Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Togekiss Moveset idea

Go down 
+4
Shnoogle
FreaKaz0id
Gir
ninetalescommander
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ninetalescommander

ninetalescommander

UT points : 5706

Togekiss Moveset idea Empty
PostSubject: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Hiya everyone
I have recently been working on a Togekiss moveset and I want your opinion's on it
Here is the details

Pokemon: Togekiss
Nature: Quiet
Serene Grace
EV's: 252 Sp.atk, 252 HP and 6 Sp.def
Heat Rock
Moves: Heat Wave, Solarbeam, Secret Power and Sunny Day

Description:
Before I say anything else I wanna say that this is for PBR ONLY. I wouldn't use this set in competitive DS Battles.

Most of the strategy is obvious, you set up Sunny Day and then use Solarbeam and Heat Wave to attack.
Now then, why carry Secret power?
The reason is the effect of Secret Power changes with each location and Serene Grace makes the chance of Secret Power's effect 60% which isn't that bad

Here are some effects that secret power has in PBR

Gateway: Lowers the ATK stat
Waterfall: Induces Sleep
Magma and Crystal: Causes Flinch

Those are some of the effects, the entire list is on smogon

Obviously the damage from Secret Power isn't so good but its really for the effect, not the damage as that's what Solarbeam and Heat Wave are for.

So that's it really, let me know what you think
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6268

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:29 pm

If this is for random pbr, it will most probably work. Its hard to find a decent PBR random opponent
Back to top Go down
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

UT points : 5748

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Why don't you give it Tri Attack, it can actually learn it in Pokemon XD or Colosseum.
Not many people use it, and with Serene Grace, it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7718

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Since you are using Secret Power for the secondary effect, why not use a Modest Nature? You won't miss the attack drop much because your main goal is to have the target afflicted with status, flinch, etc... Speaking of which, it is hard to flinch things when you have a Speed lowering Nature
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14547
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Moved to where it should have been.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5206

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:38 am

A few comments:

1) Fire Blast is also a good option for Togekiss when the time comes. Even though Heat Wave's damage output is good and hits both opponents, Fire Blast's output is even higher and with Serene Grace as an ability, you have a 60% chance of burning an opponent who survives the Fire Blast, which plays for good team support in Doubles, weakening the Burned Pokemon while lowering their Attack both at the same time.

2) @Freakazoid: Sorry dude, checked Serebii and Smogon and 3rd Gen. Dex, Togekiss can't learn Tri Attack Sad

3) As Shnoogle said, don't go for a Quiet nature. When you play Pokemon, Speed is pretty important. Quiet nature sounds good on a Trick Room team, unless this is on a SunnyRoom team, that's a different story. You're better off going with Modest. Secret Power, according from what you say, is a utility move, like Rapid Spin. Since ther reason you have Secret Power is to abuse Serene Grace to inflict abnormal statuses on opponents rather than hurting them badly, Modest is the way to go.

4) Air Slash>Solarbeam. It is vital as well as standard to run a STAB move unless the STAB doesn't have good type coverage. Basically, with Air Slash, Your Togekiss now becomes a (the most) annoying Sunny Togekiss.

5) Although I'm no master at EVs, you might as well redo the EVs. Make it a bit faster, unless as I mentioned before it's a SunnyRoom set.
Back to top Go down
FreaKaz0id

FreaKaz0id

UT points : 5748

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:54 am

eaglehawks wrote:
A few comments:

1) Fire Blast is also a good option for Togekiss when the time comes. Even though Heat Wave's damage output is good and hits both opponents, Fire Blast's output is even higher and with Serene Grace as an ability, you have a 60% chance of burning an opponent who survives the Fire Blast, which plays for good team support in Doubles, weakening the Burned Pokemon while lowering their Attack both at the same time.

2) @Freakazoid: Sorry dude, checked Serebii and Smogon and 3rd Gen. Dex, Togekiss can't learn Tri Attack Sad

3) As Shnoogle said, don't go for a Quiet nature. When you play Pokemon, Speed is pretty important. Quiet nature sounds good on a Trick Room team, unless this is on a SunnyRoom team, that's a different story. You're better off going with Modest. Secret Power, according from what you say, is a utility move, like Rapid Spin. Since ther reason you have Secret Power is to abuse Serene Grace to inflict abnormal statuses on opponents rather than hurting them badly, Modest is the way to go.

4) Air Slash>Solarbeam. It is vital as well as standard to run a STAB move unless the STAB doesn't have good type coverage. Basically, with Air Slash, Your Togekiss now becomes a (the most) annoying Sunny Togekiss.

5) Although I'm no master at EVs, you might as well redo the EVs. Make it a bit faster, unless as I mentioned before it's a SunnyRoom set.
Check the bottom:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/175.shtml
Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreaKazOide
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7651

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:30 am

Gir wrote:
If this is for random pbr, it will most probably work. Its hard to find a decent PBR random opponent

Its fun to test creative movesets in it though Smile
Back to top Go down
ninetalescommander

ninetalescommander

UT points : 5706

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:54 am

FreaKaz0id wrote:
Why don't you give it Tri Attack, it can actually learn it in Pokemon XD or Colosseum.
Not many people use it, and with Serene Grace, it's awesome.

Kanrik wrote:
Moved to where it should have been.

eaglehawks wrote:
A few comments:

Quote 1: I would give it Tri Attack but what should I get rid of? I don't wanna lose Secret power as its kinda original

Quote 2: Sorry for putting this in the wrong place

Quote 3: I fully agree with Fire Blast, i'll definetly run that instead of Heat Wave
Quiet Nature works for anything but flinching so I may go for Modest instead
As for Air Slash, I would run that but its so overused I just wanna avoid it to avoid people moaning at me for not being original

Anyway, thanks alot for reply's and if anyone has any more advice, feel free to tell me
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7718

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:15 pm

Fire Blast only has a 10% chance to burn, and I'd say keep Secret Power as, if this is for PBR, Waterfall Colosseum is pretty common and 60% chance of Sleep is much better than the 40% chance of Paralyze, Burn, or Freeze. I suppose that Freeze is good, but since when that 40% chance does come in to play, you have only a 13.3 chance to Freeze, and Sleep is better than the other 2 statuses.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
eaglehawks

eaglehawks

UT points : 5206

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:48 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Fire Blast only has a 10% chance to burn, and I'd say keep Secret Power as, if this is for PBR, Waterfall Colosseum is pretty common and 60% chance of Sleep is much better than the 40% chance of Paralyze, Burn, or Freeze. I suppose that Freeze is good, but since when that 40% chance does come in to play, you have only a 13.3 chance to Freeze, and Sleep is better than the other 2 statuses.

Whoops. Sorry about the Fire Blast thing >.<. I thought that considering that Fire Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard were somewhat similar, I thought the the Burn chance was 30% because Thunder's Paralysis Chance was 30%.
Back to top Go down
TDiamond

UT points : 5025

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:17 am

This is definently an interesting set. I could see it going along with some sort of Sunny Day team.
Unfortunently with the Open Tier Meta Game on PBR and a lot of people seem to like the Dragon trio I can't see this doing too much, as you can't get anything more than neutral damage. However if victory isn't your only goal then this is a pretty cool novelty Togekiss.
I would change its nature from Quite to Modest though since there isn't any reason to lose speed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Togekiss Moveset idea   Togekiss Moveset idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Togekiss Moveset idea
Page 1 of 1