The Flaming, trolling, and accusations of "mini-modding" will continue until THE MEMBERS decide that they are willing enough to grow up and move past it. If I have to start being the cruel hand and punishing people for "doing the wrong thing" to get it through peoples' heads, then so be it. Nothing is going to change about the members' feelings towards the forums until you guys decide you want to make it a better place. There is no more that Dan and I can do, we've tried more than we should have. If it comes to letting the place die, then so be it. We can't be the only ones to put our times into this place for it to succeed.
Dude, "impassioned" means passionate. Seriously...
I think you misunderstood me. All I want to say is that, regardless of whether or not you decide to listen to me, I think you have done a great job with the forums and I am very happy that you are the owner
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:36 am

yeah Kanrik, I'll admit in these last few months you have earned my respect as the true resilient leader of this site. Smile And I commend you for that.
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:59 am

Temius wrote:

Dude, "impassioned" means passionate. Seriously...
I think you misunderstood me. All I want to say is that, regardless of whether or not you decide to listen to me, I think you have done a great job with the forums and I am very happy that you are the owner
Thats what happens when I read things at 4 am...
Also, Co-Owner, Dan is the legitimate owner the forums, as TJ gave it to him when he left.
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7092

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:39 am

Kanrik wrote:
If I was "impassionate" about the forums, then I wouldn't be putting in my time to attempt to make things happen to take things back to how they were. Repeating yourself doesn't make you look smart.

^

Also Temius you have only been here 2 months I don't consider you a "major" member. Just my opinion...

*sides with Kanrik*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Temius

Temius

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 am

SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Kanrik wrote:
If I was "impassionate" about the forums, then I wouldn't be putting in my time to attempt to make things happen to take things back to how they were. Repeating yourself doesn't make you look smart.

^

Also Temius you have only been here 2 months I don't consider you a "major" member. Just my opinion...

*sides with Kanrik*
did u seriously read his last post? I was complimenting him, you idiot
Back to top Go down
Deadluiga

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:53 am

One thing I don't get-

Why didin't TJ give the main admin account to Kanrik or some Dan? T_T
Back to top Go down
GaiaAero
Junior Moderator
Junior Moderator

UT points : 6375

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:01 am

Temius wrote:
SoulSilverHeartGold wrote:
Kanrik wrote:

^

*sides with Kanrik*
did u seriously read his last post? I was complimenting him, you idiot
No need to call him an idiot. We all know SSHG isn't the brightest crayon in the box.
Deadluiga wrote:
One thing I don't get-

Why didin't TJ give the main admin account to Kanrik or some Dan? T_T
TJ did give the main admin account to Kanrik/Dan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kay, let's chat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kay, let's chat.   Kay, let's chat. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kay, let's chat.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uuttitan Forums :: Reality :: General Discussion-
Jump to: