Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Deoxys's Moveset

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ScizzorTrainer

ScizzorTrainer

UT points : 5450

My Deoxys's Moveset Empty
PostSubject: My Deoxys's Moveset   My Deoxys's Moveset EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:44 pm

So yeah. I just got done EV'ing my Deoxys-A but I need some critique.
Deoxys-A W/ Focus sash or Choice specs.
Nature: Modest
EVs: 255 special attack, 255 speed
Moves:
Psycho boost
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Thunder

Ice beam and thunder are my main attacking moves, psycho boost and hyper beam are my last resorts/moves to use on stronger pokemon. I can't decide between Choice specs and focus sash. Granted, Specs would basically make it a glass nuke on legs, but on one hand, if it doesn't KO, I could be screwed if my opponent so much as uses a 60 BP move Shocked. I could really use some advice on this one, mabye even with the moveset.
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7656

PostSubject: Re: My Deoxys's Moveset   My Deoxys's Moveset EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:47 pm

not hyper beam, replace it with something else like flamethrower

specs is a good choice if you want him to rape spdef wall (but it wont rape blissey, just molest it)

also if you're not going to pick specs, add a physical move on him just incase you cant get past a annoying wall

^ get the ev reducing berry, and use it once on his spatk, then train his atk ev, that'd be nice if you do pick that choice :3

psycho boost isnt that great too, unless you're planning on a hit and run, and you know the pokemon isnt going to be attacking (due to it being killed or something)

Last edited by Evil on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : blah, havent started battling ever since garchomp became uber, so im old D: feel free to correct me)
Back to top Go down
ScizzorTrainer

ScizzorTrainer

PostSubject: Re: My Deoxys's Moveset   My Deoxys's Moveset EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Evil wrote:
not hyper beam, replace it with something else like flamethrower

specs is a good choice if you want him to rape spdef wall (but it wont rape blissey, just molest it)

also if you're not going to pick specs, add a physical move on him just incase you cant get past a annoying wall

^ get the ev reducing berry, and use it once on his spatk, then train his atk ev, that'd be nice if you do pick that choice :3

psycho boost isnt that great too, unless you're planning on a hit and run, and you know the pokemon isnt going to be attacking (due to it being killed)

I was thinking of the hit and run strategy, but I think I might go with specs. I honestly probably would go physical/sash strategy if it weren't for the modest nature.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5613

PostSubject: Re: My Deoxys's Moveset   My Deoxys's Moveset EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:54 pm

just keep 252 evs in SpA and Spd, the extra 3 aren't doing anything, and put them into hp or something. Also, Hyper Beam is incredibly bad on a choice specs set if you intend on doing anything. Hyper Beam is just generally useless, DON'T USE IT! If you don't listen to that, you are clearly not meant to play competitively
Back to top Go down
Pialga93

Pialga93

UT points : 5777

PostSubject: Re: My Deoxys's Moveset   My Deoxys's Moveset EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:54 pm

I'd say sash and replace Hyper beam with Superpower so you can take on steel types and blissy.
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7656

PostSubject: Re: My Deoxys's Moveset   My Deoxys's Moveset EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:10 pm

yawwww deoxys has a big movepool

your possibilities are huge
Back to top Go down
ScizzorTrainer

ScizzorTrainer

PostSubject: Re: My Deoxys's Moveset   My Deoxys's Moveset EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Evil wrote:
yawwww deoxys has a big movepool

your possibilities are huge

Yus, that's why it's my favorite
And thanks for bringing Super power up.
I'll think abou that.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7723

PostSubject: Re: My Deoxys's Moveset   My Deoxys's Moveset EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:24 am

Psycho Boost really isn't that effective in Ubers because more than half of the Pokémon there resist it and those that don't (Groudon, Kyogre, Ho-Oh etc...) Are hit hard by Ice Beam/Thunder. I'd suggest, just like everyone else said, to give it Superpower for things like Blissey and Dialga.
Hyper Beam = bad all around move. There are multiple options for replacing this slot. If you want you can run Substitute and change the item to Petaya Berry so that you can have a Choice Specs boost after you sub down to your berry, but you can change moves. Wasting HP isn't a problem because it cannot take a hit anyways besides maybe a Rapid Spin lol.
I would say that Fire Punch/HP [Fire] is a good option in the last slot too because Scizor is more popular in Ubers than OU to be honest and it isn't KOed by your other moves bar a crit, but since you are using Thunder I have to assume that you are using Kyogre, which means that Fire Punch//HP [Fire] is only 2* damage, which is only 20 more power than Thunder is. Still, if you can assure that the Rain won't be up at the time or that the Sun is shining brightly, HP [Fire] is a pretty good move to catch those Scizors trying to Pursuit you.
You could run a Trick set with Trick / Thunder / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball or Superpower (Shadow Ball is good for all those Psychics in Ubers and Trick should take care of Blissey so Superpower isn't as useful)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
ScizzorTrainer

ScizzorTrainer

PostSubject: Re: My Deoxys's Moveset   My Deoxys's Moveset EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Psycho Boost really isn't that effective in Ubers because more than half of the Pokémon there resist it and those that don't (Groudon, Kyogre, Ho-Oh etc...) Are hit hard by Ice Beam/Thunder. I'd suggest, just like everyone else said, to give it Superpower for things like Blissey and Dialga.
Hyper Beam = bad all around move. There are multiple options for replacing this slot. If you want you can run Substitute and change the item to Petaya Berry so that you can have a Choice Specs boost after you sub down to your berry, but you can change moves. Wasting HP isn't a problem because it cannot take a hit anyways besides maybe a Rapid Spin lol.
I would say that Fire Punch/HP [Fire] is a good option in the last slot too because Scizor is more popular in Ubers than OU to be honest and it isn't KOed by your other moves bar a crit, but since you are using Thunder I have to assume that you are using Kyogre, which means that Fire Punch//HP [Fire] is only 2* damage, which is only 20 more power than Thunder is. Still, if you can assure that the Rain won't be up at the time or that the Sun is shining brightly, HP [Fire] is a pretty good move to catch those Scizors trying to Pursuit you.
You could run a Trick set with Trick / Thunder / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball or Superpower (Shadow Ball is good for all those Psychics in Ubers and Trick should take care of Blissey so Superpower isn't as useful)

Fire punch sounds like it would be a good move, and yes, Kyogre is most definately going to be in my team. But Deoxys is pretty much my lead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Deoxys's Moveset   My Deoxys's Moveset Empty

Back to top Go down

My Deoxys's Moveset
Page 1 of 1